A crucifix and candlestick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

The Fly
I hear you speaking,
You talking about neglect.
What is that you say?
?isn?t that a Mir??
a Mir is a just a station falling down,
a thousand pieces to the ground?
Mirrors on the other hand,
They reflect!
?What you give is what you get?
if you?re talking ?bout the rhyme,
my poetry is ?bout respect.
So cut me a slice of that
Sugar cane pie;
I?m about to get Me some of that.
I thought it was all about
Protection, not rejection
From the start;
Now they?re telling me I?ve got
To rape the camel for some wine,
A crucifix and candlestick
Be all I need,
For when it comes to
Starting up the fire,
My baby?s got the fuel!
Now the entire jewel
Collection in your
Textbooks and yearbook
Reflections ain?t never
Gonna clear that?
I bet you hold the flame
Up to the page
Every time you' gets the rage,
I bet the only one to ever take
You up on all that?s
Just been said
Would be the one who taught
The seekers how to speak;
He be the same who
Asked you for some sympathy,
When all you saw was lunacy.
Now YOU know exactly who
I mean, repeat?

noW some of these here you've heard before, but i guess that is what happens when Hungry
thieves just happen to get the Best of you...

------------------
Verse Two: KRS-One

Cause don't nobody care about us, all they do is doubt us
Until we blow the spot then they all wanna crowd us
and wanna shout us, but you my man from way back
I just gots to say that, actin large I don't play that
But I can't say that, where I play at isn't fast-paced
A friend can acquire the taste to become two-faced
And that's a disgrace there ain't nothing you can say to us
When the kid you grew up with betrays your trust
When we used to ride the bus we had trust
Now we cash checks and drive Lex, and can't show respect to one of us
Yo the heads I hang with ain't tryin to just get
what they can get, sit quickly backstabbin the click
I roll thick, but only some are friends really
down to the end, my right hand men and women
Mutual support, from the beginning
Been in, exactly what I've been in

It's difficult to understand. What is it about? My only informed guess is that it's about the school shooting?

foray
confused.gif

------------------
"Please--tame me!" he said. "I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand." "One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox.

You know what the funniest thing is, it's really about alot of things. when i sat down and wrote this it was very late {early?} and my mind was just exploding with all these ideas. I'd just read the lyrics to KRS one's "I got next" which i guess explains the unconventional english. if i could bring it down to one thought, i guess it's all about faith and the lack there of in the world we live in. it's much easier to destroy than it is to create LOVE. i find it interesting that you thought about the school shooting, but notice that we may not be talking about the same school shooting yet the feelings are the same. The one thing that bugs me is that as soon as i finished writing it it seemed i'd alrady read it somewhere before, so maybe it's just my take on someone elses brilliantly painful LOVE poem to their sweetheart!!??

------------------
They say that what you mock Will surely vertake you And you become a monster So the monster will not break you
Bono

I thought it was all about
Protection, not rejection

I bet you hold the flame
Up to the page
Every time you' gets the rage,

He be the same who
Asked you for some sympathy,
When all you saw was lunacy

That's why I thought it was about the school shoootings. Because it seemed like it was about someone who was asking for sympathy and acceptance, but was misunderstood as lunatic or not taken seriously. The allusion to yearbooks and textbooks, too. And "Protection, not rejection"--was like how the schools/society are meant to protect and not reject.

foray

------------------
"Please--tame me!" he said. "I want to, very much," the little prince replied. "But I have not much time. I have friends to discover, and a great many things to understand." "One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox.

hmm, i like how you pieced different parts into coherent thoughts, thats something that sort of happened sub?con?scious?ly. My take on the final parts was actually about how we all seem to be stuck in school, still mates in the classroom. We protect, not reject that which we love; but in the end the only one we really have to answer to is "the one who taught the seekers how to speak"... The one up in the cross who we all thought was nuts for believing He was created by the One true con?scious?ness. Still we burn up another page in our own history.

Thank you for taking the time to break it down and rewrite it with your precious touch
smile.gif
foray beLIEve...

------------------
i blame myself for being too much like somebody else, never thought i would just bend this way
then a phone call made me realize i'm wrong...
---4am---

huh, you write beLIEve the way madamc does. are you she?

Did you read my poem on the school shootings?

foray

------------------

sorry, i am not madamc, not in this realm anyway... unfortunately i have not read your poem, i'll look for it and post a reply...
thanks for checking back in...
wink.gif

------------------
i blame myself for being too much like somebody else, never thought i would just bend this way
then a phone call made me realize i'm wrong...
---4am---

Back
Top Bottom