Would you be upset if your significant other slept with someone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's funny, the replies in here. Well, no, not outright openly funny. And while I'm sure most people here are absolutely adamant about their refusal to put up with that kind of thing, truth is, too many people do. I can think of 2 good examples close to me, where a partner cheated. One friend had her boyfriend take up with a girlfriend of ours. Of course it destroyed the friendship between the 2 girls, but my mate didn't dump her shithead of a boyfriend straight away. Trust was all gone and she was livid, but she continued with him until the relationship disolved anyway, but she came to the realisation of just how bloody hard it is to kick them out when you were THAT close and had the trust suddenly severed.

We speak often of being tough and hard on a cheater. But this is someone you love. It is very difficult to go from oblivious blissful love to coldheartedness in a short period of time, despite what they do to you.

thonger :hug:
:heart:

xtal said:
Do all men cheat?

:sad:

Coming down to it.....
Personally, I only know a few people well enough, who have had relationships capable of "cheating". Honestly, I know a lot of people who have. I know a few guys who have not. I'm not going to say it doesn't happen. I think it is easy for people to give up, or give in, to be impatient.

But I know some quality men who have not cheated, and I respect them for that. I'm glad to say that I will follow in their footsteps in that regard.

Cheating is often a question of character and how people deal with things from stress to temptation.

ANd there is a great quote from a movie, but I forgot
"It is never a good sign when a man seeks comfort outside of his home"

(you can substitute woman or person in there, but I believe that is the direct quote).

I'd like to consider myself a person who is patient enough to work things out. But really, having sex with someone else... it would not settle well with me, because I is too disrepectful. Even disrespectful to myself, I believe. But I'm different that way, it seems :| I don't enjoy overlooking things...

Anyhow...
to go "art of war" on this cheating subject...

ideally, I would play my part well enough so that there wouldn't even be a consideration of cheating. But that's just it; one can only control one's actions, and you are not the one, in this situation, who is cheating, so it's kind of independant.

But regardless... I wouldn't like it. If you want to hurt me, sure, cheat on me. But If you do that maliciously, then that would sort of violate my definition of love, so then again, maybe it wouldn't hurt....

Back
Top Bottom