This REALLY Irks Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:

April...I think everyone is agreeing with you and your stance here. I think there were a few posts after your initial post (before your clarification) that stated ALL flirting by married people was wrong. I think that is what people had a problem with.

Indeed. I'm sorry if you think that a post of mine is where the thread "got out of hand." I was responding to the thread in general, not just your first post. :huh: Or maybe your out of hand remark is more about the definition of flirting. :der:

Angela Harlem said:
I think the exact opposite of BLS :D There are things I say to my husband that I would never say to another man. Y'all dont need examples :D Ahh semantics, sorry lol bls!

Reading this, I'm not sure if you caught my drift Angie - I just meant that I would not say/do anything to/with a guy if I would be uncomfortable having my husband hearing/watching.

If that makes any sense :shrug:

bonosloveslave said:

Reading this, I'm not sure if you caught my drift Angie - I just meant that I would not say/do anything to/with a guy if I would be uncomfortable having my husband hearing/watching.

If that makes any sense :shrug:

Hehe sorry, I understood what you meant I was just being silly and twisting it around :sexywink:

Its all good!

:wave:

what about the operation? doesn't every married person have the operation?

as many ways to live as there are people on the planet
3 sides to every story, yours , mine and the truth

lots of wise and/or interesting words have been spoken here. I'm glad the thread was re-opened.
I just saw a newspaper headline"Disobedient Bono"
Michael Hutchence had a song on his album called "she flirts for england" ( about Paula)
y'all safe from me anyways, if it helps you to know that. Till death do us part...I'd kill him if he had an affair!!!

they used to say there are plenty more fish in the ocean...but that's just not true anymore. Sad eh?

Good luck.

Diemen said:
"There is no such thing as innocent flirting." Bullshit. If both parties know it's just for fun and isn't going anywhere, it's innocent flirting, regardless of your marital status.

:yes: but in the blink of an eye :sexywink: innocent flirting can spiral out of control and go somewhere that you did not intend.

The flesh is weak. :|

diamond said:
What BLS said.
No secrets.
Loyality is paramount in a healthy relationship.

DB9

I don't necessarily equate loyalty with sexual fidelity.

But that's me. And a whole other subject.

bluephisto said:
I just don't see WHY someone would need the affirmation that they're still sexually attractive from someone they're not married to, why CARE? Maybe I'm weird.

Everyone knows you're weird anyway, bluey! :p :D

This is a good question...and everyone is different. I think I may have some major psychological issues or something....perhaps stemming from my total ostracization in public school (not looking for sympathy, just a theory) where now I treasure my friends beyond belief, and if a man (but especially one I am attracted to) says that he thinks I am attractive I finally feel worthwhile.

Somehow, when your husband says you are attractive (and mine doesn't that often, wonderful though he is), it doesn't really count, because it's his "job" to say that. Almost like when your mom told you you looked pretty that didn't count either. What counted was what the boys at school thought.

Probably totally pathetic, but that's my theory anyway.......

I don't really pay any attention to any man's compliments to tell you the truth, unless they're gay AND have really good taste. Even then, it doesn't mean as much as an attractive woman's compliments. When the competition thinks you look good, then you know you look good. Usually. :)

Sorry, off topic again, but it's still a good thread. :up:

Elvis said:
My friend had commented on this same subject once and she said "single guys flirt with married girls, and im JEALOUS"... I guess thats another twist to all this? lol.

My hubby had an interesting spin on this discussion over a pint last night and I have to agree...singles (both genders) often flirt playfully with marrieds BECAUSE they are married, meaning it's "safe", the line in the sand is already drawn, just having fun without fear of misunderstandings, expectations or rejection.

I would also add that maybe it's good target practice for going "live" with other singles lol. Good way to find out which lines are the most lame without blowing an opportunity!!

joyfulgirl said:
Sorry, off topic again, but it's still a good thread. :up:

IMHO, none of this entire thread has been off-topic lol...there having been interesting spins, but it has all been about the issue of attached ppl flirting. Lots of good, respectful discussion :up:

joyfulgirl said:
I don't really pay any attention to any man's compliments to tell you the truth, unless they're gay AND have really good taste.

This is going to sound horribly flirtatious, but it has to be said.....if a man is complimenting you, I would say they have good taste.

:eek:

Now I realize what I said sounded vain but I didn't mean it that way. A lot of times I get complimented by men (including my gay friends who, by stereotype, are 'supposed' to have fashionable taste but don't always) on clothing or bad haircuts that my fashion-conscious self knows is out of style and looks dumb so I don't pay much attention to them but am glad they think I look nice nonetheless with my dumb outfit and bad hair :lol: . But when a fashionable woman friend compliments me, it carries more weight. That's all.

So you're visiting when...?
:flirt:

EPandAmerica said:

:yes: but in the blink of an eye :sexywink: innocent flirting can spiral out of control and go somewhere that you did not intend.

The flesh is weak. :|

I know what you mean, but for argument's sake I disagree. Innocent flirting never spirals out of control cause its....(wait for it)...innocent. :) If flirting spirals out of control then it was never really innocent to begin with.

There has to be a seed of doubt for the tree to grow. :D

I've got some female friends, which for purposes of this discussion, I've known pretty much all my life. These 'some' are now married, and with children. happily married. Yet, because of the extremely close bond, long friendship, etc.... they flirt with me, when I see or talk to them, constantly. Why? My guess... is because they feel completely comfortable with me, KNOW that it is innocent flirting because we're already so close, they have nothing to fear of someone having the wrong idea, no threat.... and they get that extra lil attention that all human beings crave. Their husbands don't wink an eye about it, why? My educated guess... because they know very well how long/deep my friendship is with each of these women, because these women have communicated that with their husbands.

You only hide something when you fear it being discovered.
If it's innocent, one wouldn't need to hide anything.

Back
Top Bottom