to the military i go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I suddenly realized today I have less than a month to go before I enlist (Jan 11).

One of my friends is already in, being overweight and in the extra 'physical training phase'.

Four of my best mates are going in this weekend because they failed the physical fitness test and they've got a 'physical training phase' as well, just slightly shorter.

I remember I posted a thread here when I first registered all those years ago talking about my anxiety.

Well I'm anxious now.

Seems like I've read your posts since you were a wee little one...go forth Yertle and give it all you've got! :up:

Why not give us a synopsis of what your favorite memories of Interference have been? come on, don't make me say PLEASE! :BEGS:

man, i remember having a conversation about compulsory military service ages ago. i think it was in between bashing the ataris and listening to the clash.

:hug: good luck, yertle.

With many thanks to all for the well-wishes.

There's still time left to enjoy myself, but it's starting to hit home. My friend goes in tomorrow, four more on Saturday.

You're going to be just fine, turtle friend. All of us here love you and will be thinking happy, music-induced thoughts and sending Manic vibes your way. :hug:

Will you still be able to post after you go?

yertle! I hope the time passes as quickly as it did since you first posted your anxiety about going, which seems like only a couple of months ago.

:hug:

HG: I will be confined for two weeks on an offshore island, and thereafter I will be away on weekdays and return on weekends. This is for basic military training only, afterwards I'll get posted to a unit, no idea what will happen then.

Ah, thanks for the info.

If it makes you feel any better or any more hopeful for a positive outcome...both of my parents were in the military (that's how they met), and even my yoga teacher was in the military. All of them, you'd never know they were in the military, and they all say they got a lot of value out of it. I guess my point is, maybe you'll find something valuable in your experience that will be positive and stay with you forever...some good friends, etc.

Again, I'll be sending good vibes your way. :hug:

Hey, look on the bright side! At least you're not in the American military! Then you'd be in Iraq!

Of course, if we had involuntary service or the draft, we wouldn't be there in the first place but whatever! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom