Things I Hate Part 720 - Hating Full Circle, Twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GaleonGirl - she's fine, thanks for asking :hug:

Hope you got some sleep Amy, or at least some good daydreaming :sexywink:

That's good to hear. :)

I hate that my friend does not realise that she's got issues. She's had issues in the past, eating disorder, and she's now very skinny. But she eats decently now. The problem is that she cannot take criticism at all, on anything. I noticed it staying the night with friends at her place, that the way she treats her dad is pretty shit. Yeah he's a bit of a know it all, but she starts to raise her voice out of nowhere when he's trying to help. I know I don't take well to screaming because of my own dad, but still. She just can't handle it when someone is trying to correct her.

How do I tell her this without her going apeshit on me? I mean, I don't have a problem telling people the truth. At all. But that's regular healthy people. She's had plenty of issues and I do NOT want to push her.

A trick I sometimes use (and bare with me while I try to explain) . . . basically you make a circle with your thumb and middle finger on one hand, then do the same with the other, linking the circles through the middle. You then rest your hands on your stomach and just concentrate on the circle your fingers have made.

I know, it all sounds a little silly but a friend at work introduced me to this practice and it really works (I use it at work on really stressful days as a means of forcing myself to stop and breath and just refocus) . . . it works for my son (who often has trouble sleeping before big events like exams or sports finals etc) and sometimes for me and it's cheap and easy and worth a shot.
I love it! I haven't heard of this, but I'll definitely try it.

GaleonGirl - she's fine, thanks for asking :hug:
Just read this. Hope everything is ok and it was nothing serious. :hug:s for you and :hug:s for her.

I hate the headspins from drinking. All I want to do is sleep and I can't
Eat something greasy. :therethere:

my hate: i miss a buttload of stuff from the states. all this music talk is making me miss satellite radio!
Homesick?
Also, where are you noooowwwww???

Regional? Hardly. Though I reckon it's probably Internet lingo, as I picked it up somewhere on here. Whenever something's too annoying, and just not worth the time, I just can't be arsed to do it. :wink
heh, that's funny. I'm gonna start incorporating that into my own southern jargon :wink:

And :ohmy: It's kafrun! :wave:

EDIT: I hate that my car battery died last night :angry: I hate spending moneeeyyyyy on senseless thiiiiingggssssss

Ehh. Tried both before. Not my thing.

On a similar note of not my thing, I just read through the list of all the cover songs on Glee :crack: Covers, for the most part (aside from the ones that make the songs better), bother me...so much...

Well it's your own fault. Involving Glee in your life, in any way, shape, or form, even if it's as small as reading the list of cover songs, is a gigantic mistake.

KATIE! Y U DISAPPOINT ME?!!

and yeah, for the most part... covers kinda suck :crack: Although I can appreciate doing something completely different and somehow making it work (e.g. Scissor Sisters take on "Comfortable Numb"; Matthew Good's cover of "Moon Over Marin").

Re: Glee...yeah. Definitely. :crack:

I'm fine with U2 covering stuff. Obviously. Joan Jett and Marc Bolan are the only people I really tolerate doing covers, besides Bono...

My tendency to put everything off 'til the last minute! Now I have piiiiiles of homework... :crack:

*gets offline*

oh, and I hate that my computer charger disappeared over winter break and I still can't find it

I'm coming down with a cold. Now? SERIOUSLY?????????????????? :crack: :crack: :crack:

(At least maybe the cold meds will help me sleep)

song titles that lie about how long they are. i'll use a u2 song as an example. sixty seconds in kingdom come? that shit is 3:15 long. wtf. or if there's a song with the title five minutes, it better have a running time of 5:00 exactly.

yeeeees

and i'm in neeeew zeeeeaaalaaaand :lol:

sorry your car battery died! :(
Whaaaat?!?!?!?!! That tiny little country by Australia?? I'm a little jealous, actually. Whhyyyyy did you move, though??

And the car battery - I was actually a little relieved to find that it started working after adding water and cleaning some of the rust from the connectors... maybe it wasn't the battery that needed repairing after all! But nope, it wouldn't start this morning, and I had to get a ride to work. And tomorrow I will be shelling out $100+ to replace it :madwife:

:ohmy: It's Cin!

:wave:

EDIT: Right now I hate that a bunch of my female coworkers are talking about their mishaps during pregnancy - a bunch of ruptured this, tearing of that - :no: My god, I've got nothing but mad props for all the female Interferencers out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom