Things I hate part 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rioting in London, it is senseless. Also, working in Hackney and leaving the studio to be greeted by police in riot gear - thank goodness Boris is living up to all expectations as mayor. Christ.

I know about how to change the oil on my car, does that make me an expert on car repair?
There is a huge difference between knowing about something and actually being a so-called "expert" on it.

I never stated I was an expert. I simply shared some information.

And for the record, knowing how to change the oil is a bit different than studying a subject. :| It's more comparable with being a car mechanic IMO.

Look, it's quite clear you have a problem with me. Then just fucking say so instead of demeaning my quotes.

I never stated I was an expert. I simply shared some information.

And for the record, knowing how to change the oil is a bit different than studying a subject. :| It's more comparable with being a car mechanic IMO.

To simply refute what was said earlier about it only being able to get cancer due to genetics and no other possible way is crap. But hey you wrote a report so I guess its true. Maybe write a report on automobile mechanics - U seem to be an expert in that field as well.

.....will you be walking on water anytime soon....????

Welcome to the 21st century. I suggest you read up on stuff then. :| Never did I state you can ONLy get cancer due to genetics. I just said that today it's pretty damn impossible to get cancer by air, food or whatever you mentioned. Pollution is so strictly regulated and a lot of carcinogens are banned, so that makes that chance so small it's neglectible. Burnt food could be an issue, but most people aren't stupid enough anymore to eat it these days.

Smoking, drinking and genetics are the main causes.

Welcome to the 21st century. I suggest you read up on stuff then. :| Never did I state you can ONLy get cancer due to genetics. I just said that today it's pretty damn impossible to get cancer by air, food or whatever you mentioned. Pollution is so strictly regulated and a lot of carcinogens are banned, so that makes that chance so small it's neglectible. Burnt food could be an issue, but most people aren't stupid enough anymore to eat it these days.

Smoking, drinking and genetics are the main causes.

Ahhhhhh so you are a doctor then?

I'm not. But a car mechanic has studied cars. I've done a university subject on cancer, or oncology if you will.

applaud.gif

god yes. i've been stung by a wasp once and i was just standing still, had no idea there was one near me until i was stung. one stung my dad above his eye once when he was mowing - wtf!

last month i was doing some urban exploration (does it count as urban if it's in a rural area though? :giggle:) and there was a wasp flying around the entrance. that made me way more nervous than walking in the building itself.
Above his EYE?! :yikes:

images

"Election" is a pretty good movie

I pray for the day someone finds a way to eradicate those buzzing, bastard offsprings of Beelzebub :angry:

Also, whilst trying to get some shut-eye last night, I heard the familiar shuffling of a roach underneath my bed :|
god i hate louisiana...

EDIT: oh, and I also hate cancer and various other terminal illnesses.

EDIT 2: and the tiny pieces of cotton that stick to your shirt after wearing a new sweatshirt.

I hate that my hate list is so long right now....and includes (in no particular order): the giant cicada killer bees in my backyard, unknown medical problems and doctors who don't return phone calls, the unfriend button on Facebook, jaw pain that won't go away, anxiety and panic attacks, missing and worrying about too many family members and friends and people who used to be friends, how quiet my house is right now, that there's no such thing as a rewind button, do over or magic treadmill, that my kids are growing up way to fast and will be in college before I know it, that we just lost a bunch of money thanks to the stock market crashing, that our dog just had another seizure, that Japanese beetles are eating everything in my garden, PMS, puberty and menopause, that it's a gloomy, sunless day....

To simply refute what was said earlier about it only being able to get cancer due to genetics and no other possible way is crap. But hey you wrote a report so I guess its true. Maybe write a report on automobile mechanics - U seem to be an expert in that field as well.

.....will you be walking on water anytime soon....????

She already has. GG is awesome!

I hate that my hate list is so long right now....and includes (in no particular order): the giant cicada killer bees in my backyard, unknown medical problems and doctors who don't return phone calls, the unfriend button on Facebook, jaw pain that won't go away, anxiety and panic attacks, missing and worrying about too many family members and friends and people who used to be friends, how quiet my house is right now, that there's no such thing as a rewind button, do over or magic treadmill, that my kids are growing up way to fast and will be in college before I know it, that we just lost a bunch of money thanks to the stock market crashing, that our dog just had another seizure, that Japanese beetles are eating everything in my garden, PMS, puberty and menopause, that it's a gloomy, sunless day....

:hug::hug::hug:

Above his EYE?! :yikes:

images

"Election" is a pretty good movie

I pray for the day someone finds a way to eradicate those buzzing, bastard offsprings of Beelzebub :angry:

Also, whilst trying to get some shut-eye last night, I heard the familiar shuffling of a roach underneath my bed :|
god i hate louisiana...
i know!

oh wow, i hadn't thought of that movie in ages, it is a good movie!

oh gross, i hate roaches too. i visited my parents last month and a huge roach (flying one too :sad:) got in the house. barf. i've only been to louisiana once about five years ago, had a great time but my god the mosquitoes were INSANE. i opened the car door for maybe a minute at one point and i think 50 of the buggers got in. jesus.

dude, give it a rest already. if you don't like galeongirl i suggest you use your ignore function. especially since posts like these are against the rules.

^thanks :hug: ironically, I was at that show...happy memories!

:ohmy: that is awesome! :)

She already has. GG is awesome!

this :)

I hate this life I'm living and quite frankly, I sometimes hate myself.

I'm not looking for :hug: or anything else, just need to get it out sometimes. Please continue with your day :up:

better out than in foh sho . . . :hug: hope the ickles depart soon lovely :)

Car problems--mine doesn't want to start. It groans, and after a few tries, it starts. (So far) So I'll spend Monday afternoon at the dealership--if it starts so I can get there! :huh:

I hate that my car got egged late last night and I just noticed :angry:. Not to mention that I absolutely HATE the smell of eggs. So that was fun washing it off of my car just now :|

Being a graduate looking for a job. I also hate the pressure to settle for the first job offer that comes my way, essentially moving back home after finishing uni was a poor move. Sigh.

Hate that my mom is in the hospital yet again. That's about the 3rd or 4th time in less than 4 months. And the last 2-3 times, my sister didn't bother to tell me. My cousin called to let me know today. She's been in the hospital since Thursday evening apparently. My mom may have wanted to call me in the last few days but couldn't get an outside line (or outside the area call). Haven't spoken to my sister in months. Apparently I don't live up to her standards or whatever; I don't call enough and visit enough and do things for my parents enough. I also have two jobs and a teenage daughter that doesn't drive, and a husband with a job that has him working all kinds of hours, including this past weekend. Maybe I'll still be awake when he gets home tonight. :sigh:

But yeah... WTF sis? :rant: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom