Things I Love: Part Love-Things-Like-Mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope eveeerryythiiingggg works oouutttt :D

I love that I got an internship w/ Louisiana Democrats teehee
Start Monday and, while it's not a paid internship, the guy that interviewed me did the internship thing last summer, soooo who knows :hmm:

It didn't sadly, didn't realise I was unaware that they were in a relationship already. Apparently told me when I was drunk couple weeks ago, so thought I was kidding about the date part and meant to go out as friends. :grumpy: Bugger.

But at least I tried, and that's what counts. First time I've asked someone out in two years so it's a start. :)

Fancy internship! Have fun with it! :D

Whoa... :ohmy: Yeah, it sucks that he was already w/ someone, buuuttt at least you asked! Were U 2 close? The only time I asked someone out that I didn't know beforehand was when I worked downtown at the court house--there was this really, really, really ridiculously good-looking redhead that came and, as she left, I just had to give her my number... and she responded by raising her hand to show a diamond ring :shifty: But she mentioned that she was flattered I asked, so it wasn't a TOTAL loss... but still, I felt pretty stupid at having not noticed the ring :doh:
Even so, I'm engaged now to a friggin' great lady, so it all worked out well in the end :wink:

And yes, at least you tried! I think I've let too many opportunities pass by out of fear of being rejected lol... but that unscratchable itch of not knowing "what might have been" is so much worse!

btw, I love having my wisdom teeth removed lol

I've known her from study related stuff. She's studying the same at our city's other university so we occasionally met at activities. It was the 2nd time I asked someone out in mmy life, and it did decrease my success rate from 100 to 50%. :lol: Ah well.

Shame she was married, but you're right, you tried and managed to ask her, which is the big part. Just daring to go out there. :)

Ooooh engaged eh? Nice! :D Well done.

:uhoh: You love it? Are you certifiably insane?

I love late nights at coffee shops, lucubrating, drinking cheap, caffeinated beverages, emptying your soul beneath a full moon to the sounds of repeated clicking from your keyboard. Good times, yo

Last edited:
I love writing at coffee shops after dark and everyone has left, listening to "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" as the moon hangs overhead--as the song goes--like a mirrorball.

If not for the giant fucking cock roach ~10ft from me, this would be my ideal writing environment 0:)

EDIT: ...aaand I just saw another dash across the patio. I'm out

Last edited:
I love men who can carry on good phone conversation. It's easier, I can start to feel so awkward and uncomfortable with that staring at each other thing. Oops where to look... There's someone in my life right now, I'm just crazy about his voice and the way he speaks to me on the phone. Even his voice mails are lovely to listen to.

It can be better than sex. Not talking about phone sex either.

I love that I'm a freaking superwoman, doing everything that I'm doing in my life right now. Even though I feel so sad, so lonely, and so kicked in the teeth and let down by others while doing all of it.

I feel like Wonder Woman, sadly I don't look like Gal Gadot at all.

I kinda love the musical, Hadestown. My wife was really interested in seeing it, so we made the drive (yes, *drive*) up to New York, and it's pretty great! My wife even managed to get a picture with Reeve Carney (honestly, I'm not sure who I'm more jealous of teehee)!20190323_232420.jpeg

Good job, Catman!
What are you congratulating me on? I wasn't in the show... [emoji14]

Also, I love that MsPurrl always seems to show an interest in people's various posts and musings around these parts (though lately it appears to just be me posting random junk in this neck of the form lol... it's like a ghost form :O)... <3

Genuinely curious if it's just me and you that occasionally scroll to the bottom of Interference. Hmmmm...

What are you congratulating me on? I wasn't in the show... [emoji14]

Also, I love that MsPurrl always seems to show an interest in people's various posts and musings around these parts (though lately it appears to just be me posting random junk in this neck of the form lol... it's like a ghost form :O)... <3

Genuinely curious if it's just me and you that occasionally scroll to the bottom of Interference. Hmmmm...

I basically look at Zoo Confessionals, PLEBA, and the Out of Control section of Lemonade Stand--a few of us still go there often. :wave:

Your wife is very cute Catman

Thanks, Captain Obvious...

lol jk [emoji14] What's really spiffy is that, prior to our dating, she never really listened to U2... Fast forward to today, and she just discovered that her paper analysing the band's I+E tour (when touring SoI) is receiving publication [emoji50] Kinda neat

I love getting together with my family for dinner on holidays. We eat, talk, and just really enjoy being together. :love:
Sounds like you all are really close, which is nice to hear! My dad's family flew in from New York this past Christmas, and it was a genuinely pleasant experience :)
But overall it's kind of a mixed bag in my family (especially after recent events), but I think one of my sisters is the main culprit: ever know someone who just always seems to gravitate towards drama? Anytime there's a fight/ feud in the family, there's a ~96.453% chance (I've done the research) that this particular sister is involved. So it goes.

Sounds like you all are really close, which is nice to hear! My dad's family flew in from New York this past Christmas, and it was a genuinely pleasant experience :)
But overall it's kind of a mixed bag in my family (especially after recent events), but I think one of my sisters is the main culprit: ever know someone who just always seems to gravitate towards drama? Anytime there's a fight/ feud in the family, there's a ~96.453% chance (I've done the research) that this particular sister is involved. So it goes.

Fortunately, all three of my siblings and I have always gotten along really well. One sister and her family now live in Florida, so it's a real event when we see them. The other sister and our brother live in the same city as I do, so we get together at least once a month. And we all like to travel together, in various groupings. :love:

Back
Top Bottom