Well this is embarassing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
So...remember that bit about me not complaining anymore of being single?

Count me back in. :banghead: :scream: :banghead: :yell:

It's not really my fault, just a really really bad time in her life (she confessed to me that there's been more than a few times this year that suicide seemed like a good way out of her problems). So yeah, bad news for someone trying to start a relationship, but now I feel more connected to her than ever (she hasn't told any of her friends about the suicide thoughts).

But still....BLARGHHH!!!

:rant: [rant]I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever find something/someone that'll last more than a few months (or weeks/days as the case may be). For once it'd be nice for someone to come after me, instead of the girl simply giving in to my feelings or whatever. I know I might not be the most exciting, all that good looking, interesting or whatever, but dammit, I've got a lot to offer and it really fucking sucks to get shot down in practically every attempt to show someone that. Maybe I just come across as too normal (aka boring) for anyone to want to stick around. They think they have me all figured out, so why bother looking for more? Either that or I'm dumped into the "you're so sweet/nice/caring/etc" category that by law cuts off all possibility of romance and instead leads only to friendship. I'm really getting sick of this pattern in my life. At least I didn't fall in love with this one first. :rolleyes: [/rant]:scream:

Like you said, it's not your fault.

I'm surprised to see great guys of Interference (including you) being single in the first place! With great personalities like that, i was sure you'd be off the market ages ago, and taken for life.

:)

I'm sure someone right will come along.

:(

I'm sorry, Diemen. It's good that she told you that, though, because she obviously feels she can trust you, and maybe just having you in her life as a friend even will be a big help to her.

You seem like a GREAT guy and like all the other girls here, I'm surprised you're still single. Don't let the "nice guy" thing get to you, though. A lot of girls LIKE nice guys (and yes, as more than friends). The ones who don't probably aren't the kind of girls you want to have a relationship with anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure things will work out for you and soon you'll be posting an even happier "Yay! I'm not single anymore thread." :)

:hug:

That's awful, I'm sorry. :( I agree though, maybe you were put in her life for a reason, and even though it didn't work out, you are great for being there for her when she needs someone.

I'm fruitlessly searching for the right guy, and while its frustrating, I still really do think they will come along eventually...as for the 'nice guy' thing, there are a lot of us looking for one, trust me. I also feel like I'm too boring, but I figure the right person won't see it that way....and, yeah, what meegannie said about not wanting them anyway if they don't....

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT! SH*tf*&kp(ss. I'm so sorry D. I know how much that meant to you. Let me know if there's anything I can do. I still love you.

Diemen...life has a funny way of surprising you. At some point, most likely when you aren't looking, the right one will come along.

Keep your chin up, Diemen. A good one (is there ever really a right one?) always comes along just when you need it least.

An example: my husband and I started dating while I was taking 17 hours, working part time, and preparing to graduate and move across the country to start grad school. Not the best time to start something, that's for sure.

So what am I saying? Stay busy, stay cool. To quote Beck, "Things are gonna change, I can feel it."

:hug:

diemen-
Im ok ww you making threads about yourself:wave: :|
If u wanna date me my # = 1 800 MISTER-BIG.

thank u
DB9:dance: :cool: :sexywink: :cool:

DAMMIT ALL. That sux. And the worst part is...I see all these nice guys around here getting crapped on. I wish i could find a guy HALF as awsome as the ones that post here...:banghead:

I gotta git the hell outta MN here or I'm gonna die an old lonely woman I swear...:scream:

Diemen I don't know ya REAL well, but I think yer gorgeous and sweet and unboring and all that. hang in there--we're still young with a lot of life ahead of us...."Satellietes ahead...." ((((((((Diemen)))))))).

*hands Diemen a tissue

Now go put in zooeuropa and cry yerself to sleep. But remember tomorrow is a new day :) :hug:

Thanks everyone. I'm not down in the pits depressed (quite yet...;)), but I am just frustrated at the way my life is going lately.

Hewson said:
At some point, most likely when you aren't looking, the right one will come along.

I have to talk about this, cause everyone mentions this at one point. The problem is, I've thought that this has happened to me before - I wasn't really looking, and something/someone wonderful came around. But then of course that falls through much too soon, and it leaves me back where I am now, single and frustrated. But at the time I thought it was the great "I wasn't looking, and The One? showed up," so I'm a bit skeptical of the whole thing now.

Plus I've also heard people use this line (including one recently) even though they were looking for something, maybe even too hard. I dunno... that line just bugs me.

So uh, Ali...if you need to get out of MN, when are you coming to Cali? :D

love is in the air...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Diemen, Ali and I will be in the same state in November.

Just a thought. :tongue:

(Everyone get your mind out of the gutter. :laugh: )

Oh reeeaaally? :evil:

Methinks i should take some time off in November...

My standard line=
"Im not looking for no one,
Im looking to be found by someone"

Trouble is..I dont like those that r finding me:angry: ;)

DB9

Re: love is in the air...

Diemen said:

Oh reeeaaally? :evil:

Methinks i should take some time off in November...

:wave:

Trouble is..I dont like those that r finding me

OMC, I'm actually going to agree on this one. That is my biggest problem. I probably wouldn't be single if I lowered my standards a bit (which is NOT an option), or found a nice guy who actually shared more of my interests, or that I was attracted to. :banghead:

*is ALWAYS looking for a reason to get out of MN

Diemen said:
So uh, Ali...if you need to get out of MN, when are you coming to Cali? :D [/B]

ME???? :sick:

Careful what you ask fer, Diemen....You know me. I only have about 6575 more interferencers to meet before i'm the first to meet them all!!!! MWAHAHAH :mac:

Don't ferget, DIAMOND thinks wed make a good couple. Never underestimate the power of DB9 love advice :laugh: :lol:

Relationships are confusing (as if more proof was needed)

Well, about a week has passed now since she decided against pursuing anything...except in that week, things have changed a bit and...um, she's reconsidered.

:) :huh: :)

if it wasn't for all this drama, my life would be boring :D

D, if my IM doesn't start flashing in another couple minutes, I may have to kill you. I need details, dahlin! I 'm soooooo happy for you.

Blah...that sucks, but I know how you feel. My last few attempts have been shot down...:slant: Let's just say the old ego hasn't been doing too well lately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom