Too Late for Prayer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've copied this Doozer's journal..."I spoke to Shawn (Eddie's friend) and he said tonight was not a good night to visit and that he does not think Eddie will last the week. The morphine is only drugging him and he is quite agitated so they are giving him Adavan as well. He is not eating." :sad:

Char, DMP and I visited Eddie yesterday and it brought back immediate memories of my father; Eddie was in such a deep-sleep, yet he opened his eye when he heard my voice..we told him to rest, he had visitors earlier in the day...his breathing is labored, his skin is pale and his once-chiseled face is fading..we're losing him, he's given up the fight...this is not supposed to happen to our children; he is my #1 nephew and my memories of his childhood are vivid...

I'm asking that we continue to pray for a painless ride ...

Thank you for all the prayers for My cousin Eddie. We went to see him, and I kissed his forehead and told him I loved him very much. I just wish he could spring back up from the bed and chase me and hold my head by the toilet and tell me I was gonna get flushed all the way down like he used to when I was a kid.

I went to see him at lunch today. He is very uncomfortable right now, although his mind is sharp. He was able to talk to me on the phone and tell me the directions to the house. He also asked for a jamba juice, which I did not hear. When I got to the house, he asked where his jamba juice was. :reject: Anyway, we did go and get him one. It is really hard to seem him like this. The pain meds are not working and he is afraid to go to sleep so he is not getting any rest. The good thing was that he drank two glasses of orange juice, ate a cut up apple and had jamba juice today.

I will probably go see him again on Friday. Hopefully they will find the right med combo for him so he can relax and get some rest.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your kind words, prayers and postive thoughts.

Eddie passed away this afternoon around 2:30...it hasn't really sunk in yet so I can't say much more right now. I don't think any of us who loved him want to remember him sick and in pain so here are a few pics of our Eddie, happy and healthy with the 2 people who meant the most to him in this world.

Devotion doesn't even come close in describing how they both loved him and took care of him, right up until the end.

Thank you Jeff and Shawn :heart:

eddiejeff.jpg

eddieshawn.jpg

I'm so sorry. My condolences to all who loved Eddie.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I guess if he were here right now, I would say thank you for always being the best cousin ever. Always a blast at parties. I always looked up to you cause you were the most generous and kind person. I always looked forward to every Christmas cause I always got to sit at the COOL table with you. Im so glad I got to be with you this week. Im so glad that you wore the shirt I bought you for 3 day's in a row. I miss you so much already. You will never leave the hearts that you have touched so much in this great life that you have lived. You have always put a smile on everyone's faces that ever met you. I love you.

OMG, I am sorry to hear about Eddie! I know what its like loosing a loved one around the holidays...I hope that you can celebrate his strength and courage during this time. Love to you all, :hug:

Back
Top Bottom