Thinking of the J-Lo Bono duet makes me cry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all i know is that when i hear j-lo sing, drops of blood beging to ooze out of my ears. bono's sung with actresses who think they can sing when they really can't before (see milla jovovich), but not on a mainstream everyone's going to be able to hear this over and over again level... here's to hoping it comes and goes with barely a whisper like the whole new day/net aid fiasco...
charity... good
bad duets meant to "get the message to the mainstream"... bad
songs sung by bono... good
songs "sung" by j-lo... bad
movies written and produced by bono... bad
movies ben affleck has been in since good will hunting... bad
we've finally found some common ground

Last edited:
Mrs. Vedder said:
I agree with yeah headache. I'm sorry, I can not see any positive things out of this. Yes, it's for charity, but come on! Bono could have chosen to work with someone else not JLO. I mean JLO, she has to be one of the least talented artists out there.

I don't buy the "bono is smart... he knows what he is doing.." stuff either.. BLAH! I mean JLO??? J-freakin' LO!!!! Come on!!

I'm sorry, some of you can say "Oh its for charity its all good," but I just can't! :slant:

Also, I don't see why this thread should be closed... I don't even know why the othe thread was closed. Sometimes I just think threads are closed for stupid things. :slant: And the point about PLEBA was right on. Makes no sense, should go both ways.. but how many U2 slash threads are closed? :rolleyes:

i seriously am in love with you. i love you for your views. i love you.

thank you for posting this.

j-lo.jpg

I think we should round up all the mods and shoot them
then we can go and piss and moan the entire day

Gickies Gageeze said:
j. lo cant have a normal family life and is a skank because shes gone through more men than a diarreah-stricken man goes through toilet paper.

and no, its not his business, wanna know why? because he tries and makes it his fans business too. he wants us to buy the single, and theres no chance of that happening over here at my end. do i need to hear the song to know it will suck? i could answer that by asking, do you think the weather will be cold in alaska in december?

Erm...there's plenty of men (and women) out there who have been married more than once or had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend before settling down - not a crime.

Wants us to buy the single? Nope, he hopes to raise the awareness (and luckily, some money to help as well) of the whatever issue this duet will be done for.
However no one said anyone HAS to either buy it or not buy it.

Yes, hearing the song usually helps (and is generally required&fair) before any judgement is passed.

Oh yeah...if you want to complain about an actress who can't sing, what about Milla Jovovich on MDH soundtrack? I'm pretty sure this song can't be worse.

*edit* I don't see what PLEBA threads have to do with a music thread. Yes I read one or two dirty threads - and I won't go back to that part of PLEBA anymore. If you don't like what is posted there - just don't read.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
If you don't like what is posted there - just don't read.

that would be fair, but then that same rule should apply to the crybabies who dont like my threads. im not insinuating YOUR the crybaby either, im just saying.

I'm sure people do their best to not read potentially anger-ish (some would also say whiney) threads here.

Egotistical? Who?

Well, some people are better at ignoring/staying away from bad situations and some are still working on it. :shrug:

Salome said:
I think we should round up all the mods and shoot them
then we can go and piss and moan the entire day
perhaps we can even piss on their graves when we're done with them

anarchy!

dadoo's talking to himself again...

I don't understand why this thread sounds so angry :scratch:

Besides, isn't it rumoured that this duet will never see the light of day? Or that Bono and JLo just happened to be in the same studio one day and decided to duet. I don't think he specifically sought her out. :shrug: I don't know, I don't know.

There's a Bono/J-Lo duet?! :reject: (A couple of business trips and I am completely out of it.)

Dance pop aka J-Lo isn't my thing. But that's not to say she's not talented. I admire Bono for not being a music snob and just doing whatever the fuck he wants to do because he can and because it's fun.

So there.

joyfulgirl said:
There's a Bono/J-Lo duet?! :reject: (A couple of business trips and I am completely out of it.)

Dance pop aka J-Lo isn't my thing. But that's not to say she's not talented. I admire Bono for not being a music snob and just doing whatever the fuck he wants to do because he can and because it's fun.

So there.

this is exactly how i feel!

:up:

i found this.

----

J.Lo called 'monster'
Jennifer Lopez tops the list of "celebrity monsters," according to a new U.S. magazine.

According to Radar magazine, to be a celebrity monster someone has to have, "distinguished themselves in the areas of physical and verbal abuse, overweening arrogance, and by the imposition of a particularly nasty influence over the culture at large."

J.Lo is guilty of a "cynical bid for urban authenticity," Radar says, citing reports when J.Lo returned to her native Bronx to film a video, her guards shoved excited kids out of her way-- leaving one young fan in tears.

Radar also blasts filmmaker Michael Moore for acting like a working class man while owning a $1.27 US million apartment.

In MY opinion, its for a charity, its going to be interesting, and it does not bother me one bit that Bono and J-Lo will be doing a duet.

Bono could do a duet with the Queen if he wanted to, and Id still support his ass!

:applaud:

WAY TO GO BONO!!!!!!!

;)

Quano Abidji-Achibi said:
i found this.

----

J.Lo called 'monster'
Jennifer Lopez tops the list of "celebrity monsters," according to a new U.S. magazine.

According to Radar magazine, to be a celebrity monster someone has to have, "distinguished themselves in the areas of physical and verbal abuse, overweening arrogance, and by the imposition of a particularly nasty influence over the culture at large."

J.Lo is guilty of a "cynical bid for urban authenticity," Radar says, citing reports when J.Lo returned to her native Bronx to film a video, her guards shoved excited kids out of her way-- leaving one young fan in tears.

Radar also blasts filmmaker Michael Moore for acting like a working class man while owning a $1.27 US million apartment.

i should say i found this at www.canoe.ca, this morning.

I read about the shoving fans incident too. Blah.

There was a funny article the other day in our newspaper where the writer mentions the lines

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still I'm still Jenny from the block.

and adds "Of course you are from the Bronx, if not you wouldn't mention jewerly."

Back
Top Bottom