This should be illegal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Yesterday I was driving behind 3 grungy looking guys in a beat up truck going very slow. When I got the broken line on my side, I tried to pass them, seeing a car far ahead in my lane but knowing I could make it. But when I got beside the truck, he sped up! I looked over at him and he was laughing! The car in the other lane was approaching too close now so I decided to drop back in behind the truck. But the fucker kept right beside me so I couldn't get back, all 3 in the truck still laughing! At the last minute I had to literally slam on my brakes and as he rolled ahead I got back in behind him. There was no shoulder on the opposite side of the road, just a ditch. After I was behind him, he sped up way faster than I had been going! But when I got up to his back end again, he slowed down really slow again! They were total assholes and if what they did isn't illegal it should be, they literally could have killed me, and then laughed. No matter how much of an ass someone is, (which I was not) I would never box them like that, I don't want their death on my hands. How could anyone do that? Anybody else ever have this problem?

The exact same thing happened to me, except it was two rich looking assholes in a really nice truck :rolleyes:
I really did almost get killed because they would NOT let me back into the lane. The person in the other lane coming towards me (a really big truck) ended up having to swerve around me to avoid a head on.
Those guys were honestly willing to kill me just to be assholes

i am certain that would be construed as wreckless driving. certainly a ticketable offense if observed.

While they are driving really slowly in front of you, get their license number and description of them and the car. Then call the police. Probably won't really accomplish anything, but then again maybe if they are such stupid fuckers they've done other illegal stuff in the past and perhaps your could be the call to stop them. But don't do any of this if you feel it puts you in danger....you have to make sure you are safe first.

Also, turn off that road into another road you know as soon as possible to get away from them. You really don't want to be anywhere close to them.

Definitely reckless driving, and definitely an offence. I'm glad you're ok mate.
Something similar happened to me once. usual thing with some dicksmack braking and speeding up in front of me.

Someone told me once that here, if a driver has 3 unrelated reports of bad driving made to the police, it gets investigated. Worth noting if it's the case where you live too.

The best thing to do is what Indra said. Just turn off the road and get away from them. I have had this happen to me before but the guys were in the back of truck and they were making sexual gestures. I just turned off into a gas station and waited a while and then went on my way.

Thanks everyone :hug: I did turn off as fast as I could, (I was about to my turnoff anyway) but it still scares me he could have killed me right there in that one spot. I was too upset and didn't think to get his plate #, or have time, but if I see him again I will look for it!

I probably curse while driving at least 5 times a day :angry:

People just dont freaking know how to drive or dont give a crap.

Mrs. Edge said:
This is the kind of thing that makes me scared of learning to drive. :(

But at least you'd be in the car. I really don't mind having to walk everywhere, but some people don't even know basic road rules and I can barely walk a few blocks without risking my life these days. This happens to me AT LEAST three times a day.....I am walking and I come to where I have to cross a side street. A car comes at the same time, or is already there. This car wants to turn right (I'm walking towards their right side). So, since they only care about themselves and aparently their mother never taught them to look BOTH ways, they pull way up so they're completely blocking where I cross. Then, they sit there forever and never move b/c they are only looking to their left. So, even though I am going STRAIGHT and have the right of way, I have to stand there and wait for all the traffic to clear so they can get their damn ass out of my way. Please people, just because you are driving DOES NOT automatically give you the right of way.

It's been a while, but I remember learning in high school, maybe driver's ed, that it IS illegal to speed up while being passed. That is such a scary thing that happened, and it honestly never occurred to me that someone would take it to that extent. How sad and disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom