What U2 traits have you taken on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cabcere said:
I would have to say idealism, for me. I know maybe it sounds silly, but it's true. My senior year of high school I had a really bad breakup/falling out with a guy that I thought I really loved (we'd known each other since fifth grade, and I was convinced we were "meant for each other," going to get married and all that rubbish :rolleyes: ), and as a result I became quite cynical about everything - life, love, you name it, I didn't have faith in it. Then I watched Live 8, and the whole concept behind it kind of appealed to me. After the event I was listening to interviews with various artists (okay, just Macca & Bono), and I have to admit, I just did it to listen to their lovely accents at first. :reject: But some of the things Bono said really struck a chord with me. "We can't fix everything, but what we can, we must. And that's what we're going to do." I don't know if that's the exact quote, word for word, but it's pretty close, and what I remember most is the spirit behind those words. "And that's what we're going to do." That phrase was definitely a turning point for me. When I heard that, it kind of made me stop and think - here I was, a cynical 19-year-old who's led a sheltered life, bitching and moaning about love and all, and here was this man who had twenty-some-odd years on me and yet still fully believed in making a positive difference in the world. I was practically in awe, and, as cheesy as it might sound, I think that was a life-changing moment for me. I realized that I didn't have to be bitter and cynical about everything, and that if Bono could help save the world, then dammit, so could I! :wink: It was a pretty great feeling, and I think I'll remember that interview and the way it opened my eyes for the rest of my life. I can't even really explain it in words, but I think that's the most prominent "U2 trait" I've taken on.

Incredible post. I bet the band would be impressed. :up:

i started taking some bass lessons because of adam and the next time i need new lenses (i wear prescription glasses) they will be colored like his elevation glasses, though not purple, maybe orange. and i started wearing more black, but i don't know if it's because of u2 :p

Cabcere said:
I would have to say idealism, for me. I know maybe it sounds silly, but it's true. My senior year of high school I had a really bad breakup/falling out with a guy that I thought I really loved (we'd known each other since fifth grade, and I was convinced we were "meant for each other," going to get married and all that rubbish :rolleyes: ), and as a result I became quite cynical about everything - life, love, you name it, I didn't have faith in it. Then I watched Live 8, and the whole concept behind it kind of appealed to me. After the event I was listening to interviews with various artists (okay, just Macca & Bono), and I have to admit, I just did it to listen to their lovely accents at first. :reject: But some of the things Bono said really struck a chord with me. "We can't fix everything, but what we can, we must. And that's what we're going to do." I don't know if that's the exact quote, word for word, but it's pretty close, and what I remember most is the spirit behind those words. "And that's what we're going to do." That phrase was definitely a turning point for me. When I heard that, it kind of made me stop and think - here I was, a cynical 19-year-old who's led a sheltered life, bitching and moaning about love and all, and here was this man who had twenty-some-odd years on me and yet still fully believed in making a positive difference in the world. I was practically in awe, and, as cheesy as it might sound, I think that was a life-changing moment for me. I realized that I didn't have to be bitter and cynical about everything, and that if Bono could help save the world, then dammit, so could I! :wink: It was a pretty great feeling, and I think I'll remember that interview and the way it opened my eyes for the rest of my life. I can't even really explain it in words, but I think that's the most prominent "U2 trait" I've taken on.

that's a great post :up: sorry to hear about your friend... U2 has probably changed my way of looking at things as well. I dunno, they've become a part of my life so much that it's hard to say exactly WHAT they've changed about me, because they're just a part of me now.

yeah I have Bono sleeves too...mostly because I'm short :wink:

Got Philk? said:
Honestly, I remember watching a video of bono and he just started singing in the back of a car.

I decided then to just sing more whenever I want to. I like to sing, it make people smile, so I just let go.

:up: I think that's the best thing in the world. I do the same thing---and it's one of the first things my wife noticed about me when we met. :sexywink: I feel happiest on a day I sing a lot.

Started questioning some things I knew deep down were not right - because, 'Everything you know is wrong' - of course. As a result of realigning some of my ideas and values, I am happier.
It's noticeable to my family that I smile and laugh more.

Bought a guitar and learning to play it.

Sing more now.

More concerned about world issues.

SunBloc said:
Started questioning some things I knew deep down were not right - because, 'Everything you know is wrong' - of course. As a result of realigning some of my ideas and values, I am happier.
It's noticeable to my family that I smile and laugh more.

:applaud: Awesome!

Oh....what exactly are "bonosleeves?" :scratch: Is it how his jacket sleeves always seem to come to his knuckles?

1) i got me a bass playing boyfriend and i made him play gloria for me
2) i've got a few mates to care about africa
3) my view of the world has changed
4) i am stealing my bfs number 7 shirt an wearing it in ireland
oh yea and i guess i'm going to Ireland for a year:p

- I have "Bono Sleeves", although I think I had then before I got into U2, but what the hell.
- When I listen to music, I tap my feet in exactly the same way Bono does in the Pride video. I must annoy people because it's quite manic foot tapping.
- I bought and am learning to play guitar, so I can be just can good as Edge (is that possible?)

Back
Top Bottom