Thinking of the J-Lo Bono duet makes me cry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theres no reason why this thread should be closed.

i fucking hate pleba, but i dont see all those stories about bono boning edge getting closed.

it goes both ways.

headache, i share your pain.

it's really not actually a confession, either.

a confession is something you are afraid to tell other people.

this is something i would shout in the streets.

gickies:hug:
j-chunkyness:hug:
ms velvet:hug:

the rest of u..
:hug:

im trying to be a darn good poser:angry:

thank u

di-mod.

Gickies Gageeze said:
theres no reason why this thread should be closed.

i fucking hate pleba, but i dont see all those stories about bono boning edge getting closed.

it goes both ways.

i agree on everything said here.

be strong people. theres a lot of obsessed people here who think youve gotta go with whatever u2 does and to disagree with their decisions is sac-religous. make up your own minds.

thanks for the hug diamond. :wink:

Ha. Your sarcasm is shining as bright as usual Wanderah. I dont get what all the fuss is over people thinking its a bad idea. The duet IS a bad idea, in my mind. The cause is not, charity is a good thing, but who here can honestly say they like this idea because they like J-Lo? Not many of us. That only leaves Bono. I dont like Bono enough to think this justifies a duet with a singer I personally dont like. To be honest, I dont really care who he sings with, but I dont like J-Lo, so expect I wont like this either, but I'll wait and see.
But that said, I'm not going to seek the single out when its released, nor will I purposely avoid it. I dont like J-Lo, and if I dont like the song when I finally hear it, I'm not going to pretend to unless its good.
All we can all talk about at this stage is the concept. We'll have to wait for judgement on the song. But I reckon the concept sucks.

Imo.

not again...

Gickies Gageeze said:
be strong people. theres a lot of obsessed people here who think youve gotta go with whatever u2 does and to disagree with their decisions is sac-religous. make up your own minds.

There's also a lot of people here who think you have to oppose Bono's decisions - anything from his political side to his solo musical things - (actually, while we're at it, interesting those would be the same people often who bash U2's music lately) and oppose music collaborations if it involves "uncool" mainstream artists. (before even hearing the song - so much for making up your own mind)

I agree with Angela: the cause is what matters here.

*edit*: I really think there are a very few people who go with everything U2 did in the past anyway.

Last edited:
u2girl, i dontthink really understand what were saying. u2 is as mainstream as it gets - and thats fine. there is such a thing as GOOD mainstream music. but there is also such a thing as absolute trash that is the bile of the industry - and j. lo is the epitimy of it.

Bono knows what he is doing. Lets give him credit for being smart. So whatever comes out of this collaboration should be interesting if nothing else!!!

Gickies Gageeze said:
u2girl, i dontthink really understand what were saying. u2 is as mainstream as it gets - and thats fine. there is such a thing as GOOD mainstream music. but there is also such a thing as absolute trash that is the bile of the industry - and j. lo is the epitimy of it.

:up:

Gickies Gageeze said:

Hm...whoever said there's no such thing as good mainstream music?

I'm just saying it's Bono's business what he does (be it politics or music), and I don't see why it should be shredded to pieces in advance - especially considering it's for a good cause. If there was What's going on with far less annoyance from people I don't see why all the bashing now.

(btw there's a difference between saying "I don't like J. Lo's music" and "she's a skank". Using the skank logic would be like saying a member of a rock band can't have a normal family life, or can't be faithful)

j. lo cant have a normal family life and is a skank because shes gone through more men than a diarreah-stricken man goes through toilet paper.

and no, its not his business, wanna know why? because he tries and makes it his fans business too. he wants us to buy the single, and theres no chance of that happening over here at my end. do i need to hear the song to know it will suck? i could answer that by asking, do you think the weather will be cold in alaska in december?

Gickies Gageeze said:
j. lo cant have a normal family life and is a skank because shes gone through more men than a diarreah-stricken man goes through toilet paper.

:lmao:

...and yes I find this whole jennifer lopez duet thing quite unsettling indeed. The other band members need to kick some sense into Bono I think, before he ends up making an ass out of himself.

I agree with yeah headache. I'm sorry, I can not see any positive things out of this. Yes, it's for charity, but come on! Bono could have chosen to work with someone else not JLO. I mean JLO, she has to be one of the least talented artists out there.

I don't buy the "bono is smart... he knows what he is doing.." stuff either.. BLAH! I mean JLO??? J-freakin' LO!!!! Come on!!

I'm sorry, some of you can say "Oh its for charity its all good," but I just can't! :slant:

Also, I don't see why this thread should be closed... I don't even know why the othe thread was closed. Sometimes I just think threads are closed for stupid things. :slant: And the point about PLEBA was right on. Makes no sense, should go both ways.. but how many U2 slash threads are closed? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom