You never know when it will be the last *fill in the blank*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
My sister-in-law Gretchen and her fiancee Joey came up to see my office last night, I was trying to convince them to adopt one of our adult kitties. Louie the cat tried his darndest to charm them, and Gretchen would have taken him, but Joey was sidetracked by our itty-bitty kittens on display out front. I gave them a hard time about going for the cute babies that would be little for all of 5 minutes, but they left on a pretty good note - adopting a cat is not an option for several months until they have their own place after they get married in April (neither of their apartments allows cats).

Karl calls me a little bit ago and says, "My sister and Joey just called to say they survived a roll-over accident." :crazy:

Thank God they are ok, some guy cut them off and Joey swerved toward the shoulder to avoid him - hit the gravel and turned 180 in one direction, 180 in the other, then flipped down the embankment into a ditch. Car stopped with them hanging upside down hanging from their seatbelts - and they amazingly walked away. They had just missed hitting an overpass by a few feet and would almost certainly be dead if they had hit that. They both walked away a bit sore but seem to be ok. I'm trying to convince them to go to the hospital to get checked out just in case. The car is completely totaled, the cops can't believe they are not even scratched - Gretchen said both cops seemed a bit young, and were all "Dude, what was it like? We haven't dealt with any accident victims yet that survived a roll-over!" At least they both like roller coasters, she said that's what it was like but 100 times scarier.

I'm just feeling guilty about hassling them last night but relieved at the same time - last night could have been the last time I ever talked to either of them - you just never know :no: Glad we had parted on a lighter note...

Oh, I'm so glad they are Ok, too. That must have been a real shocker for you (and them, of course!).

Thanks guys, I just talked to them again and they won't go to the hospital :mad: But Joey's dad is a DO and he doesn't think it is absolutely necessary so of course they listen to the 'doctor' over the 'vet' :rolleyes:

;)

Last edited:
That is so scary :( I'm glad they're ok. Dont feel bad about anything you said to them, I would have done the same :hug:

Wow that gave me flashbacks to my roll-over accident :crack:

Great to hear that they are ok! Out of curiosity... the person who cut him off, did they stop once they saw what happened? Don't worry about what you said or didn't say. They know.

I've had a coupel crazy accidents in my day ( none my fault)...it's always best to go get checked out, The human body is an amazing thing, but it's also very good at masking potenitaly dangerous injuries sometimes too.

^^That's what I told them, that adrenaline rush can hide things pretty well...

I don't know if the guy that cut them off knew what happened or not, they kept going and no one got a license plate. Some cops might have been jerks and charged them w/ reckless driving since there was no proof of another vehicle being involved, but they didn't get ticketed for anything :up:

My cousin "walked" away from an accident with a semi truck a few years ago. She was walking when she finally decided to go ahead and go to the hospital, just to make sure.

.... Her neck was broken!!!!! She had surgery, but sadly is in a wheelchair now, but thank goodness she went ahead to the hospital that day because if she'd gone home and layed down and turned her head wrong, she might not be here today.

I'm glad they are okay, but they really should be checked out at the hospital.

bonosloveslave said:
^^
Some cops might have been jerks and charged them w/ reckless driving since there was no proof of another vehicle being involved, but they didn't get ticketed for anything :up:

Lucky I wasn't working!!! :lol: (laughter is the best medicine..)

glad they're ok! :up:

Back
Top Bottom