a little late night crap I forced onto the bluish interference.com webpage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
"blindness"

soon you will be alone
the things around you,
are no longer afraid.

what you cannot see
is written in her eyes
stones to throw

as she moves before you
your lost insight,
to the echoed blur

surrender it all,

the taste,
of frozen friction
and oblivion

whispers that linger
and sway,
off her lips, inside of you

in the drowning tv siren
lost thoughts resume their death

light crawls away
you close your eyes
to keep from following,

to shadow the flame...

the trance, the warm glow
a train at the end of the tunnel

her gaze staggers, remains
the only beautiful thing

you've trapped
in your soul

you wish
you had seen it

are you blind
to all this darkness?

~very messy, I changed this too many times, I built this around a few lines I had written yesterday that I liked when I went back and read them today, tried to make it into something evocative and intriguing here, but I didn't really accomplish it, this probably looks bleak, can't help it... too tired at 2:30 am to play with these lines anymore, bye.....

--------
"Say you write a song about a chandelier, and the chandelier gives off light. And the light is the color red and red reminds you of the color you're not supposed to wear around a bull. So you name the song Cow. It's real fucking simple, why don't you people get it???"
-Billy Corgan
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

the taste,
of frozen friction
and oblivion

what you cannot see
is written in her eyes
stones to throw

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 01-06-2002).]

How do seven or eight posts just disappear? This is really fucking with my mind.

Anyway, I like your poem and I won't assume it's autobiographical unless you say otherwise.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

what difference does it matter if something is autobiographical? it's somewhat autobiographical, but not really because I often imagine things that aren't there (like posts in this thread)

ACROB@T, huh? me and my piece? modesty doesn't suit me? why not? am I that much of an arrogant prick?
frown.gif

anyway, I just wanted to express some sort of feelings of being numb, and dettached, almost out-of-body, yet i think it turned into something like "you have a darker side that maybe no one wants to see or believe is there"

sorry about the strangeness of the thread, just one of those days...

thanks for the comments
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
what difference does it matter if something is autobiographical? it's somewhat autobiographical, but not really because I often imagine things that aren't there (like posts in this thread)

ACROB@T, huh? me and my piece? modesty doesn't suit me? why not? am I that much of an arrogant prick?
frown.gif

anyway, I just wanted to express some sort of feelings of being numb, and dettached, almost out-of-body, yet i think it turned into something like "you have a darker side that maybe no one wants to see or believe is there"

sorry about the strangeness of the thread, just one of those days...

thanks for the comments
smile.gif

I didn't say it made any difference. It was more of a backhanded comment on the previous poster than anything else.

Actually I could care less if it's autobiographical in any way.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

..modesty doesn't suit you because you've put down a poem you wrote that is far from a tame or half assed effort as you introduced it..I just find it difficult to believe that you posted this in the first place if you didn't see more merit within it than you've made out..maybe I'm reading too much into everything but you yourself made some unfair assumptions..

ok, well honestly I felt like it was a bit forced and I guess I just didnt really say what I wanted to say in it, it turned into something I've already expressed before many times, yes it contains some lines I like quite a bit, but I don't really like how it ends, it was a lazy ending; and a lot of my poems aren't really as autobiographical as people may think, so hence I may start writing about bricks and puppies to escape that trapping
smile.gif

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

what you cannot see
is written in her eyes
stones to throw

Those are some great lines...

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

lost thoughts resume their death

light crawls away
you close your eyes
to keep from following,

to shadow the flame...

you always say you have trouble writing things, i wish my stuff came out this way when i had problems

God, don't you love the self-censorship on here? Now even Mr Acrobat's original response has done a runner.

Which make all subsequent posts look a bit out of context, yes?

I deleted the first 7 post by Zooropamanda and The Wanderer around here, because I thought it would help getting more posts re. the actual poem instead of some other stuff

obviously I was wrong

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
I deleted the first 7 post by Zooropamanda and The Wanderer around here, because I thought it would help getting more posts re. the actual poem instead of some other stuff

obviously I was wrong

Oh, that's fair enough. I won't tell you how to do your job. Why not just put in some sort of note to that effect? (well, you've done that now, obviously) Here I was thinking people were deleting their own threads after the fact!

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Why not just put in some sort of note to that effect?
because that would have caused even more questions

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

..I?m comfortable with self-censorship since my reply was far to open to false interpretation which was my fault so yesterday I didn't intend to take this thread in another direction hence my personal edit..

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 01-07-2002).]

I think Salome did what he thought was best and I think everyone (accept for who's ever post was edited/deleted) should shut the hell up.

Back
Top Bottom