You know, It doesn<t matter how many times you have been dumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
It still hurts just the same. :sigh: You'd think you'd learn, but you don't.
I myself have a hard time getting over the disapointment of someone you trusted and cared for turning into a cold hearted jerk. Sounds bitter I know........ but I am not. He really said and did a lot of hurtful things last week and now has 'disappeared'. Last I saw him he kissed me goodbye. Little did I know he would never call again. You know what's the best part? We work together. He is usually out of the office, but still. I wonder how long he will manage to avoid me. So far... 6 days and counting. The really crappy part is nothing bad happened. We never fought, argued nothing. We were just two people who want and need different things from a relationship. So for him to be a total hurtful jerk... making me hate him, really really sucks.

:| I haven't posted in months and this is my first post back. yay me.

And actually to add... I gave him two opportunities last week to get out if that was what he wanted. I was ok with it. I could tell he was not on the same wavelength as me anymore in regards to us and he answered both times (and after a lengthy conversation) 'everything is fine.'

*Apparently not

Angel :hug:

I'm trying to get over the same thing too... He hurt me a lot too and we never fought either... he just said that I have many problems to solve and he left me just when I needed him the most... I feel even more insecure about myself.

Now is hard because I have to see him in classes and I hate that he treats me like nothing happened, maybe he is with another girl now and he doesn't tell me because he's afraid of my reaction...

Last edited:
:hug: oh sweetie. i had no idea you were going through tough times. last e-mail we exchanged you seemed very happy. email me when you get a chance. looks like I NEED to make that trip to Montreal soon. hang in there! here is another hug. :hug:

You can write me so I can give you the man's side of this...in all fairness, he may be going through something all of we mens' have done... :(

Though it REALLY hurts right now, this may lead to opening new doors with him or someone else...what if...what if....the two of you were really going strong but next week, a new guy catches your eye???? You're thinking, how do I (fill in the blank) without hurting (name here)?????

You're young, beautiful (BAW's shown me your photo) and you have the world ahead of you... listen to the other 'landers; we're here to help! :) Mr. BAW

You guys rock. Thx :hug: We actually talked tonight. It's over but it was nice to have closure. Real, mature, we do not hate eachother closure. It is the first time in my life I have been granted this. Thank god....... :sigh:

Break ups are hard, but if there is one thing I have learned with age is that there is no use mourning over someone or hating someone because you are not the right person for them. C'est la vie. It happens. I guess I am finally secure enough to know that hey- I am great, someone someday hopefully will see that and appreciate me as I need to be appreciated. The hard part is when something that was good for awhile ends nastily for no reason other than the person ending it is a coward..... dragging you through the muck like that makes you feel like you were never anything to them and that is awful and not fair. That is the emotions I have been dealing with this week.

Anyway..... we talked tonight, there was a little confusion over who did the 'disapearing', but at the end of the night we are not right for eachother. We want different things. God I was so mature. He said he is not ready, and I said "no, if you are with the right person, you are ready. I am not the right person for you." He agreed. You could tell he didn't want to for fear of hurting me, but what hurts more is lies. Got him to say other things too so I can officially close this chapter, without obsessing over the what if's, the 'but he said...' It's over. I hug me now. :hug:

I am sure I haven't cried my last tear but hey- the other thing I have learned with time, is when a relationship doesn't work, you get your dreams back and the hope for better. You'll stop needing better when you have found the right person. I just hope I get to find him someday. I think my biggest fear in life (other than fire) is spending it alone.

Have a good weekend all, and thx for the hugs, and if you made it this far- to listening to me babble.

Last edited:
Life is short, life is shit, and soon it will be over.

Having been on both sides of the break-up equation, all I can say is life will be better in time. Of course, being the person who rejects the other is always more comfortable, but anyone who doesn't claim to have sympathy for their deserted partner is either lying or pure evil.

Stay strong, and don't take his treatment as representation of everyone's feelings. He's most likely confused, bewildered and insecure about expression his feelings in an honest way. That's understandable, because he's human and probably cares about you, and can't stand to look at you and say "I don't want to be with you".

You know you weren't "right" for each other, which is good; you're admitting that it was doomed from the start. You need to forget about him, and concentrate of making yourself happy. Rent a funny movie, masturbate, take a long hot shower, get really drunk and surround yourself with friends...or do what Monty Python suggests and always look on the bright side of life. ;)

Danospano said:
Rent a funny movie, masturbate, take a long hot shower, get really drunk and surround yourself with friends...
not all those things at the same time, but yeah

there should be plenty of love left in this world

Back
Top Bottom