What strange fears do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
Personally, I have a fear of the number 13. Why? I don't know. Probably its because 13 is known as an unlucky number. I can't give you a clear answer. The number 13 just freightens me.

For example, if I'm in a restaurant and I'm seated at table 13, I would ask to be moved to a different table.

So what strange or wierd fears do you have?

Hitting a deer. I live in west Michigan and we have the highest car-deer accident rate in the world. Everyone hits one at some point, I know my time is coming. The worst is that they're so big, it usually totals the car. I've been up at the cottage for the past week, but had to drive back into town for a night class and then drove back up at night. As usual, the deer were literally leaping out at the headlights. By the time I got back, my hands hurt from griping the wheel and I had a headache from keeping my eyes so alert.

small spaces,
free falling (bungee jumping made that fear worse not better by the way),

large spiders, or large bugs of any sort

losing my computer access:scream:

I'm scared of heights, but I have no problem flying in an airplane - I can even look out the window! If I'm outside a building though, I have an uncontrollable urge to jump.

My weirdest one is not walking over manhole covers on the sidewalk. I'm afraid I'll fall in. I'll go out of my way to avoid them.

whales
loud noises
large bodies of water
deep water
the scraping noise made when someone pulls something out of a freezer

Halifax said:
Personally, I have a fear of the number 13. Why? I don't know. Probably its because 13 is known as an unlucky number. I can't give you a clear answer. The number 13 just freightens me.

For example, if I'm in a restaurant and I'm seated at table 13, I would ask to be moved to a different table.

So what strange or wierd fears do you have?

My bf, who plays soccer a lot, always uses the number 13 in his team T shirt and in his personal logo (cuz he's a graphic designer like me :cute: )

my weird fears are:

People in big costumes, cuz I can't see their faces... I have a pic in disneyland with winnie the Pooh and I look like :uhoh:

mimes, cuz they are scary and annoying too

clowns: who doesn't hate them??????

Heights: I think that has become a phobia for me.. I have dreams falling and hitting the floor and I get anxious when I have to go to high buildings

Re: Re: What strange fears do you have?

Muggsy said:

my weird fears are:

People in big costumes, cuz I can't see their faces... I have a pic in disneyland with winnie the Pooh and I look like :uhoh:

I'm terrified of those costumes! :|

And something about having to go up basement steps where the light switch is at the bottom of the stairs and you've got to go up them with just the light coming in from the door at the top. I always end up running up the steps.

I have a fear of something bad happening to my cats. Like its a serious obsession or something :crack:

I also hate bugs, specifically spiders and anything that stings or bites.

I'm also scared of fire, and water. I am fine being in a pool but any oceans, lakes, etc freak me out.

-Heights- My fear is so bad, I can't walk up open stairs where you can see how far up you are without getting a panic attack. Yet, I love roller coasters. :huh:
-Mice and other rodents
-Thunder

Sicy said:
I have a fear of something bad happening to my cats. Like its a serious obsession or something :crack:

I'm the same way with my dog, and people I love. It's actually a real source of anxiety for me. I get real panicky if my husband is late getting home etc... not that I think he's cheating, that kind of thing. But more so afraid his car is broken down, etc...

My dog got out of the house once when we first got him and nearly got killed about 6 times by cars... it really was traumatizing. I know I'm a little ridiculous about it now, but I NEVER let him off his leash unless we're in a securely fenced area.

My big fear is the ocean and sharks.... :no: Lakes and pools, I'm fine in though for some reason.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I'm scared of heights, but I have no problem flying in an airplane - I can even look out the window! If I'm outside a building though, I have an uncontrollable urge to jump.

I just came here to post the exact same thing. I've been having nightmares about not being able to resist the uncontrollable urge for years too, I usually wake up in mid-jump thinking "what have I done". I wish they would stop. :scream:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Hitting a deer. I live in west Michigan and we have the highest car-deer accident rate in the world. Everyone hits one at some point, I know my time is coming. The worst is that they're so big, it usually totals the car. I've been up at the cottage for the past week, but had to drive back into town for a night class and then drove back up at night. As usual, the deer were literally leaping out at the headlights. By the time I got back, my hands hurt from griping the wheel and I had a headache from keeping my eyes so alert.

Yeah, and who's car did you drive dear??? Stop telling me these things.

Bees. I hate bees more than anything.

I've shared my fear about thunderstorms before on here...I get seriously freaked out when we've got a chance of bad storms, pacing, looking out the window every few minutes, constantly checking the radars. And if we have a tornado warning, I spaz. I know that's not the right thing to do, you're supposed to keep calm, but I don't.

And of course, I'm terrified of spiders, too. Downright terrified-I mean, I can't even look at a picture of one, they creep me out that much. I just hate them.

Also have fears of death. And Muggsy, yeah, I get a bit nervous sometimes about the idea of pregnancy, too...I'm always hoping that the pregnancy goes well and that I'm able to go through with the pain and everything okay (I'm a scrawny girl, and for some reason, I'm always afraid that my body won't be able to handle the actual birthing process).

I'm also terrified to drive, not so much because of me, but rather because of the loons I'd have to share the road with. I wouldn't be aggressive enough, and...yeah. The thought of driving just really terrifies me.

Ditto the roller coaster one mentioned, too...I absolutely refuse to go on roller coasters that go upside down, 'cause knowing my luck, I'd be on one and the car would get stuck going upside down. And I don't really have a fear of heights, but I don't like flying. I don't really like the idea of getting on a plane. Which kinda presents a problem, seeing as I'd like to travel to other parts of the world someday, and flying's about the only way I can really get to a lot of those places. Hm.

And I've also mentioned that public service announcements creep me out before, as well as long, dark halls.

Clowns don't really bother me, though, like they do some of you. I don't really have a problem with them. Maybe it's 'cause I haven't seen them a lot in my life or something, but they've just never really been all that scary to me :shrug:.

Angela

I have OCD when it comes to foods.

For example, I can't have different foods touching each other on a plate. It's an indescribable feeling of unease. I also can't stomach sauces, mainly for the same reason of foods mixing. Logically, I know that it all comes together in your stomach, but seeing it doesn't work for me. I've trained myself to be somewhat better for purposes of social situations, lol, but it still mostly freaks the shit out of me.

i have a really really bad fear of heights, including the almost-uncontrollable urge to jump off a building or something.

but i really really love roller coasters -- probably because they scare the shit outta me!

I have a fear of a face suddenly appearing at my kitchen window at night cause I haven't got any curtains there...

I'm afraid of the dark and still have to sleep with a light on

Back
Top Bottom