This only proves my point....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oz just lemme say that your thread saying that you are leaving being closed REALLY pissed me off. There's simply no need for that.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Ugh, did anyone else get an e-mail from Joel about two free months of Premium Membership? Sorry, my trust and respect cannot be bought.....

Hey, Elvis/Joel, I'll take all the two free months premium membership offers others have declined! :D All those declined offers combined could really add up. Hell, I'm not proud...I'm willing to get a few years of freebie membership. It would be great -- for each free year I would save nearly enough to see a Church gig! Yay! Let me know, OK?

My 2 cents:

I am not up in arms about this.

Part of the reason is that I just don't care that much if Edge posts here or not. I realise some do, so it is a big thing for them. My own feeling is that there has been some over reaction.

Thats said, people do deserve the truth. The admin here have screwed up royally. However, I have been able to forgive things much worse than this carried out by people who mean far much more to me.

What I get from this place far outweighs my irritation with the way this has been handled.

And before anyone points it out, I have invested neither time nor money in this place, so I do realise my experience is not that of those who have.

Ugh, did anyone else get an e-mail from Joel about two free months of Premium Membership? Sorry, my trust and respect cannot be bought.....

:tsk: wow.

I wonder if Joel and the staff will get into serious trouble for faking The Edge and two interviews, it is the least they deserve. :rant: :madspit:

And Oz, it made me really mad to see that your thread was closed just like that. :mad:

martha said:
Lotsa folks keep posting about how they're leaving.

But then they keep posting.

About how they're leaving.

Blue crack must be very addictive.

There is a guy on another board I like, and he pulls his "you people are so evil, I am leaving for good!" stunt two to three times a year. :rolleyes: Never fails to post this long list of demands, complaints, and his usual rants. And then a month or so later he comes waltzing back. We no longer get our hopes up that he will stay gone anymore. Now we just wait for his semi-annual "wahwah" posts. Actually it's pretty funny.

Last edited:
I was more upset about Salome and Angela leaving than I was about the fake Edge which I, for some reason, don't care about at all. I guess I don't feel lied to or manipulated because I didn't pay much attention. :shrug: I guess I just stay on the periphery of things here enough to have fun but not get too involved.

unless I've missed some threads in a secret forum that I'm not aware off there aren't that many people who have stated they'll leave

I think I can come up with 3 names and I haven't seen any of them post since

but I'm quite sure that I'm just bitter & wrong :up:

joyfulgirl said:
I was more upset about Salome and Angela leaving than I was about the fake Edge which I, for some reason, don't care about at all. I guess I don't feel lied to or manipulated because I didn't pay much attention. :shrug: I guess I just stay on the periphery of things here enough to have fun but not get too involved.

:hug:

Dear lord, tell me you're joking.

Joel, not only is this an insult to your Premium Members by buying them off, but it's a slap in the face to your non-premiums. Many of the patrons here have chosen not to comment during the recent turn of events--are 'premium' opinions (or non opinions) worth perhaps, more than any non-premiums?

(and this isn't a post abotu me being disgruntled and non-prem).

However, perhaps I should consider myself lucky that you have chosen not to insult my intelligence with such infantile measures.

Back
Top Bottom