Transformer display!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cin

Blue Crack Addict
in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smilin
We have a lovely cabinet in our hall that was made by my brother-in-law and left to us by my husbands late parents. Inside we have some crystal vases, silver dishes, some little trinkets that have sentimetal value, all the usual stuff. I've even generously given a shelf to my husbands Star Wars stuff, yes, he is a geek.
This morning he says, " I'd like to take out all of that stuff,(like it's just crap in there), and put all of my Transformer figurines in there.!!!!!:ohmy:
These aren't die-cast collector figurines or anything like that. They're the plastic toys he had when he was a kid!! Some of them are broken and still have dirt on them:scream:
I know it's his house too but geez, it's the only fancy thing we have in our house.
Discuss

I have a friend who's a comic book geek, luckily his wife is too, and they have a whole room for toys(they call them collectables but their toys). And that room still doesn't even hold everything they have.

Personally I find it odd, but then again, some people may find my hobbies or taste in displayables(is that a word) odd.

My point is, it's all part of it when you get married or move in with someone. I've seen a lot of marriages where the woman(sometimes the man) takes over the house and rejects any input from the spouse. This can be a very dangerous recipe, not that I'm saying this is what you are doing...but in general.

Just try and find a compromise.

cinnaminson said:

This morning he says, " I'd like to take out all of that stuff,(like it's just crap in there), and put all of my Transformer figurines in there.!!!!!:ohmy:

that's gonna be so pimp :heart:

i'm still looking for a way to properly display my imported beer bottle collection. unfortunately, ikea doesn't really sell anything that screams "BEHOLD!" i may have to build my own :hmm:

Thanks, I think I'll have to concede and have half toys and half fancy stuff. We already have 2 Star Wars posters above the bed and a huge Star Trek captains poster in the hall. I totally understand about wives taking over the decorating. Luckily I have absolutely no skill in this area. :sad:

cinnaminson said:
Thanks, I think I'll have to concede and have half toys and half fancy stuff. We already have 2 Star Wars posters above the bed and a huge Star Trek captains poster in the hall. I totally understand about wives taking over the decorating. Luckily I have absolutely no skill in this area. :sad:

that sounds like a good compromise. you can divide the shelves. :lol: if you want, have him take the bottom shelves.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who couldn't get over the desire to display stuff like that even as a grown-up(well, as grown-up as a 22 year old can be anyway).

I'd love to have a whole room to display toys/collectibles in.

I love basketball. I have a full collection of 1992 McDonald's 'Dream Team' collector cups. I'd love to display them.

I'd love to display the fully-built versions of my bigger lego models - I have a big pirate ship, a big spaceship, a big helicopter, a space shuttle and space shuttle launchpad, a castle, an indian reservation....

I'd love to display my old Ninja Turtles stuff, but I can't because I made the mistake at the age of, oh, 12 or 13 or so, of allowing my mother to sell most of it to a lady who ran a shop that sold used toys like that. Of course the shop went out of business shortly after that, there's no way the lady could have sold all of it, and I have no idea what became of my stuff. When the day comes that I actually have money to spend, I think I'll use some of it to use ebay to re-build an old-school TMNT collection.

I'd love to display my batmobiles too.

I'd love to display some of my transformers too.

I'd love to display some micro machines and hot wheels as well.

Is this why women always say they mature faster than us? :wink:

My husband wants to mount this huge-arsed framed and mounted Liverpool FC shirt which is signed by the whole team in our lounge room. I say "Dude, it's too big." And he says "You say that when you have this huge [repro] painting by some French dude whose name I can't even pronounce hanging up! That's not fair!" Then we debate what 'fair' is, and it's a huge lark. It's endless merriment and joy in this house. The only thing I did wrong was buy him the stupid shirt.

My advice is anything but valuable, but I'd say let him have his shelf and exaggerate the juxtaposition of it. Leave them dirty and haphazardly arranged. It's going to be clear who's toys they are!
:lol:

cinnaminson said:
We have a lovely cabinet in our hall that was made by my brother-in-law and left to us by my husbands late parents. Inside we have some crystal vases, silver dishes, some little trinkets that have sentimetal value, all the usual stuff. I've even generously given a shelf to my husbands Star Wars stuff, yes, he is a geek.
These aren't die-cast collector figurines or anything like that. They're the plastic toys he had when he was a kid!! Some of them are broken and still have dirt on them:scream:
I know it's his house too but geez, it's the only fancy thing we have in our house.
Discuss

DON'T LET HIM TOUCH NOTHING! You gave him 1 shelf that's heaps..........my hubby has only the top shelf of his computer desk, and that's it!!!!

Transformers are cool......but still, NO WAY!

Re: Re: Transformer display!

fly so high! said:

DON'T LET HIM TOUCH NOTHING! You gave him 1 shelf that's heaps..........my hubby has only the top shelf of his computer desk, and that's it!!!!

Transformers are cool......but still, NO WAY!

I thought that was already a compromise as well...but I guess a truly fair compromise would be half and half.

My boyfriend collects trains and Tiggers, I collect Barbies. One side of our basement has trains, the other has Barbies (his nieces sure love that when they visit!). As for the rest of the house, our headboard is loaded with stuffed Tiggers, and I have several Barbies on display in the computer room and guest room.

One of my good friends told me about a guy she went out with a few years ago. She was iffy about him from the start, but then he invited her over for dinner and his entire apartment was wall to wall action figures. She said she felt like they were all watching her all night, and she couldn't wait to get home :lmao:

Would it be possible to get him a china cabinet or something of the sort? That way he has his own area to display what he likes.

namkcuR said:
Wow, I thought I was the only one who couldn't get over the desire to display stuff like that even as a grown-up(well, as grown-up as a 22 year old can be anyway).

I'd love to have a whole room to display toys/collectibles in.

I love basketball. I have a full collection of 1992 McDonald's 'Dream Team' collector cups. I'd love to display them.

I'd love to display the fully-built versions of my bigger lego models - I have a big pirate ship, a big spaceship, a big helicopter, a space shuttle and space shuttle launchpad, a castle, an indian reservation....

I'd love to display my old Ninja Turtles stuff, but I can't because I made the mistake at the age of, oh, 12 or 13 or so, of allowing my mother to sell most of it to a lady who ran a shop that sold used toys like that. Of course the shop went out of business shortly after that, there's no way the lady could have sold all of it, and I have no idea what became of my stuff. When the day comes that I actually have money to spend, I think I'll use some of it to use ebay to re-build an old-school TMNT collection.

I'd love to display my batmobiles too.

I'd love to display some of my transformers too.

I'd love to display some micro machines and hot wheels as well.

Is this why women always say they mature faster than us? :wink:

2 things if I may...

1, you are my hero :love:

2, do you have a girlfriend/wife? If so, hold on to her like your life depends on it. If not, get ready to have your dreams crushed... :wink:

Cleasai said:
Would it be possible to get him a china cabinet or something of the sort? That way he has his own area to display what he likes.

China cabinet is such a cool phrase, I thought I was the only one that still called them that.
He hasn't mentioned it again but he does have a day off tomorrow. I may come home to hundreds of freaky plastic eyeballs staring at me!:eek:
I love that other people have dorky collections too. At least we're not as bad as my Mum who has a house full of chooks.

cinnaminson said:
Discuss
That's hilarious. Stand your ground. I grew up in the time of GI Joe and Transformers, and I had tons of them. Though most of them broke and I gave away some, I wouldn't display them. It's tacky. He should keep them away from public view and look at them once in a while. Then again, I don't have a mate so everything I think of is skewed toward not frightening women away. He's already got a wife, so his priorities are different. Elegance is important.

Then again, I don't know what I'm gonna do with my Star Trek models I spent days painting and gluing if I get married.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Transformer display!

cinnaminson said:
[

Then again, I don't know what I'm gonna do with my Star Trek models I spent days painting and gluing if I get married.

We have Star Trek models too :combust: [/B][/QUOTE]
Some of mine are from when I was 10, and the painting job sucks. :) Do you have the Klingon Bird of Prey? That awesome ship must be displayed to the world in all its glory! or it could be kept confined to an isolated room. I have the Deep Space Nine "Defiant," and I'm so proud of that sucker that I'd want to display that....maybe.

Back
Top Bottom