Understanding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I'm so sick and tired of no one understanding me.

I mean, all I'd like is a bit of sympathy. Maybe a kind word or so. My roommate gives me sarcasm. My boyfriend just tells me to relax. My mom says I'm overreacting. My best friend doesn't seem to care (although I did play it down a bit, so...). My brother says I must be PMSing.

I had a REALLY crappy day on Friday. I mean, next to horrible. The bus driver wouldn't let me on to the bus to Toronto, my mom ended up waiting an hour for me. I was an hour late for my best friend's birthday...etc, etc. That was just a bit of it. So, naturally, when people asked me about my weekend, I mentioned these things. I'm not a complainer...I don't normally complain unless something REALLY bothers me A LOT. And people know this (part of my venting goes to you...the Interferencers). And it's not that I want everyone here to feel sorry for me or anything. I just need to vent. Thanks.

Okay. So maybe I'm stressed. But is it too much to ask that someone, anyone says "Damn. I agree with you. That was shitty. Let's do something about it." Apparently not. Instead, (see above for details).

Grrrr....

------------------
*I can't see that thief that lives inside of your head
But I could be some courage at the side of your bed
I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
But I could be your, be your...*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 04-07-2002).]

Damn. I agree with you. That was shitty!! I wish there was something I could do about it for you. I suppose the best I can do on-line is offer...

((((Sweetest)))))

a hug.

It does suck when no one seems to understand that you're just having a rotten day and all you want is someone to be supportive of you. It absolutely drives me wild when people say "that's not a big deal, don't worry" when clearly you're already worried about something.

As crazy as this place can be, as much as we fight over stupid stuff and argue about the dumbest things on the planet, we're usually a pretty good spot for venting. So come right back here anytime you need to.

I just had a topic kinda about the same thing in FYM last week.

::hugs::

Hang in there. We all have the right to bitch from time to time and you're certainly no exception. And you always have here to vent.
smile.gif

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

The annoying thing about most people is that when they ask how your day was or how you're feeling, they don't really care to hear your answer and just expect you to say "fine"

But that IS harsh, I mean, your roommate, boyfriend and mom...people you trust and go to when you're down and they didn't even have something nice to say? Dude, I'm sorry.

At least as U2 fans we all have the uplifting words and music of the band to console us. (I'm getting very sappy now, sorry)

and I can sympathise about your bus travel issues...sorry you had a crap weekend and I hope you have a better week!!
smile.gif

(((((SWEETEST THING)))))

Back
Top Bottom