Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate when people are condescending and when people insult my intelligence. It's a personality trait that's not gender dependent at all. But I get it more often from men than women, and have gotten it way too many times. Some men just like to do it to women, some are equal opportunity offenders.

I graduated from college summa cum laude and was asked to speak at my college graduation. I was way too shy and scared to do it so I said no. Answer would still be no. Granted that was a long time ago, but I don't think I've become progressively dumber since then. I'm smarter about myself and about analyzing the motives of others. But it still bugs me. Their problem not mine, but still bugs.

I hate all of the sanctimonious "thoughts and prayers" tweeted by our so-called president every time there is another mass shooting in the U.S. And yet fuck-all is being done about it! :angry:

I hate it when someone stresses me out in text messages just as much as they do IRL. Can't block him right now unfortunately, but I have before.

Why is is that the people you love getting texts from don't send enough, but the ones you don't somehow turn into chronic texters. Well it is for me *throws phone out window*

God I hate that men telling women to smile. Got it from a security guy at U2 last night, of all people.

I shot right back to him my mother just died on June 8th. What I wanted to say was also I don't have to smile because you think I should. And why would you even verbalize that to any random stranger? I'm happy with my resting bitch face if that's what you think it is dude. I never tell any men to smile and I never have never would. So, don't get it.

When I said what I said back to him all he could say was sorry. Maybe be kind because you never know what battle someone is facing. Yeah.

God I hate that men telling women to smile. Got it from a security guy at U2 last night, of all people.

I shot right back to him my mother just died on June 8th. What I wanted to say was also I don't have to smile because you think I should. And why would you even verbalize that to any random stranger? I'm happy with my resting bitch face if that's what you think it is dude. I never tell any men to smile and I never have never would. So, don't get it.

When I said what I said back to him all he could say was sorry. Maybe be kind because you never know what battle someone is facing. Yeah.

My condolences to you. Men are shitbags. Fuck them and their smiles.

:hug:

Some men are shitbags, some women are shitbags too. I've gotten that smile thing so often that it really makes me angry though. It's time to tell them off instead of seething inside. Of course if you say something you're a man hating nasty woman angry feminist? It's a human thing, what makes anyone think they can comment on something like that to a complete stranger? I own my feelings and emotions and expressions, no one else does.

Maybe that guy will think twice before doing it again, if he remembers?

Some men are shitbags, some women are shitbags too. I've gotten that smile thing so often that it really makes me angry though. It's time to tell them off instead of seething inside. Of course if you say something you're a man hating nasty woman angry feminist? It's a human thing, what makes anyone think they can comment on something like that to a complete stranger? I own my feelings and emotions and expressions, no one else does.

Maybe that guy will think twice before doing it again, if he remembers?

As another woman who also has RBF, it has happened to me, too. One of the professors I used to work with was always telling me to smile. Finally, one day I said, "I can't. I have to fart." And he never did it again! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom