Your Turn ONS for the opposite sex/gender of choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_gal said:
gah....what a thread :drool:

Even though I'm hating love at the minute I'll give you my lot!

Okay for me it's....

-Nice eyes
-Nice smile
-attentive and supportive when you need your man the most
-Good kisser :drool:
-Someone who can make you laugh at the time in your life all you want to do is cry.
-Big strong arms that won't ver let you go :drool:
-Someone that makes you feel special
-knowing that your speacial someone is yours and only yours.

excellent choices :up: :up:

Last edited:
For Honor said:
Okay - 2 for today. I was lucky, because I got both!

#1 - when someone walks into a room, or you do, and your eyes meet, and you get a very sudden tingle. A bit of a jump. It can be in the dreamy way, but today, it was the more... carnal way. Even if you just hold eye contact for a second or so, it is quite a turn on, in my opinion

#2 - I guess this is a guy thing, but I always enjoy it - picking a woman up. Even if it's a hug and you 'elevate' her, or you just pick up a girl. I don't know, I guess that too is a sort of primal thing, but I do enjoy it greatly. Always makes me think about, well... heh... :yes:
I know some women abhor that, some really hate it, so I am careful about it. But if I find one that doesn't mind it ..... :macdevil: :macdevil: :macdevil:

I would loved to be picked up:cute: It has been awhile too:eyebrow: I want someone with very stong arms and nice hands to pick me up!!Does anyone have Adam Claytons number?:flirt:

bono_gal said:

They're the opposite of what I'm going through now though :sigh:

what do you mean?

edit - oh... I think i get it now.
Well, I say that everyone should have an ideal to look for in someone. Don't be afraid to seek it. And don't be afraid to seek what you want out of a relationship!

Last edited:
God bless you For Honor. You're an old fashioned type like me. :wink:

Here's what I like in a woman.

.Kindness

.Not all "girl power movement" obessed all the time.

.Not obsessed with going around the bases if you know what I mean. Take it slow.

.Long hair is hot! :combust: I don't want my woman looking like a man. :lol:

Not too thin or too fat, though Big Girls Are Best.
:wink: Really though, just a perfect mix.

Not too muscular. Muscles on a woman look....:huh:

Wants to spend time with me.

Keeps her word.

Has belief in God.

I want a girlfriend. :sad:

I guess I wasn't quite done. The things below are just what I'd PREFER, not necessarily what I need in a girl.

Has to like music. That's a must. The taste in music is an entirely different issue. :ohmy:

For eyes...I guess I prefer brown or green...My eyes are a dark blue-green-grey. I really am not all that picky though.

Cares more about others than how she looks at the moment.

Is a guitar lover. :drool:

I like southern girls and Georgia peaches. :combust:

Crazed vegetarians scare me. "You know, they had to mercilessly kill that plant you're eating honey." :lol:

Isn't afraid of the sun; NO GOTHS. EVER. Moodiness is OK, but I prefer a relaxed, nice girl over an uptight neatfreak or depressed person.

Likes precipitation; rain and snow.

Can just stay at home and hang out without constantly having to be busy.

And there's probably more.

Once again I say....

:sigh: I want a girlfriend...:(

i compiled a list similar to what is on here, of things i'd ideally like a woman (but by no means demand), just so i'd know where i stand and what my thoughts on the issue are, and my friend thats a girl got so mad at me and said that its horrible to write a list like that, and arrogent, etc.

nothing on the list is out of the ordinary either, just small things like hair color, that lil nose ring, tanned, sence of humor, etc.

i couldnt understand her reaction at all, expecially after i explain it to her, that its not what i'm holding out for, but just my drempt up dream woman. i mean, what wrong with that, right?

marik said:
i compiled a list similar to what is on here, of things i'd ideally like a woman (but by no means demand), just so i'd know where i stand and what my thoughts on the issue are, and my friend thats a girl got so mad at me and said that its horrible to write a list like that, and arrogent, etc.

nothing on the list is out of the ordinary either, just small things like hair color, that lil nose ring, tanned, sence of humor, etc.

i couldnt understand her reaction at all, expecially after i explain it to her, that its not what i'm holding out for, but just my drempt up dream woman. i mean, what wrong with that, right?

Nothing at all, it is ok to have a "type" of woman or man that you are atractted too.Your friend may be put off by the things you said because in her eyes it may be unrealistic to her or perhaps she could not measure up to these things that you want She may have felt insecure about herself, if you get my point:hmm: But , I do feel strongly about sticking to what you like and what makes you happy beacuse if you "settle" then, I feel you will never be truly happy, at leat that is the way I feel, perhaps I am wrong and missed out on my true love because maybe he wasn't "totally" what I was looking for.:sigh:

Carmelu2fan said:
:hmm: But , I do feel strongly about sticking to what you like and what makes you happy beacuse if you "settle" then, I feel you will never be truly happy, at leat that is the way I feel

:up: :rockon:
I implore everyone to do the same

I have witnessed the destruction of someone because they choose the easy way out, and severely compromised who they were. It is not a pretty sight, and once you corrupt your value system, it is easier and easier to start slipping. Kind of a snowball effect.

I understand that you have to keep an open mind, and be willing to compromise certain parts, but that is For The Sake Of The Relationship. You do not want to compromise Your Own Values/Standards, the core, essential ones. Because once you do that...
....you are lieing about who you are, and if you are not being your authentic self, then you can never have an authentic, meaningful relationship.

That is just my opinion.....
But............
......I've got my reasons. And until I see evidence, with my own eyes, like I have seen what i describe above, then this will be my position on "relationships"...

edit - I don't mean to be so serious like that, but I've got my reasons, as I said... And it doesn't always turn out to be something horrible, but just make sure you don't loose who you are in a relationship. Your definition should grow because of a relationship, and not shrink inside of one.

Last edited:
To:FOR HONOR- DO you really think that is a good way of thinking???? I always get mixed answers when it comes to that. Some folks say " you will never find a person that is completley what you want, so you should be happy with someone who is at least close to being complete.....:confused: :sigh:

It is easy to take what I say the wrong way.
But also, not everyone has to agree with me.

If you change who you are, and start running around for the other person all the time, then it's not really a relationship.

But you are right in that no one will ever be "exactly what you want", so to say. I take that for granted. But take that statement and think about it this way - not everyone is meant for you, either.

Some people get along a lot better than others, personality types, interests, etc.

( but really.............
Keeping in mind all that has been said, I believe any two people can fall in love. I know that a lot of what I say is contradictory, however, I know what I mean when I say it, and if you really want me to, I'll explain "my opinion" about things, lol. But it's just my opinion, really).

But you can't loose your values.
What I mean is
say, and this is an example I have seen first hand,............
(extreme scenerio, but a very real one. Too real, and too close to home, too)

A relative of mine has spent my whole life preaching to me about drugs, and how I should not get involved with them. I've known him for my whole life, really, so he's been a good friend, you could say. But...

long story short, he got divorced, and began to move on to a new life, so to say. The problem was, he started accepting less, as in, a lower standard of character, with the people he had relationships with. It got worse over time, and he just wanted company.

Essentially, we're good friends, so I know all about it. We've had many conversations, and I've seen it firsthand, too. But now he has a girlfriend who is a "recovering" drug addict, and it's kind of the ultimate bad example.

People change overtime
But make sure you don't ...corrupt...
And yeah, this is a more extreme case, but it can happen. So it's important to be careful about who you hang out with, and who you are in relationships with. It's best to stay away from bad habbits, etc...

That is basically what I m eant.

Not that......

You should only be in a relationship with someone that you like in everyway, a perfect person. Have your ideals, and know what you want, but be open to growth. ...

I guess I should stop my lecture...

I see what you are saying:yes: I should have my limits on what I could and could'nt live with...example a great wonderful man only prob a alcoholic. I would not be able to tolorate that knowing what my mom went through with my dad. Thank you ForHonor, you are the only one who has made since out of this for me:up:

--I'm glad I caught myself, I was going to write more of a lecture :der: --

Carmelu2fan, I'm glad that I helped you understand some things. As I said, those are just my thoughts about things, but there ... hmm... thoughts that I have "put a lot of thought" into, I suppose. Hahaha.

I suppose I should get back to writing turn ons.
But it's been a sort of odd week :der: :huh: :eyebrow: so I guess I have nothing to say at the moment.

Well...... I guess there is one. Just a small one, for now.

Even though it's kind of typical, I guess it is oddly intriguing - the "hair flip", or hand through her hair, or things like that. Once again, some women are really good at it. Some, but not all. When properly executed, though, it does have an effect. (hahaha, I make it sound like a weapon). At close range, it can have a stronger effect, and especially when combined with a smile or other... techniques...

lol - weapons of mass seduction :yes:

Ah, and I am reminded of another one.
I guess everyone is different, different levels of contact. But I am one of those people who enjoys more, rather than less. So for me, I've already mentioned that I like hugs, but even little things. I suppose even playing footsie is ... at least a little intriguing. And then... there are massages, both giving and receiving. I know, that is also kind of typical. But it's still worth mentioning. Especially those times when you have to, well, get into a better position in order to do it right, that's when things really get interesting :macdevil: heh.....

It's been a while.......

I stilll haven't found the words to express this one. I can only think of two words, that, to me, convey a broad, vague representation of the idea that is in my mind.

it's one of the most effective turn ons for me, in reality. But I can't seem to say just what it is:huh: ...........

but this is as close as I can get right now:

:heart: :heart: warmth and :love: :love: tenderness :love: :love: :heart: :heart:

It sounds cliche, but I can't define it, what it is, this concept in my head that I can feel. I guess a feeling is much more easy to recognize than a thought, but perhaps much, much harder to convey, sometimes.

Last edited:
Ah....... now, here is a surefire turn on for me:

After a medium to quick hug......
she pulls me back because we're not done.

:drool:

heh heh heh :macdevil:

I guess that plays on my marked tendancy for seeking an abuncance of something. I despise artificial stimulants, like drugs... but the real stuff, the real good stuff, like hugs, I suppose I seek to get an overdose of those.

OH MY GOD!

I.... I've got it!!!!!

I just figured out my new motto!

wow, this is a day to remember :D

\|/
.|.
.|.
.|.
\|/

For Honor said:
Especially since this post was in ZC........

I confess that I can be seduced by the smell of cinnamon.

A girl could just throw some of that in her hair or something, or whatever, and walk by me, and I'd be hooked.......

and I can't even imagine cinnamon on her lips or anything like that....

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I just foundout the max # of smilies was 10..........
I would post a whole lot more than that if I could.......

this is all from that "cinnamon bagle" post or whatever.....

but, I realize..... it is true........

I...........

.........I discovered this because of an air freshener, reallly. It was a mix of cinnamon and just a little of something else, but....... but I realize my cinnamon addiction has gotten really bad....

I guess I am sensative to scents......

But now my mouth is watering thinking about kissing cinnamon lips....

Ah yes!!!:drool: Smells can ignite feelings of pleasure!!! I can smell certian things and it makes me think of a place or a person.

Integrity, sense of wonder , innocence, poetic, dreamer , strong person, social conciance
Is it possible to find that combination): or am i taliking about Bono and there is no real person like that:shrug:

girlhappy said:
sense of wonder

Sense of Wonder is a huge turn on. I love it when people are amazed by the simplest things. I am all the time and most times when i talk about them people react to me like I'm small minded and shit. In fact most people respnd with the useual "Whatever" remark accompinied with a lok that sys you're an idiot. I hate that becasue I know they're thinking the same things and if they aren't then they just don't seem interesting to me. Since when does growing up mean not being a kid. It's a total turn on when people get excited over small things. And I mean excited in a positive way. I mentioned a girl in the "I've never been in love" thread and she was like this. She always seemed so filled with this wide eyed excitement for the world. I loved it.

I totally agree with you, Hallucination. I tend to do that myself, I can be amazed by something as simple as the color of the clouds on a certain day or something, and others are like, "Eh, so what?" A sense of wonder just shows that you don't like taking things for granted, you're willing to stop and smell the roses. It's definitely a nice quality.

Angela

Does anyone else sometimes get sort of...... more sensative... when they are not feeling so well? I know that is kind of an odd statement, but I'm sort of under the weather - nothing serious, just sort off... not feeling well (maybe a slight fever) - , and kind of limited to my bed for now, or similar.

But... ........ .....:uhoh: :shifty:

Just wondering if anyone else was that way, or if I'm just odd.

:hmm:

For Honor said:
Does anyone else sometimes get sort of...... more sensative... when they are not feeling so well? I know that is kind of an odd statement, but I'm sort of under the weather - nothing serious, just sort off... not feeling well (maybe a slight fever) - , and kind of limited to my bed for now, or similar.

But... ........ .....:uhoh: :shifty:

Just wondering if anyone else was that way, or if I'm just odd.

:hmm:

Yeah, you're just odd...kidding:wink:

No, that's normal to feel that way. When I get a cold, I get even more goofy than normal...and do strange things like pick my pets up and make them dance on the couch. They probably hate me, but they always come back for more:)

Hope you feel better soon!

Back
Top Bottom