When I become rich, I am going to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously, I have everything I want.
I cannot really think of anything I'd really want and need much money for.
Much money often means many problems.
IF I were "rich", I'd probably buy myself a bigger appartment or a small house.
What I'd really need is some time to travel, but I don't want to give up working.

In the words of the Late Notorious B.I.G.
"Mo Money Mo Problems" :nods:

Seriously, I have everything I want.
I cannot really think of anything I'd really want and need much money for.
Much money often means many problems.
IF I were "rich", I'd probably buy myself a bigger appartment or a small house.
What I'd really need is some time to travel, but I don't want to give up working.

I think it's how you handle the money.
I have struggled almost my entire life, so living and doing without is the norm for me.
BUT...I don't feel there is anything wrong with wanting things you don't need.
I WANT to have more money because I want to help my children.
I WANT to take them on a cruise.
I WANT to buy them cars.
I WANT them to be comfortable and worry free...not unrealistically, but just so they can pursue their dreams without having to worry if they can afford their rent or food,
like I did when they were babies.
I too want to travel, buy an RV and a Harley and just head into the sunset.
I'll be needing A LOT of money for that.
Do I need it, no.

So I don't think wanting is so wrong, I think greed and wonton mindless spending is silly, and if you don't know how to appreciate your money, you won't have to worry about having it for very long.

I have my dream job so if I ever come into money I'd pay off all of my bills, buy a little townhouse, a new car since mine is 6 years old, a Macbook :love: :drool:, travel around Europe for a few months and then continue to work the coolest job anyone could have.

I understand. I don't have a family. If I had, it would be different, I'd probably giving a lot away. Also, I would donate a lot of money. I once inherited some money from a relative who died and donated almost all of it. I'm actually scared by the thought of having too much money. I like to think I have enough to live a life without having to worry every day, and without having to think over every little thing I want to buy. I appreciate this freedom. But I don't want to have so much money that I'll have to think about how to spend it all the time. Because fact is, I simply don't have enough time to spend the money I have. And I really love to work, I don't want to end up doing nothing just because I can afford it, I'm not that kind of person.

But yeah, if I had kids, I'd probably have some ideas about what I'm going to do with money.

I feel then that you are truly successful at life.
If you are happy with what you have, a little or a lot, then you have made it in this world.
I don't need to be a millionaire...I just want to be comfortable, and not have to look a my bank account everytime I need to go food shopping.
All this other stuff, is purley for fun.

A person can dream right?
:hug:

Though I still want the maid and a cruise. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom