What do MEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see..

Someone I feel comfortable with, a mixture of intelligent deep discussion and light-hearted banter, tolerance and devotion. (Also preferably with brunette hair and curves!)

My last gf had most of that but she was too fiesty and fickle in the end.

i would appreciate the thoughts of you blokes out there, esp from those in long term relationships.

Watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Most men I know don't want a woman who constantly belittles, whines, complains etc. Most men may find some humiliation in life (including jobs) so when they come home they don't want ego fights there too. I'm pretty sure this goes for women as well. Someone who is for positive action when challenges arrive (which they will arrive sooner or later) is better than a negative person who makes things worse with their attitude. Festering negative ruminiation is the worst, so communication has to be there. Men need support and encouragement, otherwise why have the relationship if alone is better? Because of the general narcissism out there, when you tread on someone's big ego you're in for an argument. Of course dating someone without a large ego helps. :wink:

Also I think both men and women like to have some alone time periodically (but not all the time) and some activities to partake in together (not just sex). If two people have absolutely NOTHING in common then it's time to find a new relationship. There has to be some agreements there somewhere.

The most important thing I could add is that everyone has expectations and a movie in their mind about how their lives should be and that is the biggest reason for disappointment and disatisfaction with relationships. A lot of men and women get together because they like the dating part of the relationship but when marriage/kids/responsibilities show up one or both members get shocked and want out. It's so important to know what you want and to check it with conflict with your partner and what they may want.

If the money isn't put in a budget and managed properly so priorities can be agreed on then there will be lots of fights and probably an end to the relationship when debts come due. How to jointly handle money is HUGE because most of our goals and dreams (that mental movie of your life) involve some element of money.

:lmao:

I think you'll have some trouble finding the right-wing/satanist type. I don't think they exist in high numbers.

I wasn't being 100% serious.

Really what I want is:

Your perfect partner is:
Affectionate
You're looking for a partner who makes you feel completely safe and secure. She believes in happy endings and is ready to share her life with you. She wants to lay down the foundations for a long and happy partnership with you. She's a good listener and always
How to love her
You'd probably like someone who's adventurous and open-minded. She believes in living life to the fullest and wants to expand her horizons. She's eager to develop as a person and to learn more about the world around her. This is something you could really enjoy doing together - she would certainly appreciate how much you understand what matters to her.
A Love tip for You

Here's a love tip for when you find her: bare your soul... honesty and openness is the route to her heart.

I'm taking a risk of my fellow girls smacking me and the guys rolling there eyes, here; and I'll admit I haven't read threw the entire thread yet, but I think the old saying that was more recently in a rap song is probably pretty close:
"We want a lady on the streets and a freak between the sheets"

ok....sorry. I know that was bad.

I came across this on another forum, I thought it was rather good:

Most people use the word intimacy without having a clue what it means.

Intimacy is not about physical contact or physical closeness. It is about conversations where you speak to each other without going through the ego. It is about sharing the real you, and being accepted, not trying to fix the other one. It is about bonding on a deep level.

This song just says...everything.

Boy it’s tough getting on in the world
When the sun doesn’t shine and a boy needs a girl
It’s about getting out of a rut, you need luck
But you’re stuck and you don’t know how, oh

(Don’t have to be) A big bucks Hollywood star
(Don’t have to drive) A super car to get far
(Don’t have to live) A life of power and wealth
(Don’t have to be) Beautiful but it helps
(Don’t have to buy) A house in Beverly Hills
(Don’t have to have) Your daddy paying the bills
(Don’t have to live) A life of power and wealth