what is the best way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I feel really odd asking this but just wondering what is the best way to get over someone. This person, boyfriend actually hurt my feelings and we haven't spoken in 3 days but wondering if the person hasn't apologized yet, is it really over and if so, what should I do and how do I get over this person.

I've learned that many people have problems with apologizing, and also often don't know they need to apologize. Sometimes, they don't care to do so.

Without knowing you or your situation though, it would be rather hard to tell you what to do here. Although Mr. BAW is right, time does heal all wounds.

Since this is a 'personal' issue I'm moving this to Zoo.

I have actually found that going out with friends and meeting new people is the best way to get over someone.. keep busy.

Are you really ready to "get over" this person?

If it is really over, I agree with Sicy - keep busy. Pour your energies into time with other friends, hobbies, work, charity, etc.

All of the advice above is exactly right, but don't forget that you HAVE TO get some closure on the relationship. Maybe it's too soon right now, but you absolutely need to tie up the loose ends if you're going to be able to heal and move on. You can talk to him in person, call him on the phone, write a letter, or send an email, but at some point, you're going to have to let him know what he's done to you and how it made you feel.

Think of the pain as an infection in your emotions. With time, the wound does heal over and stops hurting, but the only way to truly be healthy is to purge the infection from your system. Finding some way to communicate your feelings to him, even if he can't/doesn't respond, is the only way to do this. Take your time, be honest, try to keep it as unemotional as possible; but let him know what this has done to you. It's awkward, uncomfortable, and no likes to do it, but it really is the best medicine for a broken heart.

Rip up his cards and hang the fragments on a piece of string on the wall where he will see it.

Ask his mates to bring him around as he forgot something and then take him to a park bench and bawl your eyes out and say exactly everything you feel. :uhoh:

And then let him go.

Speak to him first. Ask him flat out if he wants this over. A guy that can't apologise is a heavy weight to carry around and you might be better off without him. So sort out the break up, then write him a letter spilling everything out - and then burn it (the letter).

You deserve closure
:hug:

:eyebrow: Wow beli-talk about closure! You don't beat about the bush, do you? :wink: All I can say..is make it's about you, get busy with what YOU want to do with YOU! That is what I am doing my first year after my divorce..forcusing in on Me! goin to school, like I have always wanted to do was a start in that direction. Please don';t think you have to have ALL the answers right this minute..just start with one step in that direction..! Oh, and good luck!:up:

beli said:
Rip up his cards and hang the fragments on a piece of string on the wall where he will see it.

Ask his mates to bring him around as he forgot something and then take him to a park bench and bawl your eyes out and say exactly everything you feel. :uhoh:

And then let him go.

:ohmy:

If it is over, I agree with the closure idea. In some way, you need to be sure to do this.

Another thing I found that helped me out after some time passed was hanging out with people and friends of the opposite sex. Get to know other people better and it will make you realize there are some friggen cool people out there. I don't mean like dating or whatever necessarily, just chilling with a group or even dumb stuff like I did with a friend, playing play station after my relationship of 3 years ended. Then someday, you'll find some guy who wants to watch U2 dvd's and VHS' with you and you won't even think about this guy again.

But that sucks, I'm sorry!

my suggestion would be to just follow your gut and do what you need to do in order to make yourself feel better. I used to be one to sit around waiting/hoping - I got tired of driving myself crazy over things though and starting just asking people what was going on, etc. My only suggestion is to be careful what you do/say and not let your emotions get the better of you. Sometimes when your hurt you can act in ways or say things that you'll regret soon after. But it definetly sounds like you need some closure, or something to that effect. IMO face to face is always best, but if nothing else you can always email or phone. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom