You know what really grinds my gears...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
My school's homecoming dance is coming up soon, and I finally worked up the confidence to ask this really awesome girl to go with me. During lunch, I pulled her aside to ask her and she respectfully shot me down. She's going with a group of people and didn't plan on going with a guy and said she'd hang out with me there, which is disappointing, but she was considerate of my feelings and it was totally cool. No bad blood there.

But her fucking dumbass friend starts laughing about it when the girl gets back to the table and I'm within earshot and walking the "walk of shame" back to my lunch table. That just murdered the rest of the day for me. Not only did Dumbass Girl make me feel like shit, but made Awesome Girl I Asked feel guilty for saying no.

I don't know, it's not that big of a deal, I just needed to get that out. It's been buggin' me all day.

Maybe I'll hook up with her at the dance, who knows, as long as Dumbass Girl kisses my ass while I'm doing it.

I know it's not much consolation now, but when you go to your 10 year high school reunion (or do what I did and apologize profusely enough for not being able to go so that people still send you all the pictures), you'll be delighted to see that 10 years have not been kind to Dumbass and the others in her dumbass pack.

I can't even begin to explain how delighted I was to see that all the bitchy girls who were mean to me in high school had either gotten fat or looked like they were 35 or 40. And that a few of the really nice girls who were sort of ugly ducklings in high school now look smashing.

Dumbass laughed because deep down she's insecure and wants to feel like she's better than somebody. I'm sorry that it had to be at your expense. It sounds like awesome girl was very considerate to you, and that shows that you asked the right girl. It sounds like you'll still get to spend time with her, and maybe without the pressure of being one another's dates you'll actually have more fun.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Dumbass laughed because deep down she's insecure and wants to feel like she's better than somebody. I'm sorry that it had to be at your expense. It sounds like awesome girl was very considerate to you, and that shows that you asked the right girl. It sounds like you'll still get to spend time with her, and maybe without the pressure of being one another's dates you'll actually have more fun.

I'm hoping that's the case. Yeah, definitely see Dumbass Girl not faring too well after high school, after mommy and daddy stop catering to her every whim.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Ouch, that hurt. Even just reading about it hurt. :(

But awesome girl sounds good, so I think you did well there. :up:

kafrun said:
High school :yuck:

You know, it's funny. You never realize until you actually do get out of high school that what everyone says about it is true. "I wish I hand't cared so much about the small stuff in high school."

I swear, man. Be happy and content with yourself and no one will ever make you feel bad.

And while you're in HS, don't sweat the small stuff. I swear when you get out of there you'll realize the world is a bigger place than your HS campus. :wink:

chicks can be such biatches, im sure a sweetie like you will hook up at the dance and dumbass can be a wall flower for the night, or alternatively hopefully she will end up drunk and throw up on herself.

:hug:

Dude, once "Smooth Criminal" comes on and you totally rock the floor, she's gonna be all over your shit. And then you just back her off and continue - you can't be interrupted during Smooth Criminal - then we'll see who's posting sad songs in Zoo Confessionals. And in her yearbook you can write: "lol, pwnd". You win. You gotta think big picture, LemonMac. big Picture. :hi5:

BrownEyedBoy said:

You know, it's funny. You never realize until you actually do get out of high school that what everyone says about it is true. "I wish I hand't cared so much about the small stuff in high school."

I swear, man. Be happy and content with yourself and no one will ever make you feel bad.

And while you're in HS, don't sweat the small stuff. I swear when you get out of there you'll realize the world is a bigger place than your HS campus. :wink:
So true, but when you're in high school you're experiencing all these things for the first time, so it all seems so much bigger than it really is. In reality it's all so small :yes:

Or you know, just go with Beav's plan - dance off :rockon:

UberBeaver said:
Dude, once "Smooth Criminal" comes on and you totally rock the floor, she's gonna be all over your shit. And then you just back her off and continue - you can't be interrupted during Smooth Criminal - then we'll see who's posting sad songs in Zoo Confessionals. And in her yearbook you can write: "lol, pwnd". You win. You gotta think big picture, LemonMac. big Picture. :hi5:

You know me too well. Except I thought it would be to "Thriller."

LemonMacPhisto said:

You know me too well. Except I thought it would be to "Thriller."

Thriller is hot, no doubt, but I think if you're just going for the "in your face" effect, Smooth Criminal is the place to be - Billie Jean is not far behind - but if Thriller works for you, God bless. I prefer SC cause it gets real quiet at times and you can yell things out during those lulls, let her know what's up, you know? Thriller doesn't really give you that opportunity. And the whole Vincent Price voice over is just weird. Unless, of course, this is a Halloween Dance.

From what you wrote, you may be witnessing the “best” years of Dumbass’s life. Girls with charming personalities like hers get put in their place pretty quick in college and the real world. You’ll go far beyond her. From all the stories I’ve heard about high school I’m happy I skipped over it.

Billie Jean by all means, Thriller is OK but BJ is best

UberBeaver said:

Thriller is hot, no doubt, but I think if you're just going for the "in your face" effect, Smooth Criminal is the place to be - Billie Jean is not far behind - but if Thriller works for you, God bless. I prefer SC cause it gets real quiet at times and you can yell things out during those lulls, let her know what's up, you know? Thriller doesn't really give you that opportunity. And the whole Vincent Price voice over is just weird. Unless, of course, this is a Halloween Dance.

This is true. I could do the lean by her, almost coaxing her to me with my manliness, but then cold shoulder and finish breaking down the song.

The voice-over bit is the coolest, yet most awkward bit of Thriller.

Yes, BJ is best.

4403578.jpg

:up:

Awesome Girl I Asked is in "I don't know how to react to you" mode. So that's nice.

Beav, stop making me laugh in class.

Lemon, sounds like where I am with a guy. I hate waiting for some sort of more definitive feelings to be expressed, either way, but alas. At least people are more mature about these things after high school, mostly-sorta. (Then, I go to a very small college and sometimes in this environment we regress to middle school...with alcohol...not so good...like that a mutual friend of ours who my Awesome Guy doesn't know I know is going to tell me what Awesome Guy says about me next time they chat...that is middle school. OK I'll stop hijacking your thread.) Hope it goes well for you.

And I also vote for Billy Jean.

Hey. Varitek - focus on the Angels for now, k? Unless Awesome Guy is Curt Shilling you can't be bothered for a while. Cool?

Billie Jean is better overall, but if you're just pwning some chick that sorta shot you down, you want to go with Smooth Criminal. Billie Jean is what you play when she accuses you being her baby-daddy. LemonMac hasn't gotten that far yet - and if he doesn't breakdown Smooth Criminal, we may never get to hear about the paternity suit. Come on, man! Get to it!

UberBeaver said:
Hey. Varitek - focus on the Angels for now, k? Unless Awesome Guy is Curt Shilling you can't be bothered for a while. Cool?

Billie Jean is better overall, but if you're just pwning some chick that sorta shot you down, you want to go with Smooth Criminal. Billie Jean is what you play when she accuses you being her baby-daddy. LemonMac hasn't gotten that far yet - and if he doesn't breakdown Smooth Criminal, we may never get to hear about the paternity suit. Come on, man! Get to it!

LemonMac is my baby daddy.:shifty:

He better start returning my calls.:waiting:

Last edited:
Awesome Girl has been downgraded to Immature Girl Who Doesn't Know How to Deal with People... in less than a week. That's progress.

Back
Top Bottom