anyone got any clues about what its all about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Im going to be self indulgent here, so apologies before I start.

Ive had a lousy day, thats why Im listening to Elevation now, so if I break into song, excuse me for that too.

You see, Im 24, I left school and went straight to uni as a 17 yr old. Did a degree which as a 17 yr old thought I wanted to do. Then when I was finished at 22, I wasnt so sure anymore.

I ended up working in the field for a year and then got a full time position for a year, this year. I have been told by my boss all year that I will be around next year. She many times mentioned me working there next year.
SO I had to go for an interview for my own job last week. I felt good,as I would cause I was pretty much told I was in with a big shot.

SO today I found out, Im out. They gave my job to someone else more experienced.
Even after all the talk of me staying on, and Im out.I felt like crying in her office but pulled it together and got out of there as quick as I could.

Im so at a loss. Maybe I was never meant to do this job, maybe I am supposed to give it in and go follow U2 around on tour next year. Ha ha

A mole! Digging in a hole
digging on my soul now going down excavation
told ya..

So I feel like Ive got a fifty foot knife sticking out of my back. DO you think things happen for a reason?
or do you believe we make a complete own destiny?

...you make me feel like i could fly
so high
EL E VA TION!...

HOoooooooo HOOOOOOOOOO!!
HOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

I need someone to tell me how to get my mojo pumping, I gotta get myself out of this mess!

Bono, will you hire me as your personal assistant? I'll be a good girl, I promise!

What are your thoughts? Should I just leave it all behind?

Im wondering if this year could possibly get any worse....

My only saving grace was this album.

"life's a bitch" and "shit happens" are perfectly coined expressions that make more sense than say "love thy neighbour" huh?

I can relate on many levels with your situation coz I'm on my last year of a course that I'm doing just for the sake of getting a degree and pleasing my parents who no doubt will rub in "all the money we spent on your education" bullshit if I quit or hadn't gone to uni.

The only investment in my own future that might ever have a chance of paying off is the weekly lotto.

The issue of destiny versus it's our life we control it is neither here nor there. IMHO it's too easy to say it's one of over the other. If it were only up to us than it would make us godlike and if it were just destiny it would make our existence futile. All I?m trying to say I guess life?s too fucking complicated for us to reason with - we gotta let ourselves go with the wind and dance naked with the trees or preferably go out evangelising this world in the ways of good (Irish) music

The problem I find is that we have to deal with other people. These other persons usually form part of mediocrity and to me are reminiscent of a mouldy crust of cheese. Backstabbing? Christ me back's holier than the pope! It's often people like your boss who cause people to become unbalanced and go on shooting sprees. You spoke of mojo - that's one solution! The dilbert (comic strip) site's great for a laugh about work and they also sell voodoo kits to use on your boss (sad but true).

If you're feeling vengeful but don't wanna get your hands dirty I don't live faraway from Sicily and If you got some money to spare I'm sure I could arrange something if a ya getting ma drift?
wink.gif

My only useful suggestion is to make sure your ex boss gives you a glowing reference. You got your degree, you got some experience and now that you have been ?freed? from your job you can make a decision without the pressures of necessity to follow a specific path to do what you really want even if it is finding another job in the same field as your last.

Also think of the good things in life like U2 playing live next year!

Oh yeah BTW if you?re ever depressed do NOT and I repeat do NOT listen to anything like ?the WALL? hell that screwed me up...

Sorry if I?m not very helpful I?m good at listening, dishing out advice on the other hand ain?t my forte

If I can take a stab...

It helps me to remember that life is only about living, that's it. Its not about going somewhere and getting somewhere and doing something and all that.

So do what makes you happy. Do what you WANT to, not what you think you need to. And through all caution to the wind! As long as you're doing what makes YOU feel right, then all the rest of the pieces will fall into place.

Its all easy for me to say, but then I've been trying it out now for a couple of years. And sure, I've job-hopped a lot, and I've pissed some people off, and there's even some people who might hate me, but damn, I've lived how I've wanted to, done what I've wanted to, and felt a whole lot more than if I'd stayed in the gut I was in.

Remember- there's a different between a rut and a groove. Get in the groove- get outta the rut. And rock-n-roll, doggy!

It sounds like what has happened is that you have been handed an opportunity! Go with me on this one...I've stayed in positions that I HATED because it was easier than making a change. Granted, you're being shoved into an opportunity but now you are in a position to decide what it is you really want to do at this point. It doesn't sound like to me that you were exactly thrilled with that job and that's not good! Where do you spend most of your time? At work. If you aren't happy about it or if you have doubts then it isn't for you. Fate decided to step in and make you see things a little bit differently. Losing a job is not fun and I think if you need to mope, do it but put a limit as to how long you will let yourself. ( I am a firm believer in allowing such indulgences, just not for a long time!) Then take some time and think about what kind of things you enjoy doing and find someone to pay you for it! And I agree with Frogbat- do not leave without getting that reference! You deserve and I am sure they will be happy to do so!

Back
Top Bottom