Tour Dilema

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
There are three U2 shows within reasonable driving distance:

San Diego - March 28
Anaheim - April 1
Los Angeles - April 5

The closest venue is Anaheim. Unfortunately, my wife will be out of town April 1-3 and I am watching the kids. :angry:

I'd like to go to both of the other shows.

We will likely go to the Los Angeles show to celebrate our 15th anniversary (that means $$$ seats, no GA)

I'd love to experience the GA in San Diego.

On which show should I use my U2.com preferred ticket?

This will be my first U2 concert after following the band for over 20 years.

I am using my presale code for the show I most want to go to: Dublin. It's easy to get to for me (2 hours) and I was not disappointed the last time I seen U2 with folk from here. I am also going to try and purchase tickets for Glasgow on Friday through ticketmaster incase I don't get Dublin tickets but Glasgow means travelling by plane/ boat and an overnight stay but I want to be on the safe side. :hmm:

they aren't playing my city on the first leg of the tour. i can fly to either boston or chicago but it's a bit outta my price range to do so.

i guess i'll be waiting til sept to see the guys....hopefully.

I'll have to wait until fall, most likely as I really need a Southern date, preferably Atlanta. I just can't get on a plane and fly to New York or Boston any day of the week.

I'm having the same dilema so I guess I can't help you.

I really want to go to San Diego and do GA because I've never been to the first show of a tour but I also want good seats for Anaheim.

Decisions, decisions. :hmm:

They will be adding additional shows in all three venues also. I would try your pre sale code on SD though, its going to be a very tough ticket. Small arena, first show of the tour.

sorry, nb. i can't help either.

i'm going to try to get my GA tix for SD through an agency.

most likely, they will cost a fortune, so i will probably skip anaheim and hope for las vegas on the third leg.

OR ... i will skip SD and spend a fortune for GA anaheim.

OR ... i will take a weekend vacation somewhere far away from the tour instead.

bonosgirl84 said:
sorry, nb. i can't help either.

i'm going to try to get my GA tix for SD through an agency.

most likely, they will cost a fortune, so i will probably skip anaheim and hope for las vegas on the third leg.

OR ... i will skip SD and spend a fortune for GA anaheim.

OR ... i will take a weekend vacation somewhere far away from the tour instead.

With or without tickets, with or without BAW, I will be in Las Vegas on that third leg!!!!!

:yikes: which third leg are you I talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tour will have to work around the BAW's 10-year wedding anniversary trip to Hawaii in October!!!!

Last edited:
It looks to me like you should go for San Diego! :up: good luck either way you choose to go.

Sweet Tart said:
they aren't playing my city on the first leg of the tour. i can fly to either boston or chicago but it's a bit outta my price range to do so.

i guess i'll be waiting til sept to see the guys....hopefully.
*sings*
There is no failure here, Sweet Tart, only when you quit

:wink: sorry, that HAD to be done.

nbcrusader said:

We will likely go to the Los Angeles show to celebrate our 15th anniversary (that means $$$ seats, no GA)

:cute:
I'm going to have to drag my husband to see U2. :mad:

I would use the pre-sale for GA tickets to San Diego if I were you, since I think decent seats (to the LA show) will be easier to get in the general sale. I could be wrong, though. :shrug:

Use the code to get the GAs. At least that way you know exactly what tickets you are getting.

With the others, you can never be sure you'll get GREAT seats.

Use your code for the San Diego concert as those tickets will be the most difficult to get.

When tickets come on sale for the anniversary show buy them online and hope for the best.

Wait for an added concert to be announced and be waiting at ticketmaster.com to buy those tickets.

Good luck

I'm hoping for 2 Vancouver shows :crossesfingerssmilie:

i'm praying mr MSG tickets with teh general sale. it's my only chance to see them this leg of the tour.

ps...thanks foe the tune sallycinnamon78 :D

Well, if you view all the threads in the Tour Discussion area, you will know what a cluster :censored: this was.

I ended up with two nosebleed seats at Staples.

I will try and upgrade.

Take your kids to the one that falls on your time with them...otherwise if you don't everyone will tell you how great it was that they played 'Acrobat' and then went through ALL your favourite songs...! :wink:

nbcrusader said:
Well, if you view all the threads in the Tour Discussion area, you will know what a cluster :censored: this was.

I ended up with two nosebleed seats at Staples.

I will try and upgrade.

Looks to me like you can't get any higher UP-grade! sorry..we've got our own horror stories...like BAW one click away from two seats in the 100's at Staples Center only to have "Sorry, Internal Error..." and the loss of the "secret code"...

:bullshit: to this entire sham of ticket sales!

They aren't even coming within 500 miles of me and I no longer have credit cards to go chasing them down :sigh: If they don't do DC or Baltimore I'm afraid I'm gonna miss out :sad:

U2Kitten said:
They aren't even coming within 500 miles of me and I no longer have credit cards to go chasing them down :sigh: If they don't do DC or Baltimore I'm afraid I'm gonna miss out :sad:

Where do you usually see them? What city is closest? Maybe they'll come closer on the third leg. They won't hit Ontario until then, so I guess we're both playing the waiting game. That's probably a good thing; the ticket fiasco should be sorted by then, I hope! I just wonder when the tickets will go on sale for the fall dates. If it's late July or any time in August, I won't be able to use the code I got from U2.com; I'll be away with no access to a computer. Kitty, if I find I won't be able to use it, I'd gladly give it to you if there's a way that can be arranged.

Back
Top Bottom