Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Appreciated, but unloved,
I have lived my life.
Broken hearts,
I have been there to mend.
Brain drain,
I have been there to assist.

In sickness, in sadness,
In blindness, in deafness,
In ineptness,
I have been there.

In my own hour of despair,
I am alone.
Those I have helped,
Nowhere to be found.

Ignored.
Isolated.
Aloof.
Alone.
Appreciated,
But unloved.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

painful..

so glad you found the coolest place at Interference
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

I had been here before, but I was ignored wholly. Apparently, people here are a bit more receptive now, so I think I might post more often in here.

Politics are booooooooooooring (well, when not incorporated into poetry
wink.gif
).

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I really like that melon, the hopelessness of it hits hard.

I think Ive suggested to you in Free your mind, to come post here more.I'm glad you did.
I checked out your website btw, and wow, those artworks are amazing.
smile.gif

Excellent poem, melon.

I felt as if you were writing what was churning inside my own head, but I know you were not. But it's good to know I'm not alone.

smile.gif

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Back
Top Bottom