What do WOMEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also want a man to carry heavy things. I am fully equal to (probably even surpassing :wink: ) men in most areas, but I have no desire whatsoever to carry heavy things, and would like a man to do that. :) I don't care if I'm setting the feminist movement back 20 years, I don't want to carry heavy things, dammit!

I came to this conclusion tonight while shopping for an uber-large bag of cat food.

Phil, do you make Lies carry heavy things?

luckily i am very fond of cats, as you know. ;)

oh and my answer? women want Phil^.

:D That's good to hear.

I'm pretty much opposite of VP there. I'm pretty strong and broad built so I like to carry my own stuff. I've been doing that ever since I was 15 since my dad has a bad back, so yeah, I can lift most heavy things anyway. I would go insane with a guy that would even carry the smallest things for me.\

What women want I don't know, but I know what they are. Confusing. :wink:

I want a loyal man who respects me, not some kind of sleazy macho man who brags all the time, because that is what I hate most.

He has to have humour and has to be a bit crazy, but can be serious when needed. Also, he has to be himself and nothing else and not afraid to open himself up.

I found all these qualities in my boyfriend Jeroen...:love:

A guy that can buy me a drink.

No, seriously, I think 'respect' is the key here. I don't want guys that boast about their prowess and how many people they've fucked, I don't care if they've got a rad tat or a six pack. You just gotta show equality and understanding, and don't be afraid to show a bit of sensitivity every now and then (although don't get too mopey). Don't get desperate or overprotective. And despite all that, you've still got to be a bloke, you've still got to make sure we don't get into strife, to keep us feeling up when we're not, to make things comfortable. I mean, that sounds just about impossible, but it's a start.

Have the ladies that responded in here placed any emphasis on looks? :applaud:

Well, I seem to have a slight tendency for blonde/darkish blonde hair and blue eyes, so that would be welcome. But I'm not convinced I couldn't date a guy if he had brown eyes or something like that. :shrug: I'm very un-romantic about that, I mean, you either have the chemistry or not, it's a physical reaction in the brain. So it has nothing to do with looks, thus I won't judge a person on looks.

We want tall, well-endowed men who are excellent in the kitchen, the bedroom, and are preferably mute or aversed to interjecting their opinions. Sigh.. in a perfect world :love:

The only thing about looks I care about is how well in shape the guy is. I won't mind a few extra pounds, but overweight guys do not interest me. This is because I am trying to lose weight myself and I am aiming to eat a more healthy diet and hitting the gym more. A guy who noshes on nothing but pizza and beer and does not exercise, says to me that he does not care about his physical health. That's a turn off for me.

We want tall, well-endowed men who are excellent in the kitchen, the bedroom, and are preferably mute or aversed to interjecting their opinions. Sigh.. in a perfect world :love:

Sorry, I'm taken dear...I mean...I dont' have an opinion on that...:silence:

Phil, do you make Lies carry heavy things?

Oh no...

880931534_0b305794af.jpg

Just look at the shirt!

come on danny so much for you to aspire to !

someone to mow the lawn and fix stuff - i dont do outdoor work or the fixing of broken shit. or lifitng heavy stuff.
needs to have a job and be financially independnt- not necessairliy rich but not a stay home bum.
gooood sense of humour and endless patience , and some sort of charisma
looks- rugged but six pack not necessary
i seem to be endlessly attracted to Taurus men

The only thing about looks I care about is how well in shape the guy is. I won't mind a few extra pounds, but overweight guys do not interest me. This is because I am trying to lose weight myself and I am aiming to eat a more healthy diet and hitting the gym more. A guy who noshes on nothing but pizza and beer and does not exercise, says to me that he does not care about his physical health. That's a turn off for me.

Yes, because only people who "noshes on nothing but pizza and beer and does not exercise" are overweight or "bigger". They're fat, lazy people who don't care about their health. It has nothing to do with genetics whatsoever, in some cases.

:lol:

What kind of fish are those? :ohmy: Did you catch them with your bare hands?

Oh, Those fish are red fish. Usually they are tough to catch as they lay in shallow waters often near reeds/low hanging branches in channels off the coast or inland waters. These fish were in the Gulf of Mexico just off the shore feeding on minnows at the top of the water. Therefore, we took a little boat out to the flying seagulls and jumping minnows, threw a lure into the mix, and caught the big fish. It's called...cheating.

Pearl...I've lost a lot of weight since that picture, and had a salad for lunch. Please don't think of me as the guy who eats pizza and drinks beer without exercising. :uhoh:

:wink: kidding dear.

Yes, because only people who "noshes on nothing but pizza and beer and does not exercise" are overweight or "bigger". They're fat, lazy people who don't care about their health. It has nothing to do with genetics whatsoever, in some cases.

I don't see how "noshing" on nothing but pizza and beer and not exercising is in any way related to genetics. Those are conscious personal choices, and that's what I believe Pearl was speaking to.

I was being sarcastic. The stereotype that anyone, male or female, who is bigger or "overweight" are that way as a result of poor eating choices or lack of exercise and don't care about their personal health is something that has always bothered me.

There are plenty of people out there who eat healthy, exercise, and do everything right, yet are unable to slim down because of their genetic makeup. Being bigger does not always mean you're unhealthy, in my opinion.

That may not be what she intended to say, and maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but that's the way I took her post. And in my opinion, that characterization is incredibly offensive to people out there that simply cannot help looking the way they do, no matter what they do.

True enough. I have basically a terrible lifestyle but don't put on weight to any great extent.

I was being sarcastic. The stereotype that anyone, male or female, who is bigger or "overweight" are that way as a result of poor eating choices or lack of exercise and don't care about their personal health is something that has always bothered me.

There are plenty of people out there who eat healthy, exercise, and do everything right, yet are unable to slim down because of their genetic makeup. Being bigger does not always mean you're unhealthy, in my opinion.

That may not be what she intended to say, and maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but that's the way I took her post. And in my opinion, that characterization is incredibly offensive to people out there that simply cannot help looking the way they do, no matter what they do.

I understand and agree that genetics does take play a role in how someone's body is shaped. I do not mean to condemn every overweight person as being lazy and careless about their health.

The reason why I said what I said is because I once dated an overweight guy who did what I said - ate nothing but beer and pizza and hated the idea of going to the gym. When we first started dating, I was a little overweight myself, so I didn't think it was right to use his weight issues against him. But the thing was, I was - and still am - conscious of shaping up, losing weight and being careful on what I eat. Whenever the guy and I went out to eat, he always wanted to eat the calorie ridden stuff and didn't seem to understand why I was being so picky on what I ate. One time, he wanted to stop by a pizza joint, but after I told him I really wanted to watch what I ate, he complained about not having to go to his favorite pizza place.

I never once criticized him for his eating habits, I never told him he was hurting his health, or tried to change his ways. The reason why we broke up is because it soon became clear we had little in common, aside from the eating and exercise habits.

Maybe I was being harsh when I said I prefer guys who take care of their health. Perhaps what I should've said was I prefer guys who are on the same page as me in terms of eating and exercise habits. That way we can encourage each other and go for a run together.

I know you were being sarcastic. That's not my point. She wasn't talking about overweight people in general. She listed specific eating and inactivity habits. I think you are being overly sensitive because you misread her post. If she had said "all people who are overweight are lazy" then yes, I can see that as offensive. But she didn't say that at all. Again, she gave specific habits. Specific UNHEALTHY HABITS. Not just talking about being big in general.

Oh, Those fish are red fish. Usually they are tough to catch as they lay in shallow waters often near reeds/low hanging branches in channels off the coast or inland waters. These fish were in the Gulf of Mexico just off the shore feeding on minnows at the top of the water. Therefore, we took a little boat out to the flying seagulls and jumping minnows, threw a lure into the mix, and caught the big fish. It's called...cheating.

Pearl...I've lost a lot of weight since that picture, and had a salad for lunch. Please don't think of me as the guy who eats pizza and drinks beer without exercising. :uhoh:

:wink: kidding dear.

That's pretty cool! :up: Cheating or not, I like a man who can catch his own food!

Hey, I like pizza. :grumpy:

A man who eats a salad for lunch isn't a man. :tsk: Salads are for women who are afraid to eat real food.

I understand and agree that genetics does take play a role in how someone's body is shaped. I do not mean to condemn every overweight person as being lazy and careless about their health.

The reason why I said what I said is because I once dated an overweight guy who did what I said - ate nothing but beer and pizza and hated the idea of going to the gym. When we first started dating, I was a little overweight myself, so I didn't think it was right to use his weight issues against him. But the thing was, I was - and still am - conscious of shaping up, losing weight and being careful on what I eat. Whenever the guy and I went out to eat, he always wanted to eat the calorie ridden stuff and didn't seem to understand why I was being so picky on what I ate. One time, he wanted to stop by a pizza joint, but after I told him I really wanted to watch what I ate, he complained about not having to go to his favorite pizza place.

I never once criticized him for his eating habits, I never told him he was hurting his health, or tried to change his ways. The reason why we broke up is because it soon became clear we had little in common, aside from the eating and exercise habits.

Maybe I was being harsh when I said I prefer guys who take care of their health. Perhaps what I should've said was I prefer guys who are on the same page as me in terms of eating and exercise habits. That way we can encourage each other and go for a run together.

I understand where you were coming from, thanks. I know you didn't mean to be offensive. :)

I know you were being sarcastic. That's not my point. She wasn't talking about overweight people in general. She listed specific eating and inactivity habits. I think you are being overly sensitive because you misread her post. If she had said "all people who are overweight are lazy" then yes, I can see that as offensive. But she didn't say that at all. Again, she gave specific habits. Specific UNHEALTHY HABITS. Not just talking about being big in general.

Again, if you read her post, she says "but overweight guys do not interest me", which, to me, is her talking in general. She then talks about specific eating habits, so if I put those two together, what other conclusion could I come up with?

But, as I said above, I understand where she was coming from.

Back
Top Bottom