What strange fears do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First, a :hug: to MrsSpringsteen. There's another thing I worry about.

U2Girl1978 said:
It totally makes sense because I feel the same way. I worry whether or not he's the right guy and should I spend the rest of my life with him, whether or not I should be with him just because everyone else is involved with someone.
:hug:

:hug: :). I am not alone, this is nice.

YBORCITYOBL said:
I fear dying before doing a lot of things I still want to do in life - family, travel abroad........

Ditto.

Angela

I think it is strange for a person to be terrified of a harmless garden snake...perhaps it is not?:shrug:

Tarantulas. I can handle ordinary spiders, but the very thought of tarantulas make my skin crawl. I've never encountered one in real life, but I've had nightmares about them.

I loath spiders though I'm not scared of 'em. I got bit by one in my sleep a long time ago....right near my right eye and that whole side of my face swelled up so badly that I seriously looked like Sloth from The Goonies. :|

These things though...I am TERRIFIED of them. Just posting this pic made me break out in a cold sweat.
9ho2dh.jpg

Last edited:
hitting a moose while driving:yikes:

heights..I freeze and cannot move...or I feel like I have to jump, I don't know why I cannot explain that.

housefires

going up a staircase in the dark...this comes from when I was little and had to go to the creepy basement for different reasons. The creepy basement had a big hole in the wall and I always thought a panther lived in there and would chase me up the stairs.:huh:

something bad happening to someone or something I love.

Touching the bottom of a lake

Oh and big rocks underwater just freak me out..I won't swim anywhere NEAR them

I am just a big chicken:reject:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
My fear of wind started out kind of odd. I remember as a kid, watching my mom hang laundry on the line on windy days, and I'd always ask her, "Isn't it gonna all blow away?", and she'd tell me no...and then one day, our sheets got ripped off the line. I also used to watch our pool toys suddenly get violently whipped out of the pool, and I was always horrified by the sight. It's a situation where you lack any control, and it stresses me out so much. There was a bad storm recently, and my boyfriend and I stood in the living room window, watching our stuff get blown all over, and I was freaking out.

I am with you there! Bad wind storms freak me out..and they are happening more and more in my area:yikes:

Tornados too....not here but I've experienced them elsewhere...reoccuring nightmares because of them:tsk:

Cassis said:
i have fear of fear

i have fear of stuff that doesnt make sense
i just can't figure it out

yeah....I had my telescope out the other day and was looking at stuff. I had a fear the earth would just tip out of orbit and spiral out of control through space.......it was scary. I am afraid of not being able to control stuff like that.

Like a comet hurling towards earth....theres just nothing I could do about it:|

don't you get it?

Dismantled said:

yeah....I had my telescope out the other day and was looking at stuff. I had a fear the earth would just tip out of orbit and spiral out of control through space.......it was scary. I am afraid of not being able to control stuff like that.

Like a comet hurling towards earth....theres just nothing I could do about it:|

OK ...I am done with this thread I am going to be afraid of everything pretty soon:scream:

Carmelu2fan said:

:uhoh: that thing does look creepy!!!:ohmy:

Imagine having a "friend" grab one of those and chase you around the house with it until you're literally crying hysterically in the bathtub begging them to get that thing away! "confronting fear" my ass! Now whenever I see one I'm afraid it's going to leap on me. :sad:

falling
confined spaces
the cheshire cat from alice in wonderland (dont' ask...it's a childhood one :reject: )
someone breaking into my apartment when i'm in it
swimming somewhere where there is seaweed and/or jellyfish

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

Imagine having a "friend" grab one of those and chase you around the house with it until you're literally crying hysterically in the bathtub begging them to get that thing away! "confronting fear" my ass! Now whenever I see one I'm afraid it's going to leap on me. :sad:

OMG what a horrible thing to do!!!!:shocked: I would have fainted or something...My little bro did that to me with a garden snake:mad: I wanted to kill him but I was frozen with fear:yikes:

starsgoblue said:
I loath spiders though I'm not scared of 'em. I got bit by one in my sleep a long time ago....right near my right eye and that whole side of my face swelled up so badly that I seriously looked like Sloth from The Goonies. :|

:ohmy:...on your face? Near your eye?

Sweet Jesus, I'd go ballistic if I ever found a spider on my face...:no:. You poor thing :hug:.

Originally posted by starsgoblue
These things though...I am TERRIFIED of them. Just posting this pic made me break out in a cold sweat.
9ho2dh.jpg

Ugh. Yeah, those are creepy.

Insects in general...:crack:...

Also, :hug: to Dismantled regarding tornadoes...yeah, those things ain't fun, are they?

Angela

im afraid of balloons,car accidents, rape, clowns, birds, rabbits, and hamsters
give me a big rat over a hamster any day

its not really a fear but i dont like germs not that anyone esle does, but im always thinking about it..
i wash my hands way too much and for too long, i avoid door knobs and things like that:reject:

hehehe, im always afraid of reflections like if someone is gonna be behind me or if say i was driving at night and i looked in my rearview mirror and some random person was sitting in my backseat.

elevation2u said:
or if say i was driving at night and i looked in my rearview mirror and some random person was sitting in my backseat.

I don't own a car at this time. But whenever the day comes when I get one, before I get in, late at night, I will check the backseat. I am definitely afraid of that happening.

I also do understand about the other reflection stuff, too...sometimes, if I'm at the sink in the bathroom, and I'm home alone or it's late at night, I'm always afraid I'll look up in the mirror and see something/someone freaky behind me.

I've gotta stop watching horror movies :crack:...

Angela

Queen Bee said:
I have an irrational fear that there are sharks or alligators in my swimming pool. :huh: That fear usually only sets in when I'm swimming by myself.

OMG! and I thought i was the only one that did this......:huh: I won't swim at my gym if no one else is in the pool:shh: :reject:

I HATE the black lines on the bottom of the pool:madspit: they look like Hammerheads:yikes:

elevation2u said:
[B
hehehe, im always afraid of reflections like if someone is gonna be behind me or if say i was driving at night and i looked in my rearview mirror and some random person was sitting in my backseat. [/B]

Me too:yes: it freaks me out to look in the rearview mirror at night....I obsessivly check my car before getting in at night:reject: I am sure there is a creep hiding in it.

Back
Top Bottom