Things I Hate, Spring Edition - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #841
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
I hate when people are condescending and when people insult my intelligence. It's a personality trait that's not gender dependent at all. But I get it more often from men than women, and have gotten it way too many times. Some men just like to do it to women, some are equal opportunity offenders.

I graduated from college summa cum laude and was asked to speak at my college graduation. I was way too shy and scared to do it so I said no. Answer would still be no. Granted that was a long time ago, but I don't think I've become progressively dumber since then. I'm smarter about myself and about analyzing the motives of others. But it still bugs me. Their problem not mine, but still bugs.
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #842
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 47,167
Local Time: 10:19 AM
I hate all of the sanctimonious "thoughts and prayers" tweeted by our so-called president every time there is another mass shooting in the U.S. And yet fuck-all is being done about it!
__________________

__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #843
War Child
 
TheGeekyU2Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Adam Stanheight and Dr Lawrence Gordon's Trap
Posts: 971
Local Time: 07:19 AM
I hate the fact that my grades are dropping in school.
TheGeekyU2Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #844
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
I hate it when someone stresses me out in text messages just as much as they do IRL. Can't block him right now unfortunately, but I have before.

Why is is that the people you love getting texts from don't send enough, but the ones you don't somehow turn into chronic texters. Well it is for me *throws phone out window*
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #845
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 47,167
Local Time: 10:19 AM
^ One of the reasons I don't text. That, and I am old!
__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #846
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
^ One of the reasons I don't text. That, and I am old!
I guess I am too In my mind I'm not, but in the mirror I'm checking into the botox and fillers ER.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 AM   #847
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
God I hate that men telling women to smile. Got it from a security guy at U2 last night, of all people.

I shot right back to him my mother just died on June 8th. What I wanted to say was also I don't have to smile because you think I should. And why would you even verbalize that to any random stranger? I'm happy with my resting bitch face if that's what you think it is dude. I never tell any men to smile and I never have never would. So, don't get it.

When I said what I said back to him all he could say was sorry. Maybe be kind because you never know what battle someone is facing. Yeah.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #848
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,234
Local Time: 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
God I hate that men telling women to smile. Got it from a security guy at U2 last night, of all people.

I shot right back to him my mother just died on June 8th. What I wanted to say was also I don't have to smile because you think I should. And why would you even verbalize that to any random stranger? I'm happy with my resting bitch face if that's what you think it is dude. I never tell any men to smile and I never have never would. So, don't get it.

When I said what I said back to him all he could say was sorry. Maybe be kind because you never know what battle someone is facing. Yeah.
My condolences to you. Men are shitbags. Fuck them and their smiles.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:31 PM   #849
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 47,167
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
God I hate that men telling women to smile. Got it from a security guy at U2 last night, of all people.

I shot right back to him my mother just died on June 8th. What I wanted to say was also I don't have to smile because you think I should. And why would you even verbalize that to any random stranger? I'm happy with my resting bitch face if that's what you think it is dude. I never tell any men to smile and I never have never would. So, don't get it.

When I said what I said back to him all he could say was sorry. Maybe be kind because you never know what battle someone is facing. Yeah.
__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #850
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Some men are shitbags, some women are shitbags too. I've gotten that smile thing so often that it really makes me angry though. It's time to tell them off instead of seething inside. Of course if you say something you're a man hating nasty woman angry feminist? It's a human thing, what makes anyone think they can comment on something like that to a complete stranger? I own my feelings and emotions and expressions, no one else does.

Maybe that guy will think twice before doing it again, if he remembers?
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:03 AM   #851
Blue Crack Supplier
 
MsPurrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Heartland (Indiana, USA)
Posts: 47,167
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Some men are shitbags, some women are shitbags too. I've gotten that smile thing so often that it really makes me angry though. It's time to tell them off instead of seething inside. Of course if you say something you're a man hating nasty woman angry feminist? It's a human thing, what makes anyone think they can comment on something like that to a complete stranger? I own my feelings and emotions and expressions, no one else does.

Maybe that guy will think twice before doing it again, if he remembers?
As another woman who also has RBF, it has happened to me, too. One of the professors I used to work with was always telling me to smile. Finally, one day I said, "I can't. I have to fart." And he never did it again!
__________________
MsPurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #852
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,947
Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
As another woman who also has RBF, it has happened to me, too. One of the professors I used to work with was always telling me to smile. Finally, one day I said, "I can't. I have to fart." And he never did it again!

That's awesome
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:51 PM   #853
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rachel D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: At the Lettuce Bar
Posts: 6,180
Local Time: 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPurrl View Post
As another woman who also has RBF, it has happened to me, too. One of the professors I used to work with was always telling me to smile. Finally, one day I said, "I can't. I have to fart." And he never did it again!
__________________

Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com