Worried about my teeth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Last night i was out with my friends and i got way too drunk. I was in an awful state and feel really embarrassed. I remember slipping i think and smacking my teeth off the ground. This morning one of my teeth is quite sore and it feels a little weird. Im wondering will this cause long term damage for this tooth or my other teeth or will the soreness dissappear soon enough? Has anybody had an experience like this and if so what happened?

Im sorry if this sounds like a stupid topic but Im quite freaked out about it!

Well it depends on how hard you hit the ground.
If a tooth starts to come out and your other teeth feel a bit fragile i would suggest you go see a dentist.

Last night i was out with my friends and i got way too drunk. I was in an awful stae and feel really embarrassed.

Worst feeling in the world :lol:

I've never had an experience like this, but I would go see a dentist if I were you... He's the only one who can really tell you what's going on... :)

if it feels funny you should go to a dentist
you may have hit it hard enough to damage the nerves or the root in which case you won't spot it till it starts to discolour.

it may be nothing, i'd go to a dentist and get it checked out just in case

Is it bleeding or anything?

My poor Dad ... when he was in 4th grade he was climbing a cement wall and slipped. His front teeth hit the cement and actually pushed his 2 front teeth up INTO his gums :no:
He had to have them removed and now he has had 2 porcelin front teeth now since then.

No its not bleeding or loose. Its sore when i touch it though.

Im going along with everyone else and suggesting that you see your dentist. Could be nothing than again it could be something that needs professional attention.

Sicy reading that story about your dad made me cringe! :yikes:

Sicy said:
Is it bleeding or anything?

My poor Dad ... when he was in 4th grade he was climbing a cement wall and slipped. His front teeth hit the cement and actually pushed his 2 front teeth up INTO his gums :no:
He had to have them removed and now he has had 2 porcelin front teeth now since then.

Oh god. :sad:

If it doesn't get better within a day or so, see a dentist. If the tooth broke, it may abcess, in which case if not treated promptly you will get very, very sick.

I've broken two teeth (last molars), not because I smacked them, but I have very little fluoride in my teeth so they're all weak. In both cases, I had to wait months before I could afford to see the dentist and have them fixed, but if it were to get painful or swollen, I would've gone in right away.

Anybody remember the commercial from Saturday morning cartoons in the 80s with the blue-green dinosaur who loses a tooth and puts it in a glass of milk? Good times.

Back
Top Bottom