This only proves my point....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yes, I am being trivial, but this does prove my point....why was my other thread closed within less than five minutes...

I have stated...

"As soon as someone starts to question this, you shut down their threads or make some remark about how such opinions are not helping matters..."

I thought that the nature of Zoo Confessionals was for if you wanted to get something personal off your chest...but to whoever did this, it only makes me feel better in my decisions...

It makes me wonder if this place is turning into a totalitarian state- you may only have one view point and that is whatever Elvis deems to be the 'truth', anything other than that will be deemed a 'spin off' thread and CLOSED!!!!

OzAurora said:
you may only have one view point and that is whatever Elvis deems to be the 'truth', anything other than that will be deemed a 'spin off' thread and CLOSED!!!!

If only we actually had that view point, instead of endless official posts saying absolutely nothing.

I will relate this to how so many of those christians must of felt pissed of when they found out that those bleeding statues were in fact, fakes. U2 is probably the closest thing I have to a religion and to play with that is just wrong and then to take money for it, well that is even more wrong....I am very annoyed at what has happens, maybe if it had been a one of post on April Fools day, well maybe then it could be funny, but it has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond that and it aint funny and the way that it has been handled or lack thereof by Elvis, is what I think most people are pissed off about. I think we can accept that it aint Edge and never was, but to be lied to by someone whom you trusted and in a lot of cases gave hard earnt cash too, is what is making me angry:mad:

meegannie said:

If only we actually had that view point, instead of endless official posts saying absolutely nothing.

People are saying things that have points, but the threads get closed immediately. I believe an uprising is trying to be prevented.

I actually quoted you today about how you were saying you just paid and they you were gullabe (I can't spell). I thought it was him too, someone opened my eyes about a week ago but I wanted to believe it. I also think it is terrible and this should of never been allowed to continue on.

However, I didn't join this place because I thought one day someone from the band would post. I did it to meet other nice people that loved U2 like I did. I am like you in that U2 is my religion. I know that there are so many other web sites to go to but I guess I am now comfortable here. Maybe next year I will re-think membership.

I just wanted to send out a :hug: and let you know I understand what you are saying.

I posted the info to U2Wire...so maybe it can be discussed there. Or maybe someone should start an EZboard. They are just going to keep shutting down the threads and or moving them. The original thread is in the Lemonade Stand? WTF?

OzAurora said:
I will relate this to how so many of those christians must of felt pissed of when they found out that those bleeding statues were in fact, fakes. U2 is probably the closest thing I have to a religion and to play with that is just wrong and then to take money for it, well that is even more wrong....I am very annoyed at what has happens, maybe if it had been a one of post on April Fools day, well maybe then it could be funny, but it has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond that and it aint funny and the way that it has been handled or lack thereof by Elvis, is what I think most people are pissed off about. I think we can accept that it aint Edge and never was, but to be lied to by someone whom you trusted and in a lot of cases gave hard earnt cash too, is what is making me angry:mad:

i agree with you 200000%. :up: :madspit:

just when we were all bowing to the mastery of interference.

See, I don't think is or ever has been about The Edge. Elvis keeps saying we need to stop making assumptions while he figures things out.....what's to figure out besides the most appropriate way to apologize? We're beyond caring whether or not Edge has ever posted here. I demand to know why the administration of this forum are such pansies!

this whole thing is an embarrassment. whether edge is fake or not.

In one of the Zoo confessionals thread Elvis said "assumptions aren't helping".

Fair enough, but why are so many threads about the Edge being Edge or not being closed without debating and answers we all hope for?
Lack of info on his/mods involved part, and the thread closing isn't helping the assumption rate increase... BTW I doubt Elvis and certain members of the administration (Katey) could be fooled/were not involved.

See you on atU2.com

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
See, I don't think is or ever has been about The Edge. Elvis keeps saying we need to stop making assumptions while he figures things out.....what's to figure out besides the most appropriate way to apologize? We're beyond caring whether or not Edge has ever posted here. I demand to know why the administration of this forum are such pansies!

This is one of the most important posts I've so far read on this topic.

I'm still trying to figure out why there was no interest (well, not in a positive manner anyway) in any comments that suggested this wasn't really The Edge weeks ago

this could have been prevented if there had been any willingness to listen back then
instead of stroking your own ego until you burst

Back
Top Bottom