Who here smokes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
I know but just let him dig his own grave because he is not going to last much longer here as it is.

personally, it amazes me that he's even still here.

his posts have been consistantly offensive, he is always off-topic, and i have never seen him contribute a single positive thing. i think pretty much every single member of this forum would agree with me on that.

the last post he made in this thread should have been enough to get rid of him.

what does it actually take?

bonosgirl84 said:

his posts have been consistantly offensive, he is always off-topic, and i have never seen him contribute a single positive thing. i think pretty much every single member of this forum would agree with me on that.

:up: If he'd been that offensive toward an individual, he probably would have been gone long ago. The fact that he's doing it toward an entire gender shouldn't make it okay.

i dont' smoke, but i still like to lick trash cans... as you do

bonosgirl84 said:

For some stupid reason I believe in giving people chances rather than being a raving bitch that just goes around banning everybody.

That was my very last warning to him. Should he make another trollish comment like that again in this forum please let me know and he will be removed from this forum immediately.

Hallucination said:

And to answer your question why it's so offensive to me when others smoke it's because not all smokers are as considerate as you might be. Smokers always use the copout that eating unhealthy food is just as bad well I'm sorry but that's WRONG!!! I've never been attacked by second had steak, or fudge or Pepsi. I am attacked by second hand smoke on a dialy basis. By the people I work with the the freinds I hang out with. So there ya go. And I'm not calling smokers stupid. It's a stupid choice but I don't think they're stupid people. Smokers already know that it is a stupid choice to why would a post like mine be so offensive to you? Like I said in my previous post just above. I didn't post it to be offensive, I just posted the truth. If you're offended by the truth than there's a simple solution to it and you know what that is.

:up: Hardly anyone else is defending this so I will. Smoking is NOT like other vices because it negatively affects everyone around them. I am so happy that so many places are now banning smoking in restaurants and bars. I can actually go places with my wife now, who has asthma.

I just wanted to add that the people who said that they don't smoke in restaurants and try to stay away from non-smokers deserve a big :up: as well. Most aren't as considerate.

Last edited:
i like what bsp77 said

also to try and stay on track here

for those who call themselves "social smokers" what is the point and advantage of that

it is still smoking, so it isn't any healthier, and it still contributes to addiction

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

My mom quit on her birthday fourteen years ago next week. She's going to be 54 and I think she's definitely prolonged her life thanks to quitting.

That is awesome April. It seriously just choked me up a little. :)

I'm Ready said:
for those who call themselves "social smokers" what is the point and advantage of that

it is still smoking, so it isn't any healthier, and it still contributes to addiction

I for one don't even have the urge to smoke unless I'm out having a couple of drinks. That means maybe twice a month. I feel this is a bit different from smoking every day consistently. How else can you differentiate other than calling yourself a "social smoker"? When I do smoke, it's the exception rather than the norm. :shrug:

Hallucination said:

Calm down. If you can't see the humor and sarcasm in it that's your problem. All I did was add on to I'm Ready's question: another question: for those who smoke, how do you ignore the inherent health disadvantage you give yourselves (again completely serious question)

All I was doing was asking how do you also ignore these factors. And to answer your question why it's so offensive to me when others smoke it's because not all smokers are as considerate as you might be. Smokers always use the copout that eating unhealthy food is just as bad well I'm sorry but that's WRONG!!! I've never been attacked by second had steak, or fudge or Pepsi. I am attacked by second hand smoke on a dialy basis. By the people I work with the the freinds I hang out with. So there ya go. And I'm not calling smokers stupid. It's a stupid choice but I don't think they're stupid people. Smokers already know that it is a stupid choice to why would a post like mine be so offensive to you? Like I said in my previous post just above. I didn't post it to be offensive, I just posted the truth. If you're offended by the truth than there's a simple solution to it and you know what that is.

Nevermind. I'm not going to argue this any further. I know from experiance the same argument will just be thrown back in my face.

When I was about 14 or so I smoked on and off for a few months. Had a very good friend who smoked so would get ciggarettes from her. Just decided one day that I didn't want to do it anymore so I quit. Wasn't addicted or anything since there would be long stretches of time where I didn't do it. As for now Im not a fan of smoke but Im not against those who smoke. All I ask if that you be considerate and not do it around me. And if you are around me than please blow the smoke in the other direction. Thankfully Delaware banned smoking in public places.

Oh and my father had a niece who died of lung canccer she was a heavy smoker. Plus he suffered a really bad heart attack when I was little. That didn't stop him from smoking though and by the time he quit the damage was done. He has a lot of heart problems now from his years of smoking. Did have a grandfather who quit cold turkey though. Lived to be the age of 82 up until last month.

I haven't had one in about a month.

But knowing me, there will be a relapse at some point.

I first started at 13, now I'm about to be 26.

Half my life. Shit.

Last edited:
~LadyLemon~ said:
I haven't had one in about a month.

But knowing me, there will be a relapse at some point.

I first started at 13, now I'm about to be 26.

Half my life. Shit.

I noticed when we went to dinner Saturday you requested Non-Smoking.

I wasn't sure if it was cause you weren't feeling well or not.

Glad to hear you're trying again. :up: :hug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I noticed when we went to dinner Saturday you requested Non-Smoking.

I wasn't sure if it was cause you weren't feeling well or not.

Glad to hear you're trying again. :up: :hug:

Yeah, I actually haven't bought any since my U2 trip to Chicago in May. Too expensive for me! But Drew smokes and most of my good friends smoke. I've cut way back, but still bumming them sucks. Sometimes I would give Lisa a dollar for a few cigs! But I've been good lately.

Too many people in my family have had emphysema or lung cancer for me to even consider it. (and not only in their 60s or 70s)

I do hate it when people try to lecture smokers on it constantly though. My mom started smoking again a few years ago and, because they're constantly told about how horrible it is at school, even my little brother won't leave her alone about it.

Last edited:
My maternal grandmother died at 61 due to small cell lung cancer.

My paternal grandmother died at 66 due to small cell lung cancer.

I have no interest in going through what they did.

:sad: That is one of the reasons I never smoked too. My grand stopped smoking at age 50 only to be diagnosed with lung cancer 10 years later she died at 75.
I do not down people who do smoke. It really does not bother me. That is there choice and they have to live with it. I have much respect for those who are considerate of the people who do not smoke.

My dad and my uncle (both long-time smokers) died of lung cancer. My aunt died shortly after her husband from lung cancer too. She was not a smoker (second-hand smoke). People, it'll kill you!

Back
Top Bottom