What do WOMEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
* To open the door....ok, i'll give you that one.

Negatory!

Honestly, if we're walking together and I'm in front of you, I am totally fine with both opening the door AND holding it open for you. If you choose to race ahead of me to open it I'll say thanks, but really, it's unnecessary.

Negatory!

Honestly, if we're walking together and I'm in front of you, I am totally fine with both opening the door AND holding it open for you. If you choose to race ahead of me to open it I'll say thanks, but really, it's unnecessary.
Call me old-fashioned, but a man gets big points with me for opening doors and whatnot. That being said, I'll gladly open the door for anyone who happens to be behind me, male or female.

Call me old-fashioned, but a man gets big points with me for opening doors and whatnot. That being said, I'll gladly open the door for anyone who happens to be behind me, male or female.

agreed Kaffy.

I'd open the door and as you were stepping through shut it right in yo face!

funny gets points for any girl worth their while.

I always thought holding the door open for whoever happens to be behind you was simple, basic, human politeness, regardless of the gender of either party. I'm a woman, and I always hold the door open if there is someone behind me.

I also usually hold the door open. I'm not jumping in front, and my female friends so far never wanted me to. Whoever is in the better position to open the door should do it.
What I find annoying, though, is when you hold the door open to people coming after you (not those you are with) and you don't get a thank you or any form of acknowledgment. Then it shouldn't be a surprise when eventually people stop doing it.

I always thought holding the door open for whoever happens to be behind you was simple, basic, human politeness, regardless of the gender of either party. I'm a woman, and I always hold the door open if there is someone behind me.
so did i, until i was in crutches :cute:

though i should probably reserve that for the things i hate thread :grumpy:

I agree. It's just another common courtesy and I always hold the door for someone walking in behind me. Still, points for any man who runs ahead to grab any door for me.

* Chips and salsa served in the couch.
* Their legs scratched.
* For us to leave the lid down. pfft.
* For us to iron our own clothes.
* To have control of the remote. :lol::angry:
:hmm:
* To expect that they will stay the same.
* For us to lie when they ask if the look good/fat when they wear those jeans that are too tight......and they look bad.
* To be like Dalton.
* To open the door....ok, i'll give you that one.

You've got what it takes to be the best husband in the world!:applaud:

am going to try and be sensible now :ohmy:

I was pretty involved in fundraising for all the extra bibs and bobs needed at my kidlets' last school . . . it was hard work but a ton of fun and the biggest up side was the opportunity to make a stack of fantastic friends . . . one particular event had been more work than usual after volunteers previously aligned to help out had to pull out for various reasons . . . leaving only a handful of us to work like slaves to get the room ready, pick up donations, cater, be up and happy and work the room for donations etc and then pull the whole shebang down again at the end of the night as the hall we were using had been booked for another event the following morning . . . one girl friend in particular really pulled out all stops to help make the night a huge success despite caring for a sick relative, working full time and juggling all the other bells and whistles that running a family entails . . . in our haste to get home after a massive massive effort we realised that there were a few odds and ends still to do before the hall was back to tip top shape, but exhaustion beckoned (it was 1am) so we all resolved to get up early and go back in at 7am the following morning and finish up . . . I got a txt msg from my friends husband at 6.30am the following morning to tell me not to worry about coming in as the hall had been taken care of . . . I rolled over and went back to sleep . . .later that morning I called my girlfriend to thank her for fixing it all up (and quietly admonish her for not letting the rest of us help out) . . . my call woke her up . . . she had no idea, but her husband, knowing how hard she had been working and knowing how much she needed her sleep, went in early and did it all for her . . . that to me is what love is all about :heart: . . . the little gestures that just speak volumes

(well that was a little long winded :reject: . . . but hopefully you see my point)

above all I think women (and most men out there to) just want to be treated with a little kindness and respect . . .

there's a fine line between showing appreciation of her and neediness. even if it isn't, you can reach a point where it just comes across as pathetic.

treat them mean keep them keen be nice, but not a walkover, nobody wins there.

Back
Top Bottom