Warning: Ramblings ahead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Kayyyyy... So I was camping this weekend, since Im a scout leader now. Needless to say, never before have I met a bunch of more self-absorbed, ignorant, irritating, conceited, ungrateful kids in all my life.

:rant:
-------

Hey, stop throwing rocks you might hurt someone or ding onea the cars or something...
All: Okay!
*five minutes later*

I said stop throwing rocks, werent you listening?
All: Ok, we wont.

*two minutes later - rocks continuing to be thrown*
*blows really hard on a whistle right behind a group of kids*
STOP THROWING THE DAMN ROCKS!

*ten minutes later - rock throwing begins again*
DAHH!!!
*gives up*

-------

Then theres this stupidass dog owned by one of the cottagers who keeps showing up at our campsite.

All: Awww, look, its *insert one of 30 completely random names here*. Scouter Jeff! Scouter Jeremy! Can we bring it home with us!
Us: No, leave the dog alone. It belongs to one of the cottagers.
Them: No it doesnt! Its ours! Here *name* ... Awww its hungry *feeds the dog*

*time passes*

Them: We're hungry.
Us: Wait until mug-up.
(me thinking: Maybe you shouldnt have fed half your dinner TO THE DAMN DOG!)

-------

Kyle: Whats poison ivy look like.
Me: 3 leaves, this plant right over here *points to it with stick*
*watches scout proceed to walk through it*
Kyle: Scouter Mark, I just walked through poison ivy, what should I do.
Mark: Just be careful when youre getting your pants off that you dont touch any of it, if that oil gets on your hands you wont have a whole lotta fun.
*proceeds to watch scout return to tent, come back changed*
Kyle: Scouter Jeff, I think I accidentally got poison ivy on my plate and cup.
Me: GAHHH!!!!
Scouter Jeff: You should really be more careful, I just watched what happened and I find it really hard to believe it was an accident.
Kyle: *whiny voice* But it WAS an accident.

--------

And that was just the tip of the iceburg...

Anyone here own a 2 way radio? Or seen them in use? Well I got to experiance THAT first hand... oh man... So you can page other people using 2 ways, and it does this little annoying beepy thing... well guess what they were doing ALL of the 6 hour hike, and ALL in the car ride there, back, and points between... yep... Note to self: Bring advil to camp next time.

Oh, hey, and what else is great? Listening to the same cd in the car... 40 million times!!!... Yeah! I mean thats just so wonderful. :rolleyes:

Scouts: Turn it up for this song!
Me: No, its loud enough already.
Scouts: COME ON!
Me: You didnt even say please, I dont have to do anything for you.
Scouts: *2-way radioing ensues*
Me: *turns up the music*

---------

So, short story long, I had a really crappy weekend.

Now, I have assloads of homework to do, I havent eaten since about 10:30 this morning, I havent showered since Thursday, and I aggrevated an injury while hiking, so now my ankle is rather uncomfortable to say the least.

And I miss lilly... :( I havent talked to her in more than 55 hours, and thats just too long damn it all! :sad: What made my weekend worse is that I spent all my time just wishing I could hear her voice. Damn you distance! Damnnnn youuuuu *shakes fist* :(

martha said:
I'm thinking maybe it's time to ditch that whole scout leader gig. :eyebrow:

gotta love overzealous "get involved with everything" kinds of parents though, right?

i don't think he'd be there were it only his choice. ;)

:lmao: So you got a little taste of the next generation eh Foxy!
When I hear stories like this, I thank my lucky stars mine are almost grown. :bow: :dance:

I sure am glad I was young and foolish and had my kids before I was old enough to know what I was getting into!

kids.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Fox, kids are evil. And stupid. As you have now returned from your nightmare trip with these snotheads, all you can do I guess is be glad they had you there. Clearly too stupid to ever survive on their own, they will one day realise they were lucky to have such a good scout leader. But that means squat for now...So I will stick with my earlier statement that kids are stupid and evil.

Hope you had a nice long shower!!

"Insanity is hereditary, we get it from our children"

Re: kids.....arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Angela Harlem said:
.So I will stick with my earlier statement that kids are stupid and evil.

Does that mean I was once stupid and evil?? :scream: :scream: But I was such a good kid!:angel: :yes::evil: :lol:

What a trip you had! LOL I do not want to have kids, or so I say right now... too much to handle... but I love working with kids, even bratty ones like those on your camping trip! I just don't want to have them and be responsible for them 24/7!:no: :scream:

This whole thread was making me laugh so hard people were looking at me odd. Well more odd than usual.

I like the dog and posion ivy or oak or whatever.

The whole "kids are evil and stupid" part AH was funny too. I really did LOL at that part.

:lol:

lilly dear...one look at the gene pool and ....yeah....hehe kidding. I dunno, she'll do kid things. But I can always palm her off to the grandparents! Why dont Kyle's parents leave him with his grandparents instead of torturing poor fox eh? Yeah snothead! That is poison ivy!
I rest my case.
:D

Glad you laughed G, but seriously, kids are scary things. Very scary! I wonder if SweetOn was ever scary? Hmm, not with that avatar! hehehe
:hyper:

I like babies but do not like kids. Well let me rephrase that I don't like kids that are not locked up, AND by locked I mean the one that are not well disaplined. I was not aloud to as any adult "WHY" if they told me to do something or question there judgement. I was also not aloud to speak when adults were speaking. Dear lord help me if I broke a rule. I am not saying I was perfect but if I did any of that stuff and my dad found out about it my ass was grass and he is the lawn mower. Fear can be a healthy thing sometimes, and a look can be more effective than yelling.

ghetofabu said:
I like babies but do not like kids. Well let me rephrase that I don't like kids that are not locked up, AND by locked I mean the one that are not well disaplined. I was not aloud to as any adult "WHY" if they told me to do something or question there judgement. I was also not aloud to speak when adults were speaking. Dear lord help me if I broke a rule. I am not saying I was perfect but if I did any of that stuff and my dad found out about it my ass was grass and he is the lawn mower. Fear can be a healthy thing sometimes, and a look can be more effective than yelling.

So you were a brave child at least.

Ah yah, today?s youth :eyebrow:

blahblah

Back
Top Bottom