ZOOTV Confessionals (Random Facts... thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about to pour out some psychological musings, so brace yourself. I feel kind of weird posting this on the internet, but while I'm here, why not ask Dr. Interference?

For most of my life, I had anxiety problems. I felt all of my emotions very intensely: intense fear, happiness, calmness, whatever I was feeling, it was very strong. Now, I don't have chronic anxiety problems anymore, but I feel emotionally numb. I've been wondering for quite a while now if this is a sign of depression, emotional maturity, or some kind of empty void that used to be filled by anxiety? I'm going to be 30 next month and I can tell that I don't feel the same way about some things that I used to.

Anyway, there's that.
Happy birthday last month...
So this happened to me too. About the same age (I'm 38 now). So I withdrew all my savings and went backpacking around Europe for 7 months. The idea was to remove myself from all that HAD been normal, all the expected versions of 'me', and spend some time without any expectations of who I am. And see what I become.
I wonder if it's a thing high anxiety people go through, where you spend all your adult life to a certain point pouring huge energy into anxiety limitation maneuvers, then when you get a little more comfortable in your skin you notic the lack of highs and lows that come with the constant battling.

Fwiw, the backpacking vagabond thing worked a treat, then I got home, returned to the same old job, and fucked up all my progress.

Anyway. Hope you're good.

Also, re vaginas. And bats. I've seen stuffed bats close up. And photos. And videos. But never with mangled faces.
I presume if a bat had a mangled face its teeth would be there somewhere. Being teethy.
So re the comparison, you may be confronting some fairly unique vaginas.

Nevertheless, great line. I'm going to use it.

Yes lol [emoji14]

I remember having the pic up on my university's writing center website while working there. hmmm....

Ha! I think we may have vastly different operating definitions of the word, "famous" ;p
At least you're under "hotness realization". Even though the rest isn't as flattering.

Can you post comments there? You should do it.

Can you post comments there? You should do it.
Naaahh... I mean, I'm not really offended by the post. Just find it so weird to see my face used by a (presumed) stranger hahha
A friend of yours posted a comment, said the pic was you. In 2014.
Yeah! I mentioned this to her, and she has no idea who it is either lol

Not if they were some murdering psychopath or even garden variety obsessive person. I know you were only kidding, but no that wouldn't be fun.
Well, more like "half-kidding" [emoji14]
Obviously, my ideal stalker would be less "murdering psychopath," and more of the latter--nothing egregiously offensive (e.g. spying on me whilst bathing), but I could possibly settle with some light creeping (e.g. constantly interacting with all my social media activity; casually display specific and detailed knowledge of events from my past w/o officially "knowing" me). I dunno, it could be interesting for about a week or 2, but after that they'd have to stop (if I can choose the degree of stalking, then I can also choose its duration :p).

Last edited:
I've yet to read those books/ see the movies (I say that like it's on my "to-do list" or something lol), but maybe? Maybe less of the gray and more, I dunno, beige or something [emoji14]

I've yet to read those books/ see the movies (I say that like it's on my "to-do list" or something lol), but maybe? Maybe less of the gray and more, I dunno, beige or something [emoji14]

I've never read any of the books, but I started the original movie once because it was free on Amazon. I made it through about an hour and just said this shit is ridiculous. It wasn't even the explicit stuff (and yeah some of that is cringeworthy), It's the hammy acting and awful dialogue.

Happy birthday last month...
So this happened to me too. About the same age (I'm 38 now). So I withdrew all my savings and went backpacking around Europe for 7 months. The idea was to remove myself from all that HAD been normal, all the expected versions of 'me', and spend some time without any expectations of who I am. And see what I become.
I wonder if it's a thing high anxiety people go through, where you spend all your adult life to a certain point pouring huge energy into anxiety limitation maneuvers, then when you get a little more comfortable in your skin you notic the lack of highs and lows that come with the constant battling.

Fwiw, the backpacking vagabond thing worked a treat, then I got home, returned to the same old job, and fucked up all my progress.

Anyway. Hope you're good.

I totally forgot I even posted in here. I think you’re right about what happens when you don’t have to battle anxiety anymore. I’ve found that as long as I stay busy, I don’t have all of this built-up mental energy that usually ends up being spent on anxious thoughts. Although, I have had some OCD symptoms lately, like worrying about if I forgot to do something important as I drive away from work. I’ve ended up going back twice to check on things in the last few weeks, which made me feel like a crazy person. It’s like anxiety is still there, just taking different forms sometimes. :|

I'm watching CBS Sunday Morning, love that show. Brandon Flowers is seriously adorable. I already knew that...but the way he was in that interview was just too much. ? He talked about how he called Bono when he had writer's block and said have all the songs been written. Bono said that's a great title for a song. Voila. He's very cute.

Back
Top Bottom