This is driving me nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Last weekend (May 13-16) I took a trip to New York City for my sister's wedding party. It was a really, really hard trip. I came home drained big time, I was exhausted. Then some people got on my case about a commitment I had made. Well, sort of. I was supposed to help out at a great big Renaissance Faire thing the first weekend of June, and we were starting planning up meetings. I was so exhausted from the trip to New York that I didn't feel like going through all of the nerves, etc, etc, that would be involved in the trip, including twelve hours of driving in three days. I got out of the trip; I just didn't feel like I had the stamina to do it. Yesterday I missed the planning meeting; I caught a virus and couldn't make the hour-long trip to it. I feel like a dirty rat, having bailed out of the whole thing. My group isn't big and they need help with this faire, but I just didn't think I could do it. Is this wrong?

Not at all.... I'm in a similar situation, I'm having troubles to do all the things I have to do, and I'm sick too. I had to say no to a package of illustracions from the publishing house (a big one :uhoh: ) cuz I can't draw them this week and I have to finish a book for a workshop, I have a virus too (we are in winter now) and I haven't sleep well in weeks. :sigh:

anyway... I know that it is frustrating to not be in all the places that you are required but I think that your friends in the Faire group will understand your situation. :hug:

hope you get better :)...

lore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm really depressed right now, I think it has to do with having fever, this makes me feel better.

tiny dancer said:
There are times when you have to think about yourself ,especially when it comes to your health.

Good advice. Something it only took me 50some years to figure out.

I went to 3 U2 shows in one week, in different states, returned with a horrible case of strep throat and missed a week of work, after having just been out a week, and missed an important business trip. I felt like such a loser because I so rarely get sick but you know sometimes you just have to let it all go. There was not a damn thing I could do about it but stay home and take care of myself. It meant that a colleague had to work harder but I couldn't help that either.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom