To all of the mothers on here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no its like shitting out a pineapple!

i had 2 natural births with my boys, somewhat long and painful ( but not that bad really compared to some horrific birth stories i hear) and am about to drop number 3 at any time from now, planning a natural waterbirth . pain doesn't worry me particulalry , more worried about interfering hospital staff and the threat of an epidural or c section. DO NOT WANT ! :yikes:

have done a lot of preparation during this pregnancy to help the natural processes along, still doing yoga, walking and some belly dance and lots of meditation and visualisation. as long as i can get it kickstarted naturally and not go too long overdue i will be happy.

pineapples :yikes:

good luck :hug: can't wait to hear all about your newest bundle of scrunchy scrinchy gorgeousness :) . . . nice timing too . . . by the time the lads touch down you'll be ready to partay :sexywink:

I'd better get those knitting needles clacking!! :ohmy:

good luck with the birth :hug::hug:

don't forget to share aaall the details

knitting :cute:

you sure you really want all the details . . .the horror hemmarhoids (that my girlfriends doc referred to as "her bunch of grapes" :lol:) the stitches in places that should never see needles, nipples so sore and cracked that they want to scratch your babies eyes out when they try to latch on . . . some things are just better left unsaid (and unvisualised :uhoh:) :laugh:

Good luck with the birth Jen! :hug:

I have to say reading these stories makes me never want to give birth lol. However I do love babies :cute:

To all of the mother's here I give you so much credit for what you went through :hug:

no its like shitting out a pineapple!

i had 2 natural births with my boys, somewhat long and painful ( but not that bad really compared to some horrific birth stories i hear) and am about to drop number 3 at any time from now, planning a natural waterbirth . pain doesn't worry me particulalry , more worried about interfering hospital staff and the threat of an epidural or c section. DO NOT WANT ! :yikes:

have done a lot of preparation during this pregnancy to help the natural processes along, still doing yoga, walking and some belly dance and lots of meditation and visualisation. as long as i can get it kickstarted naturally and not go too long overdue i will be happy.

Good lord, Jen, are you still pregnant? :lol: I've been off here for too long. I'd just figured you'd had her by now. How are you going with it? Surely she's close now?
:hug:

I've had 4 caesars. I'd be terrified of a natural birth. Mine were all emergency c's. I'd known all along they would be, but the doctors humoured me and said I'd get a date booked close to 37 or so weeks. I never got to 37 weeks with any of them though. For me the time in hospital was the worst. 3 weeks in hospital feels like a prison sentence, especially when you end up getting day release for family visits and daylight, etc. God, I hate hospitals.

.... anyway, I suspect that it's not so much that you forget the pain and trauma, but more that it just doesn't matter much after they're born. You got through it, you feel great after a while, everything (hopefully) works out. You just stop caring about the sickness, the complications, the pain, the stress and trauma. Besides, the washing machine has just finished, baby wants a feed, but baby has pooed all over the cot and now needs a bath, the phone rings and then the smoke alarm goes off because you're burning the casserole in the oven that you've tried to make early so that you're organised for the evening rush with homework and baths and so on, but now your mother is still on the phone saying, "oh, it sounds like you're busy - should I ring back? I always ring at the wrong time. I should come over and help you. I can do your housework for you, while you have a nap or something. Is that [baby] I can hear crying? And what is that alarm? Is it the smoke alarm?? Are you OK??? Should I call 000 for you? Tell me what's going on!!!"

:lol:

3 weeks in hospital feels like a prison sentence, especially when you end up getting day release for family visits and daylight, etc. God, I hate hospitals.

I can't even imagine! :shudder: I was confined to "complete bed rest" from 10 weeks before my due date (high blood pressure) - which turned out to be 13 weeks because she was 3 weeks late - but at least that was at home. I had it checked daily by nurses who made home visits, so I got to know when it wasn't *too* bad, and could be up and around at least a little some days.

.... anyway, I suspect that it's not so much that you forget the pain and trauma, but more that it just doesn't matter much after they're born. You got through it, you feel great after a while, everything (hopefully) works out. You just stop caring about the sickness, the complications, the pain, the stress and trauma. Besides, the washing machine has just finished, baby wants a feed, but baby has pooed all over the cot and now needs a bath, the phone rings and then the smoke alarm goes off because you're burning the casserole in the oven that you've tried to make early so that you're organised for the evening rush with homework and baths and so on, but now your mother is still on the phone saying, "oh, it sounds like you're busy - should I ring back? I always ring at the wrong time. I should come over and help you. I can do your housework for you, while you have a nap or something. Is that [baby] I can hear crying? And what is that alarm? Is it the smoke alarm?? Are you OK??? Should I call 000 for you? Tell me what's going on!!!"

Going through that stuff with just one mostly made me feel really inept, and doubt my ability to go through it while juggling additional infants/children. Mine hardly slept till she was 3. It seems like those are my "lost" years, I mostly wandered around in a haze, akin to some drug-fueled binge. :lol: Hats off to those of you who do manage it, though. :up:

Good lord, Jen, are you still pregnant? :lol: I've been off here for too long. I'd just figured you'd had her by now. How are you going with it? Surely she's close now?

I've had 4 caesars. I'd be terrified of a natural birth. Mine were all emergency c's. I'd known all along they would be, but the doctors humoured me and said I'd get a date booked close to 37 or so weeks. I never got to 37 weeks with any of them though. For me the time in hospital was the worst. 3 weeks in hospital feels like a prison sentence, especially when you end up getting day release for family visits and daylight, etc. God, I hate hospitals.

:shifty: methinks you stole my life . . . except for the 4 children / 4 caesars and awful hospital stays :hug: . . . there are some days were I am not smug, but I am kinda proud of myself for having made it through those early years with my sense of humour and self relatively intact and my husbands head still full of all his teeth :p :laugh: :D . . . in fact I think all mummies deserve a purple star and a pat on the back from time to time . . . cuz we do rock :sexywink:

Hi anna, nice to see you !
well im overdue now bagh :angry: going for acupuncture friday preying it gets things going , a medical induction is soooooooooooo NOT what i want, and we are trying everything to get things going.

i would have till about the the 9th and then they will induce . :crack:

and oh god - my mother yes i can sympathise with the phone calls while im in the middle of somehting and all hell breaking loose. she is bugging the hell out of me at the moment. highly tempting to turn off all phones and not leave the house for the next week.

Hey guys, im back ,
the acupuncture worked a treat!
3.5 hour labour, no drugs, no problems, delivered standing . highly reccomend hypnobirthing techniques to anyone planning a pregnancy and natural birth . and yoga, do lots of yoga.

baby Meagan Anne was 9 pound 5 ounces, and is doing well.

Awesome, Jen, congrats. :D

A 9 1/2 lb pineapple...naturally...you deserve a medal!

This is a really nice mom thread. Generally I have to admit though that IRL I actively avoid most moms or at least mommy discussions and most of all, mommy bloggers.

Came across too many ridiculous mompetitors. I'm sure you all can relate even if you don't have kids. :lmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikvcS3Oe-oA&feature=player_embedded

I only read the first two pages and… :yikes:

The more I learn about pregnancy and childbirth, the less I want to do it. I can't see why a person would voluntarily go through something like that; but I hate needles, can't swallow pills, and am squeamish, so I try to avoid a lot of medical procedures, anyway. I could hardly take it when I got my "ladies' exam" last year, so there's no way I'd want to get pregnant and go through even more of that sort of thing. :no:

Back
Top Bottom