Would you be upset if your significant other slept with someone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think if it was a 'significant other' rather then a casual date thing, you would be devestated, heartbroken, your trust in men/women gone and afraid to take steps to start a new relationship

on the other hand no man is match for me when i get in a screaming hissy fit - he would be limping, bleeding and slightly unconscious.

but meh. its just something you dont oo. :|

I guess that's why you've got to make ... certain events... unforgetable and special so that only you could please your SO in that special way.

I'd partially be upset that I did something to drive them away, perhaps. But in all reality, I demand complete loyalty. I don't have any double standards, at all. So if I ever cheated on my SO, I would fully expect the relationship to be terminated.

But if someone just up and wronged me, wow.... I'd...

I'd hate to be that girl. :yes:

I just found out my love has been with someone else for the longest time.
No way in hell (or heaven for me) I would ever stick around to give him another chance to do it again.
But if it were someone that resembled Bono, I would forgive.:love:

After I found out she did, I gave her THE BOOT! once you can't trust someone there's nothing left. If they do it once it'll happen again.

YES!!! :madspit: He would be out the door before he knew what hit him. Sorry, I don't have time for people pulling stunts like that. :shrug:

MumblingBono said:
LOL, nice thread title. Just watched "Unfaithful" last night.

Diane Lane:drool:

I mean, how can she be that hot?

And yeah, if my girlfriend slept with someone else, I don't care about how strong my feelings are for her, she's gone. No exceptions.

If you have an open relationship, you wouldn't be upset. But that would mean that you've made a mutual decision and that both of you openly sleep with other people.

(No, I'm not in one. It's not my style...lol.)

Melon

I used to put up with this crap when I was younger, guys cheating on me left and right. Today, if the guy was to cheat on me it would be the end. I don't care what kind of excuse he has, it's unforgivable.

I think anyone would be upset.

I think the real question would be, would you be able to forgive them?

Forgive them? Absolutely.

Stay with them? Absolutely not.

What if they video taped it and gave you a dvd of it for your birthday :ohmy:

Then I'd be real pissed

I've slept with someone else once... when I was in a very bad moment with my "significant other". I don't want him to forgive me, just because I did what I did and I know that my actions have consequences. Of course I would get upset if my bf slept with another girl, but now that I know how it feels to be on the other side I would try to find why and get a lesson from it, maybe I won't stay with him any longer but I would learn more.

Last edited:
Even if it were meaningless sex, it's still a violation of someone else's trust and feelings.

I dont and will never will have any tolerance for cheating. I never have cheated, although in the past I've was cheated on by an ex boyfriend. My husband is very well aware of my feelings too - he shares the same opinion as me.

i'm just upset bono's married-upset that I'm stupid being upset and stupid enough to think 'that could of been me' if I'd been born into the right class at Mount temple yeah dream on girl....keep the crazy thoughts brewing.....(i'm a sad :censored:

I suspect Ali is upset that stupid girls like me are upset or she probly finds it amusing who knows???????

its even more annoying that shes so lovely as a person and beautiful
she'd make a perfect best friend:hmm:

Last edited:
Yes... and then I'd wonder what they found so attractive about him and then why would he then consider doing such a thing...

Then we'd break up.
Of course, then I'd feel it's my fault because I didn't do well enough to keep him from cheating on me.

But then again, why am I really worried about it? Even though we've had our ups and downs, we're still together. I suppose that answer is good for the "if" predicament. :wink:

it would definately be over. had it been a kiss i might be able to forgive him and get past it but it would take a while to regain my trust back. but sleeping with someone else is not only hurtful but disrepectful. his ass would be leaving skid marks down my street he would be out of my life so fast.

Back
Top Bottom