what should my mate do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OnFire said:
Well, I'm not from your part of the world but maybe you should say something to him like, "It's blokes like you that ruin it for the rest of us who just want to go out for pints with our mates once in awhile and not shag the first bird with a face like a bag of spanners to kick up her knickers in some alleyway."

:lmao:

That was some of the best use of non-US slang I've seen by an American. :applaud:

boystupidboy said:

In his early 20's,still too young to settle down IMO:huh:

Does being too young to settle down (what is the perfect age for that in your opinion?) excuse his behaviour or something? I don't think so. :|

If he's prepared to have a "humping session" with a stranger then he should also have the guts to confess to his girlfriend too.

I was thinking the same thing as Mr. Baw, these my friend stories are never usually about a friend.

boystupidboy said:

In his early 20's,still too young to settle down IMO:huh:

if he really feels that hes too young to settle down then why doesnt he turn this into a learning expirience...

first...tell the girl hes in a "serious" relationship with what he did
and then see what it morphs into ...see how much it hurts her...then when she comes back with an " i did the same thing to you " and on and on and on........

getting drunk and shaggin in the alley.......not a good habit...
im sure hes a good buddy of yours so do him a favor and yourself a favor and babysit eachother when your out that is if you really feel that this was bad .....

Last edited:
Thanks Angela, and also thanks for defining "bag of spanners" since I only had the vaguest idea what it meant.

Just to throw in a older married guys percpective into this situation though, I don't see the mention of the mate's age as an excuse (because it is about as weak as they get) but a way of explaining why the situation occured, maturity being the other relevant factor.

Young men can have hard time saying no to lil' Elvis, especially when fulled by alchohol, because they don't have experience dealing with the consequences of their actions. No matter what advise you give your mate (or yourself, if applicable) there will be consequences. The girlfriend will find out about it one way or another, the worst possible way being from someone other than the person who cheated. Hearts will be broken, the circle of friends will discuss why it happened. Your mate will have a hard time on the rebound because any potential new girlfriend will be repulsed by the back alley shagging (wasn't there at least a car back seat available?)

Your mate and the girlfriend will hopefully emerge from this with no STDs and wiser for the experience.

Back
Top Bottom