Uncle getting married again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
My aunt has been dead less then 5wks and my uncle is already getting married again on Feb 14th 2010. He's been dating the woman he's going to marry since a wk after my aunt died. My aunt & uncle were married for 37yrs. Am I wrong in feeling disgusted over this?
:crack:

I'm sorry I laughed when I saw that thread title combined with the smiley icon. :reject:

No you are not at all wrong in feeling disgusted about this. Sorry about your loss but how did she die? Was it a long time coming or was it sudden? Still doesn't excuse his behavior anyway. But what can you do? It's his life.

:tsk: You are not wrong at all to feel disgusted. Any chance you talked to him about it, get his take?

It almost tops my father marrying a woman my age and having babies at 64. :yuck:

I just don't get it sometimes. :hmm:

I am also very sorry about the loss of your aunt.

I know I can't do anything about it and that it is his life, that's the part that makes me sick.

It was semi sudden semi unexpected. She had been on various painkillers and meds for different things so we were all worried that something might happen. But then one night she went to bed and when my uncle went into go to bed he realized that she was blue and not breathing. She had overmedicated then had a seizure on top of that.

nicv, I can understand because my uncle is 65 and I don't know how old the lady is so I might end up having some more cousins. Another uncle of mine over 50 I believe actually married a girl younger then me. After being college sweethearts with my aunt and having 4 kids.

Ok this is rather strange. I think you are right to feel sick about this, he hasn't even had time to mourn properly yet. :huh:

No, you are right to feel what you are feeling. This situation with your uncle does smell fishy.

How do your parents feel about this?

Perhaps your aunt and uncle weren't as happy as everyone thought, and he was staying by her out of duty? The heart will always do it's own thing, and the head might get angry. but what can we do? Their marriage might have ended, for all intents and purposes, a long while ago.
I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

Yep! I think their marriage might of been over long before she died, but mostly think that he's avoiding letting himself grieve and he's afraid about being alone.

Also I should say that the ink on the papers for his divorce from his first wife were barely dry before he married my aunt. It's just weird to think of him with another woman right now, I knew it might happen eventually but not so soon.

Thanks everyone!:hug:

Was your aunt ill for a long time before she died? If so, he may have done his grieving with her before she passed. In any case, I am sorry for your loss--always rough stuff. :hug:

I'm sorry about your aunt!:hug:

I would also feel really strange about the situation. Maybe you should talk to your parents about it first. I maybe not say this but I can't stop thinking that your uncle had an affair with that woman long before your aunt passed away.:reject:

I'd be pretty weirded out by it too. I am really sorry about your Aunt :hug:

It doesn't excuse his......reactions(?), is maybe what I'm trying to say, but because he is older; some of him may be doing this only because he doesnt know how to be alone. Like I said, it doesn't excuse it or make sense, but he's probably pretty terrified too.

Back
Top Bottom