What should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lil'Bono

War Child
I've got a bit of a problem, I suppose it's not that serious but its bothering me!
I dont get on with my dad, if i'm completely honest I dont even acknowledge he's alive, and its the same with him where i'm concerned. He's done a lot of stuff to me and my family which I dont really wanna go into, but let's just say I want nothing to do with him!!
From i was 14, he had this thing were he'd make sure he 'forgot' about my b'day or christmas or anything that would involve buying me a present, but he always bought my brother.
However 4 my 18th b'day he sent me a present and i actually thought he'd changed, i was reconsidering the way i treat him, but 2 days later, he sent a letter 2 my mum telling her that if she didnt sell our house and give him half of the money that he would take her 2 court and get it off her!

This turned me against him even more, if that's possible, and when i seen him about a month back and he went 2 talk 2 me i turned and walked the other way. It's hard, even if he is an asshole to do something like that, he's still my dad even if I wish he wasnt!!

Ok, i'm rambling now, the thing is he sent me a b'day card this morning, its here beside me now, unopened, and i dont know what 2 do.
I want nothing 2 do with him and want nothing from him, i'm seriously considering sending it back.

I haven't seen my father for over 10 years and I like it that way. It took me a long time to accept that I was just going to hate him forever. lol.

I used to send the birthday cards back but that just involves bitterness on my part. Returning the card is actually a really angry action and I don't have time in my life for anger.

He, very rarely, sends me the odd birthday card. If it has money in it I spend it on consumables. I don't want some of his siting in the house, reminding me of him. So I eat it, as chockies or dinner or whatever.

Well, um, i didnt even wait 4 sum1 2 reply, i opened it + he'd put a letter in it, putting the blame on my mum 4 leaving, he also included his email address + he got a very angry email sent 2 him, so i dont think he'll write 2 me again or send me a b'day card! I told him in not so nice terms of wat i thought of him + that i wanted nothing 2 do wif him ever again, + u know i feel ............. free!!

I am really sorry that you dad has chosen to behave in this way Lil' Bono. He has no right to burden you with what happened between him and your mum.:mad:

I am glad that your email to him helped you get things off your chest and you feel better for it.

I wish you the best:hug:

Back
Top Bottom