Weight loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keeping the train a-Rollin'. Down to 179.5 lbs now. From a size 42 waist to a size 34 in 10 months!

Keeping the train a-Rollin'. Down to 179.5 lbs now. From a size 42 waist to a size 34 in 10 months!

:applaud:

I am currently at 170 pounds. However, I calculated my ideal weight by measuring my wrist and comparing it with my height. It looks like I need to lose 15 more pounds. Whoa, that means I was 50 pounds overweight at my heaviest. I also wonder if this means I'll be wearing size 2 pants. I mean, it does but it also seems hard to imagine.

Still hovering right at 179.0. If I want to get lower, I suppose I'll have to go about working out and whatnot.

Now I'm at 178.9 - thought I'd gain since starting on my birthday, I'm allowing myself 8 days a year to splurge! (My birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, and the 4th of July)

Splurge! You deserve it!

I'm down to 167 pounds and fitting into more size 6 pants. However, my belly isn't disappearing fast enough. I am going to start to do more sit-ups. It seems like watching what I eat is not going to be enough to get rid of my flab. It has been working, but exercise may really banish it!

Watching what you eat will get you part of the way. The rest involves toning. Starting at the one year mark from when I started this thing (coming up in 6 days), I'm going to finally start working out regularly. It's been a daunting thing looming in front of me and I've put it off thanks to being crazy busy. But now that we're in our new house, I don't really have any excuses. So year one was diet. Year two is diet and exercise.

Go on a gluten-free diet. It's really not that hard and I lost 12 pounds without exercising. Now I think I've hit a plateau with it, but I feel better overall.

Like I posted on Facebook:

So, I have avoided wearing this shirt for about 3 years now, because when I saw the picture on the left, that was when I really realized that I had become pretty fat. I decided to break the shirt back out today. My husband told me I looked nice, so I thought I'd do a side by side comparison. I was shocked...

1234793_10100390539377934_441952682_n.jpg

You look a lot better! Keep up the good work!

I'm going to need my before and after pics. I need to look for anything from my heaviest until now.

This was the first time I'd seen a side by side. It was the inspiration I needed, I've been in stasis for a month or two.

This evening, I tried on two size 6 skirts I loved wearing before my weight exploded several years ago. Before, it was a fantasy to wear them again. But now I am wearing them with such ease! It feels so great!

Since I began following the Weight Watchers program two years ago, I have lost 42 pounds - from 207lbs to my current weight of 165lbs. That's friggin' incredible! I did it! I never thought I would see my size 6 self again!

Yeah, I may need to firm up my body and get rid of my flat tire, but holy damn! I look and feel great! I can even do some yoga moves now without my belly preventing me from doing them. Yay!

Everyone - it can be done! Just keep your chin up and believe it can be done!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Back
Top Bottom