What kind of asshole steals? Honestly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
My bike was stolen. I filed a report with APD, but I know that's not going to do anything.

I also had two iPods stolen last year.

People who steals are pieces of shit.

Maybe keep a better eye on your stuff? :shrug:

That's not meant to be an asshole comment...if you stuff keeps getting stolen, unless you're getting your iPod ripped out of your hand or you're getting shoved off your bike while riding down the street, clearly you're giving people a chance to take it.

I've never once had anything of value stolen, just because I insist on keeping an eye on things and making sure whatever I need to leave unattended, no matter how long, is secured.

The iPods were due to a break in.

The bike was properly locked up in my apartment's parking garage with every other bike.

Lame. :tsk:

I don't get stealing either. I mean, maybe if you are living on the street and steal some twinkies from the Party Stop, but just going to someone's apartment or garage and ripping stuff off?

We have renter's insurance. My camera and computer alone are worth enough to me to insure for $20/mo.

I had the tires from my bike stolen, the tires (!?!). It was in the Castillian parking lot on UT campus. Yeah it sucks; if your gut tells you maybe I should take this protective measure.....do it. Lot of desperate people out there

my fiance's car was broken into last week. thankfully the car wasn't stolen but whoever it was, broke the passenger window to steal the $3 or $4 worth of change he had. :tsk: he filed a police report but that's as far as it will ever go. his car was parked in the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) where he takes the train to work. they're "not responsible" which really means they're unwilling to do anything about it. my fiance's car wasn't the first that we've seen vandalized before either. his mom actually got her car antenna stolen...TWICE. who the f steals a car antenna?? needless to say he's not parking in that lot anymore and we're sucking it up and paying a lot more to park in the airport lot where they have security people driving around the lots.

sorry that you've had so many things lifted. it's an awful feeling and I'll never understand why people do it.

Last edited:
Down the shore one year, thieves broke into the garage of our house. They stole the bag off the front of my uncle's bike, thinking it had valuables in it. In reality, it was the diaper bag for his infant daughter.

At least those thieves got pwned.

My camera with about three to five hundred pictures from Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Australia Zoo and Cairns got stolen from the plane in Singapore last year. :sad:

I'm sorry about your bike and ipods. I had my car broken into twice in six weeks when I first moved here. It's really frustrating. :mad:

Im sorry hope they are at least able to recover your bike.

My mom had someone steal her grill off of the front porch before. Some people will just steal anything they can get their damn hands on!

A friend of my mother's recently moved into a new apartment, some guy got into her place when she (and her autistic son) were carrying in their Thanksgiving groceries and took her purse. She has no credit cards but had about 70 dollars in it and her laundry room debit card, and her car keys. He came to her front door and barged in and claimed his aunt had the purse and tried to blackmail her to get it back. He came back again and locked all the car doors, then he eventually came back and started taking off in the car. Her neighbors actually stopped him, the wife kicked him and the husband got him down on the ground. When the police got there they found two knives on him. She is on a very limited income and wants the cash and laundry card back, the police told her they have no idea where the purse is (isn't that part of their job to try to recover it?) and one police officer told her he was surprised about the guy, that another officer said he just thought she was "loony" aka making it all up I guess. At least her neighbors who barely know here did something like that for her.

The police said he is homeless, and unless he can come up with five grand he remains in jail.

EdgeVox said:
It was in the Castillian parking lot on UT campus.

Yeah, my apartment is a mere block north of the Castillian. My girlfriend actually lived there last year. I lived in Towers last year, right down 24th from Da Castil. Small world.

Kiki said:
damn that sucks. I'm sorry, I hope they do find your bike. Was that your only means of getting around?

No, I've got my car and I just walk to class. But I still rode it down to the park or on campus at night to the library. I used it a lot.

Last edited:
Liesje said:
Lame. :tsk:
I mean, maybe if you are living on the street and steal some twinkies from the Party Stop, but just going to someone's apartment or garage and ripping stuff off?
:lmao:
please don't steal my bike, oh nevermind , I don't have one but when I was a kid and I did have one and if you stole it I would be very upset and sad.

Last edited:
I've said for a long time that if these pus buckets worked a fraction as hard at doing something productive as they do at figuring a way to rip off people then we could cure cancer, settle the national debt and figure out what the Hell happened to DB Cooper. :mad:

I recently had some fall decorations stolen off my front porch, less than four feet from my front door. :madwife: And it's not that they were irreplacable or terribly expensive, but damn! - I mean, is it soooo fucking hard to walk on by somebody's place & keep your damn filthy hands to yourself? :endofrant:

I don't think I've ever been more mad than when my car was stolen a few years back. I went to a local pool hall after work, and wasn't even there 45 minutes before it was stolen. I was lucky that the car was recovered without any damage (as a matter of fact, the cops pulled the asshole teenagers over less than a block from the police station, so you know these guys weren't very bright...), but holy hell I don't want to know what I would've done had I caught that guy trying to steal it. :mad:

Did he leave his homework in the car?

Impy, sorry to hear about your bike. If there's one thing I hate more than lying it's stealing, just fucking low.

A car burglary netted a lucky suspect the following...

One black Samsonite briefcase containing...
1 Minolta X-700 SLR
1 Olympus micro-cassette tape recorder
6 active insurance cases including but not limited to names, addresses, Social Security numbers, driver licenses numbers and dates of births...

Oh, did I mention the Retired Police office badge and ID?

Or the CA Private Investigator ID?

Yeah, along with one Smith and Wesson Model 10 with 6 live rounds and an additional 3 Speedi-loaders totalling 18 more rounds of .38 ammo...

Anaheim PD not recovered any of this stuff!

:ohmy: you sure carry some interesting stuff in your briefcase.

I've never had anything stolen but would feel totally violated and sick.

We have things shoplifted from our store constantly. It must be regulars but we can't seem to catch most of them:mad: One woman punched the store manager because we tried to stop her at the door, she had things hidden under her baby in the pram:tsk:
What really gets me is that people steal albums, stickers etc saying,"congratulations on your new baby", or"happy birthday grandma". It disgusts me.

Karma's a bitch, theives have it coming to them big time:yell:

i'm sorry to hear you had your bike stolen :(

i'm lucky that i've not had anything stolen (i hope i'm not jinxing myself) but my ex had his car stolen. it was a nice car too.

There is a good chance your bike may be in the basement of the Alamo, however.

Sorry about your bike...that's awful. :down: Sounds corny, but there's something sacred about a bike. I've always had a bond with mine, where it becomes almost like a friend that you can rely on. Lost Ipods are similar, I'm sure.

Never had my bike stolen, but I once had a new walkman taken...from my book bag, while I was in the library. Actually, the entire book bag was thrown in a trashcan. I eventually found it, minus the walkman, with study material & notes fully intact.

Back
Top Bottom