unbelievable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I got a call today from the good folks who run our schools saying I've been shortlisted for an interview for a teaching scholarship/award (in my shock I didn't quite hear which it was, but I think it's a scholarship, which means I have a decent chance of heading out of the country for my uni studies).

It's really unbelievable, considering I've submitted my application a year late due to my National Service commitments and I'd only consider my grades good rather than stellar.

Fully aware that I haven't made it just yet, there's still the interview to go (my first job interview, as a friend put it), but fingers crossed really hard.

Wish me luck!

luck.gif

Getting a scholarship interview in Singapore? Damn, you must be doing something right! Well done and all the best!

An update. Interview was OK, I didn't get cut, which was fantastic. Got a call the next day saying they were considering me for overseas with the curriculum subjects that I wanted to do and so I've got a tea session on Tuesday with some big shots from the ministry.

Looking forward to it, according to my friend who got it casualty rate is high here but I'm going to be positive and confident about it!

yertle-the-turtle said:
Looking forward to it, according to my friend who got it casualty rate is high here but I'm going to be positive and confident about it!

I almost didn't apply for my teacher training last year because everyone kept saying it was impossible to get a place. I think if you're confident it's right for you, you can get in.

Good luck, Yertle. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom