things i hate part 2874892742

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys, sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Didn't know where to put my post from last night. I was horribly upset and mad.

:hug: . . . so much better out that in . . . and, just quietly, you're allowed to be upset and angry and flail against the world . . . it's an arse of a disease and it is tough to have to watch a loved one go through it . . . sending you both strength, peace and love :hug:

that I can't go back in time. :sad:

:hug:

< this is a tiny bit feeble but I hate that there is still no news and I'm checking web sites and emails and facebook like a crazy person . . . :waiting: . . . :reject:

Waiting to go to sleep. Maddy & 3 friends have a huge project due Monday morning, and have been working on it ALL weekend. She's at a friend's house now finishing up. I get to pick her up when she's done. Then we both get to get up at 6:00am. Her to shower & go to school, me to get her breakfast & lunch ready, and then crawl back into bed :crack: :yawn: I can't imagine how much sleep she's had, if any :(

:hug: :hug: *and pillows for Lila and Maddy*

Does Maddy have AP Euro? It seems (from Facebook) like she does an AWFUL lot of work for that class . . . especially if it's just regular or even Honors Euro. She talks about working on that class more than all her other classes combined -- and she's in Chemistry! :yikes:

Yes, it's AP Euro History. The AP test was on the 7th. Then there was a huge country project due today. This is with 3 others in the class. It's been a long year, tons upon tons of homework, and not to mention the class is the first class of the day at 7:00am :crack: Maddy was working on her portion of the report all last week, so by Saturday, her part was done & formatted for the report. Her friends, however, were not done with their portion. So they worked all day/night Saturday and Sunday. I picked her up from her friend's house at 1:30am :yawn: She got home and had to do one last thing to the report. Then she ate something & headed to bed, finally, at about 2:20. I stood up with her and helped get her ready (packed gym bag for today, etc.). So we had about 3.5 hours of sleep last night, and then I got a 2.5 hour nap this morning. She's got to be running on fumes. I don't know when was the last night she had enough sleep. She had to be at school Friday for rally set up at 6:00am. :crack: She's got a lot on her plate. She has to make the Powerpoint presentation for AP Euro today, which is due tomorrow. One of the other mom's is gonna bake the bread & bring it in. They cooked/baked over the weekend to test/choose their recipe. And she said she had a Chemistry test today, which I'm sure none of the girls studied for. And she said she has a project due in Spanish tomorrow, which she won't have done, so I may pick her up from school early/after lunch :shifty: so she can get to it. There's just a lot of things going on/due projects/finals in these next 3 weeks of school. :crack: Can't wait til June 12. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

And she's taking 3 AP classes next year :faint: (Including science, but the teacher is great and they love him)

Last day of school is June 11, so theoretically, we should get to sleep in on the 12th :)

I don't remember having workloads like that in school. I think she's a much better student, plus she has our support. I don't remember my parents caring or pushing me all that much :shrug: :reject:

Yes, it's AP Euro History. The AP test was on the 7th. Then there was a huge country project due today. This is with 3 others in the class. It's been a long year, tons upon tons of homework, and not to mention the class is the first class of the day at 7:00am :crack: Maddy was working on her portion of the report all last week, so by Saturday, her part was done & formatted for the report. Her friends, however, were not done with their portion. So they worked all day/night Saturday and Sunday. I picked her up from her friend's house at 1:30am :yawn: She got home and had to do one last thing to the report. Then she ate something & headed to bed, finally, at about 2:20. I stood up with her and helped get her ready (packed gym bag for today, etc.). So we had about 3.5 hours of sleep last night, and then I got a 2.5 hour nap this morning. She's got to be running on fumes. I don't know when was the last night she had enough sleep. She had to be at school Friday for rally set up at 6:00am. :crack: She's got a lot on her plate. She has to make the Powerpoint presentation for AP Euro today, which is due tomorrow. One of the other mom's is gonna bake the bread & bring it in. They cooked/baked over the weekend to test/choose their recipe. And she said she had a Chemistry test today, which I'm sure none of the girls studied for. And she said she has a project due in Spanish tomorrow, which she won't have done, so I may pick her up from school early/after lunch :shifty: so she can get to it. There's just a lot of things going on/due projects/finals in these next 3 weeks of school. :crack: Can't wait til June 12. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Add Marching Band/Drumline and that sounds exactly like my sister's, Lauren, schedule. She gets maybe 5 or 6 hours sleep a night if she's lucky. Except hers was AP Spanish. But now that she's a Senior & Drumline ended & all her classes are only Finals left, she has TONS of free time. I'm so glad.

I'm so with you, Lila. These kids today do AMAZING things!

Wow! Parallel universe? :wink: Maddy had basketball from last summer thru til early March, but now that's over & done. Can't wait til she can finally have a break/free time. I'm sure summer will roll around soon enough and I'll get the "I'm bored" 's :)

AP classes take up so much time.

I am always exhausted when I hear about the schedule of my niece who is a cheerleader in high school and my nephew who is in middle school and who is involved in all sorts of activities (traveling soccer team, basketball, boy scouts) in addition to his advanced classes.
I thought I had a busy schedule when I was in high school but in no way does it compare to the schedules that these kids deal with during their school year. :yawn:

And she's taking 3 AP classes next year :faint: (Including science, but the teacher is great and they love him)

I admire her. You must be so proud!
:hug:

Thanks, I am very proud. :hug:

Hopefully she's home before midnight tonight :happy: They present their project tomorrow. Apparently they chose to go first. Maybe there will be leniency in the grading since they volunteered. :pray:

that a bunch of my lovely blue craic friends are going to wake up to news that will make their summer a little less sunny :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks :hug: They said to hold on to our show tickets, as they will be rescheduled. I can cancel hotel ressies, and fortunately we are close enough to Chicago that no airfare is involved--we drive the 130 miles. Get well wishes to our man!

Picked her up around 1:00am last night. We're all running on fumes :happy:

:hug: . . . hope the two of you are hanging in there :)

when someone can't even fucking say 'thank you'

there really is no excuse for bad manners :|

Thanks :hug: They said to hold on to our show tickets, as they will be rescheduled. I can cancel hotel ressies, and fortunately we are close enough to Chicago that no airfare is involved--we drive the 130 miles. Get well wishes to our man!

glad you escaped relatively unscathed :)

< the weather . . . its hideous . . .cold, and grey and wet and gloomy and its giving me the sadz :sigh: . . . mayhaps some chocolate is in order :hmm:

that a bunch of my lovely blue craic friends are going to wake up to news that will make their summer a little less sunny :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, I'm only losing minimum money, but I am still going on my trip and I'm going to make the most of it.

yes!!! fuck winter!!!

oh big ole doubly douche bag dittoz . . .it's foul and to add insult to injury have just spent an hour waiting in the freezing foulness for my two boys who still had rugby training in this miserableness . . . they are wet and muddy and blue and red and hungry and cold and . . . have I made it clear just how much I HATE RUGBY :madspit:

nope, tell us what you really think about it :wink:

you know what the worst bit is? we're not even winter yet, it's still autumn :scream: :lol:

luckily for me though, i'm going to America in less than a month for five weeks, so that's five weeks of winter replaced with five weeks of summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom