Things I Hate Part 720 - Hating Full Circle, Twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's below freezing point for ONE day and the entire bus service is down due to slippery roads. Well why do you reckon I was going to TAKE the bus in the first place? :doh:

Had to walk/slide to the train station to take a train to work. :crack:

So my supervisor assigned us all to read this book concerning argumentation and asked our opinions about it. Everyone was generally vague w/ their praise, but I actually had a few legitimate criticisms of the work (it wasn't all bad, but I mentioned how I felt the beginning seemed like pseudo-edifying pedagogy, there were sections I felt were contradictory of other sections, etc.,)... so what is my supervisor's response?

"Well, Ryan, these publishers are Stanford graduates and highly respected in their field. How many books have you published?"

:|

How is that at all relevant to what I had to say? What I really wanted to respond with was how I didn't think ad hominems were mentioned anywhere in the book, so maybe you should utilize a legitimate form of rebuttal.

:rant:

what a condescending little f*cker :angry: (that type of attitude was the one thing that simultaneously terrified me and p*ssed me off at uni ~ it's an appalling attitude for a lecturer to have towards students and learning :| )

I hate idiots. The world seems to be breeding them faster and faster these days.

oh this . . . :gah:

I hate that a friend who's been fighting addiction issues is in the midst of a big relapse. I hate that she's in so much pain and that she's causing so much pain to so many people that love her and that she loves. I fear this is going to be a life-long battle for her, with no happy ending. :sad:

:(

U2mama and Amy :hug:

my hate? envy; it is just so ugly

I hate how I can not get negative thoughts out of my mind,
becuase they keep me from functioning normal , and keep me from learning new things.
I can not concentrate on anything that is really important to me right now and that sickens me. I want to be my old self again.

^
:lmao:

It's below freezing point for ONE day and the entire bus service is down due to slippery roads. Well why do you reckon I was going to TAKE the bus in the first place? :doh:

Had to walk/slide to the train station to take a train to work. :crack:

That sucks. It would get to below freezing more than once a year there wouldn't it? Our train rails buckle when it's too hot :huh:

the image of people skidding and sliding their way along the road is probably funnier to me than it is to you though.....:giggle:

^
:lmao:

That sucks. It would get to below freezing more than once a year there wouldn't it? Our train rails buckle when it's too hot :huh:

the image of people skidding and sliding their way along the road is probably funnier to me than it is to you though.....:giggle:

Yeah but the weather kicked in late this year. Last year we had snow in November, so the public transport was well prepared. Though, except the trains. They sucked and I missed an exam due to them failing hard. But at least the buses are back now, and hopefully the trains will continue to ride. Until the switches are frozen again.

In summer it's too warm and they can't run because of overheating. In winter it's too cold and the rails freeze. :wink: Our trains are the biggest whiney men in the country. Always bitching. Never just doing their bleedin' job.

I didn't know you also had the summer heat problem, I thought this was just a problem for Deutsche Bahn.
But yes, every year again millions of car drivers, but also bus and train companies are totally surprised and overwhelmed by the sudden, never-seen-before existence of snow and ice.

I didn't know you also had the summer heat problem, I thought this was just a problem for Deutsche Bahn.
But yes, every year again millions of car drivers, but also bus and train companies are totally surprised and overwhelmed by the sudden, never-seen-before existence of snow and ice.
I think DB and NS aren't that different. :lol: It's exactly as you said, one day of extreme weather and people act like it's never happened before. I don't get how they can't prepare for this, as it was known for weeks that below 0C temperatures were coming.

I'd be whining too if I had to work outdoors in 0C weather!!

Oh you're such a wuss. :tsk: You'd never survive a winter here, let alone in Canada or somethin'.

:lol: I am still lolling about when you decided to do a Euro trip in January. That's usually the coldest month. Sadly it didn't happen, but still. Woulda been funny.

I hate it when I have a bad dream that stresses me out so much that I feel like I need a nap when I wake up. I had the one about my teeth shattering in pieces and falling out, which I have periodically, usually when I'm clenching my teeth in my sleep. It's so scary because I can feel my teeth grinding together but I'm not awake enough to stop doing it.

You know, I just realized why I dreamed this. I was watching Jay Leno last night and that Turtle Man was on the show, and most of his teeth are gone! :doh: :lol: That must really bother me more than I realize.

Well, this is really a random dislike, not really HATE 'cause that's not me but...I REALLY DISLIKE animal photos...cats, dogs, any of them...I'd rather post this here than FB...its disgusting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom