Your turn-offs in opposite sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:

Yea, seriously, I heard that somewhere, that the genetic code of a human male is more similar to the genetic code of a male chimp then it is to a human female.

Infinitum98 said:

Girls that need to go to the extreme to try and prove not only that they are equal to men, but that they are the same. Like those women who walk around with no bra and don't shave their armpits. Or those women who think that they wouldn't want the man to take control of the situation when it comes to dating, (yet women do want a man to take control, don't they?). Or those women who try to change every minor detail to make everything seem equal; like when they change "fireman" to "firefighter." I mean cmon, it's pointless!

haha.... I had a teacher like that in college, she is the smartest person i've ever met and she is a great person, in spanish we use the male nouns as the general nouns but she always includes female nouns to be against the "chauvinism" in spanish (for example she says "niños y niñas" (boys and girls) instead of just "niños" (children - "male" kids)

in the annual theacher's evaluation (by the students) guys always write that she must wear a bra :lmao: . Some people said that she was a lesbian, cuz she wears baggy clothes and she doesn't wear any makeup and she has very short heart, she is straight (i know her and she likes to talk about guys and she has a bf).

Got Philk? said:
I can't stand a woman who has no personality of her own. I hate when a person you know changes their entire life based on what a man wants of them. Frustrating.

I also do not like very skinny women. Give me a little sumthin sumthin on them bones. :wink:

Big girls are best?

First, let me say I know many strong independant women, and I do not have a problem with that.

Then secondly..... :wink:

I think I like "clingy girls"... All my life I have been around strong independant women, and that is not a bad thing. But I think as far as I'm concerned, it has to be someone I can spend time with.

Do stuff with, you know.

That is very important to me, and it implies and conveys many things in addition (like how well you get along when it comes to doing things together, obviously). Do I seek for a lady who will change her entire life for me? No way. But if someone is willing to do change for me, or that is how she shows she cares or something like that, then I will definitley respect that sort of thing. I for one am a person who has had a sufficient amount of distance already, and less is best for me, at least at this time.

Women who don't like to be touched at all.

I can respect it if someone is agitated, but I couldn't stand someone who dislikes hugs or things like that. I realize now I'm a physical person, though most of my life that has been restricted because a lot of the women in my life have issues with contact.

For Honor said:
Women who don't like to be touched at all.

I can respect it if someone is agitated, but I couldn't stand someone who dislikes hugs or things like that. I realize now I'm a physical person, though most of my life that has been restricted because a lot of the women in my life have issues with contact.

There are people who don't like hugs? I :love: hugs. And my feet being rubbed. And.....

another turn-off

- too girly...expecting guys to do things just because they are girl..throw girly tantrums.. crying at everything ..talking too much..being possesive... where are you..why are you ..where were you at 2 pm...calling on mobiles unnecessarily just to check where you are...suspicious...girly suspicious - i meant...

I mean thats all the rubbish I see with all my friends who have girlfriends.

beli said:

There are people who don't like hugs? I :love: hugs.

i guess it all depends on who's doing the hugging. if i don't like you all that much, or i don't know you well, you damn well better not try to touch the merchandise.

:wink:

beli said:

Sorry, no can do. This is the Turn OFF thread. :wink:

:no: .....oh well........ :hyper: :D

Anyhow, I respect people's personal space, and I'm not actually someone who can go around hugging strangers, because I know very well that sometimes you can simply press the wrong button. Honestly, I don't think you can give or receive a proper hug if you don't know anything about someone. But there has to be at least a willingness to hug at some level, even if it is after knowing the person for a long time. But if that huging capacity is not there, well, I just don't think it would work out.

Last edited:
Someone who thinks an ideal way to pass time is to get high, stoned, smashed, or otherwise semi-incapacitated by the overuse/misuse of a substance.

For me, my joy comes in the real world. I don't mind letting loose like that every now and then, but someone who does that sort of thing a lot is definitrly not on my list

I have seen too many episodes involving drugs in my day, and my tolerance for it is through the floor, down the stairs, and underneath the basement going through the bedrock of the earth and slowly into the outer core. Just too much of it. And that is one thing I won't compromise.

My No Drug Policy is pretty much zero tolerance, now that I think of it...

Well, you'd think I'd have very few turn-offs considering the guy I'm (sorta) with now I've been with for eight years and has so many turn-off qualities that any guy would seem ideal, but no. My guy has a big beer gut and yes, sometimes it turns me off, but I'm kind of used to it. He isn't the most hygenic--showering once or twice a week (it totally bugs me but what can I do? Force him?) He makes a mess of the toilet bowl rim (other guys might relate, but eww, gross!)
So, basically, if this relationship ends completely then hopefully the next guy I'm with is the opposite-- showers at least daily, cleans his toilet, is in better shape, etc...
I always rationalize however, that I'm far from perfect so if he accepts my flaws, I have to accept his... :shrug:

In addition: Because I now think about potential "other" men in my life and I'm a single parent with two kids, I always worry if the guy will be able to accept me and my kids and our lifestyle.
For example, we're not "clean" freaks--in fact we're almost slobs which bugs me but I'm not willing to scrub and toil every day!
I can be lazy. I don't want to do my dishes after every meal. I let them pile up until I can't stand them anymore, then I do them. I'm a home body so no Mr. Sociable for me. An occasional movie or dinner or miniature golf is fine, but not every weekend or whatever, and forget big groups of people--I'm introverted.
I consider myself hygienic, but I can't afford manicures and expensive salon treatments, etc. nor can I afford great clothes. Plus I'm a student...
Okay, don't know why I'm laying this all out here... Maybe I need to hear myself say it.
Anyhoo, that's my two cents (or more like two dollars).

For me....see the U2 Bashers thread :wink: that was a joke.

But seriously Smoking/Drugs, Thats a usural answer I know, But thats my big turn off.....

HUGE TURNOFF:

-Girls who are not Andrea Corr :wink: (although if you're readin this andie, i love you, marry me)

Turn offs, turn offs, turn offs....Too much focus on the 'off' and not on the 'on'!

BUT! Since we are talking turn offs....I'd have to say game playing. I mean really, if you just want to sleep with me, just say it! I can respect someone who's upfront about what they want.
Let's see..what else? Momma's boys. Cut the cord dammit. :D
I'll have to think of some more....

Emotionally needy...now there's a big turn off. To be attracted to someone requires respect, and I can't respect someone who's emotionally needy; the sentiment I have with them is pity.

Back
Top Bottom